LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

+87
RealGunner
Firenze
vivabarca38
Zero
Zealous
justdoit_
Vibe
andiii
Yeezus
guest7
red&blacklegion
TheRedStag
FennecFox7
Eivindo
tonger
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
kiranr
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
halamadrid2
TonyDaBeast
Emaharg
Blue Barrett
Arquitecto
7amood11
RED
Lord Awesome
Amar
windkick
rsinatra
Red Alert
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
M99
free_cat
BiasedMilanFan3
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
InterMalia
Tomwin Lannister
lenear1030
Divine Intervention
Le Samourai
chad4401
Valkyrja
the xcx
BAYERN_MUNICH
Gomez83
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
Blue
LeSwagg James
Funkentelechy
Ganso
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Rossoneri Ninja
zizzle
S32TABLANCA
II Capitano
Onyx
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
pUsHa
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
LeVersacci
Abramovich
Gil
Potential
Cotes
fatman123
che
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Kick
Forza
REWB
Jonathan28
lszanto
EarlyPrototype
Dante
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
91 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 27 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 pm

nichabr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Crimson.... i know it's hard to count past 20 since that's your maximum number of fingers and toes. You're not my target audience until you take algebra.

@nichabr. Quote me. I always talked in terms of revenue. The zizzle said it's more relevant to him to know the expenses involved against the revenue so he can understand profitability. Ok. on 60 mil+ of revenue, BeIn Sport 1 is expected to make 20+ mil. That's in France only keep in mind.
Before going off on the 350 mil divided by 5 years is 70 mil.... keep in mind that it's worldwide rights. So only a portion of this total is allocated to the France market. Portions of it will be allocated to other markets. Roughly 30-35 mil of it is allocated to the France networks annually. The rest of it is spread across the world.
No im not that bored or desperate to prove anything wrong
That doesn't explain how a Tv Channel not devoted to PSG can have its income on their books. If anything its a good way of marketing but it has nothing to do with the club or their earning so PSG should not have it on their books.

It'll just show up on their book next year anyhow. Once the annual report comes out, i'll go over it with you guys at the time. It'll be easier than trying to explain it.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 27 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

The hard part to understand is the way you are talking about how the boost in revenue from this new TV network will help PSG without mentioning how the expenses are going to effect PSG.

The way you have been talking in this thread (not sure if just unintentional or what) you have been making it sound like PSG is going to gain the revenue from this massive TV deal while some unknown or outside entity is going to deal with the expenses that come from the 1 billion dollar repurchasing of the right

I'm also confused as to how revenues from beIn Sport, owned by Al-Jazeera, is going to go to PSG?

Just because PSG is owned by a Qatari investment group and Al-Jazeera is also owned by a Qatari investment group, does NOT mean that the revenues of PSG = the revenues of Al-Jazeera

So your losing me more and more as to how this situation is going to be the watershed for PSG that you are describing it to be.

Edit: wtf....I just looked it up and PSG and Al-Jazeera aren't even owned by the same Qatari investment groups

"Qatari Media Corportation" owns Al-Jazeera which owns beIn Sport
"Qatari Investment Authority" owns PSG

..........................So how exactly is PSG getting a revenue increase here?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:The hard part to understand is the way you are talking about how the boost in revenue from this new TV network will help PSG without mentioning how the expenses are going to effect PSG.

The way you have been talking in this thread (not sure if just unintentional or what) you have been making it sound like PSG is going to gain the revenue from this massive TV deal while some unknown or outside entity is going to deal with the expenses that come from the 1 billion dollar repurchasing of the right

I'm also confused as to how revenues from beIn Sport, owned by Al-Jazeera, is going to go to PSG?

Just because PSG is owned by a Qatari investment group and Al-Jazeera is also owned by that investment group, does NOT mean that the revenues of PSG = the revenues of Al-Jazeera

So your losing me more and more as to how this situation is going to be the watershed for PSG that you are describing it to be.

I'm with you i don't understand how they are getting anything here.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:The hard part to understand is the way you are talking about how the boost in revenue from this new TV network will help PSG without mentioning how the expenses are going to effect PSG.

Just because PSG is owned by a Qatari investment group and Al-Jazeera is also owned by that investment group, does NOT mean that the revenues of PSG = the revenues of Al-Jazeera

Apparently you need to take Algebra to understand, hard I know!

lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm

BeIn Sport is not Al Jazeera Sport. BeIn Sport was launched in France. BeIn and PSG are owned by the same holding company in France. Nasser al-Khelaïfi is the president of the holding company and oversees the whole thing. Nasser is the person you see next to Leonardo all the time. BeIn Sport's headquarters are in Paris and is comprised of 160 employees.

I think that's where the confusion started. You guys thought that BeIN is being initiated out of Qatar. It is not. It is purposefully being launched out of the entity structure involving PSG.

Affiliated companies to BeIN in France are being launched in different countries.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Crimson wrote:

Apparently you need to take Algebra to understand, hard I know!

lmao

Fingers and toes Crimson.... stick to what you know.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:BeIn Sport is not Al Jazeera Sport. BeIn Sport was launched in France. BeIn and PSG are owned by the same holding company in France. Nasser al-Khelaïfi is the president of the holding company and oversees the whole thing. Nasser is the person you see next to Leonardo all the time. BeIn Sport's headquarters are in Paris and is comprised of 160 employees.

I think that's where the confusion started. You guys thought that BeIN is being initiated out of Qatar. It is not. It is purposefully being launched out of the entity structure involving PSG.

Affiliated companies to BeIN in France are being launched in different countries.

This is more relevant than my last post lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Edit: wtf....I just looked it up and PSG and Al-Jazeera aren't even owned by the same Qatari investment groups

"Qatari Media Corportation" owns Al-Jazeera which owns beIn Sport
"Qatari Investment Authority" owns PSG

..........................So how exactly is PSG getting a revenue increase here?

This is exactly what I've been laughing at the entire time

Good to watch sports bury himself with his ramblings while insinuating that anyone that does not understand is simply stupid haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:BeIn Sport is not Al Jazeera Sport. BeIn Sport was launched in France. BeIn and PSG are owned by the same holding company in France. Nasser al-Khelaïfi is the president of the holding company and oversees the whole thing. Nasser is the person you see next to Leonardo all the time. BeIn Sport's headquarters are in Paris and is comprised of 160 employees.

I don't think thats the case, though..

A short wikipedia search seems to indicate that Nasser Al-Khelaifi is the President of PSG (which we all know) and the director of Al-Jazeera sports. Those are two separate positions held by one guy, not some sort of holding company.

It also says that beIn sport is "a french premium network of sports channels operated by Qatar based broadcaster Al-Jazeera"

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:40 pm

cant we all just agree that psg is filthy rich?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:cant we all just agree that psg is filthy rich?

Agreed but that isn't the discussion taking place. It is how exactly they would get out of the whole FFP situation. Personally, I think whatever it is going on in Paris, UEFA would not do anything to stop PSG and give out some technical babble as to why they should be included.

If one doesn't really believe what Sportz is writing that is...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 pm

The QIA is the all encompassing sovereign investment arm of Qatar. QIA does not directly own PSG. They have a holding company in France that holds ownership of PSG. The corporate structure is probably a lot more complicated than that... but they would never own something directly for a lot of reasons (fiscal, legal, etc.).

Qatar Media Coporation (QMC) is the parent company for the domestic media companies in Qatar including AL Jazeera. It is an operating company. QIA does the investing and QMC does the operating when it comes to media only.

There is a separate entity in France called Groupe Al Jazeera Sports France (GAJSF). QMC operates it and QIA finances it. The financing entity QIA uses to fund this french group is the same as the one used for PSG. GAJSF owns BeIN and its headquarters are in Boulogne-Billancourt.

OK. I'll stop here. i'd have to draw an organigram and, since i'm not privy to the exact structure of all this, might as well wait until operating results come in next year.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Sorry if i get a bit snippy... but i actually have a pretty decent grasp of happenings in France. I never, ever talk about this kind of detail unless it's something that i have some small knowledge about. I don't know if you noticed, but my detailed comments only involve French teams or French players. I would never comment on how CIty plans on dealing with FFP because i have no idea.

All i'm saying is that the business plan put in place for PSG is much larger than just the club. In fact, PSG is a subsidiary component of the bigger plan It's a lot of interconnected parts and each part has been meticulously planned so that they don't shoot themselves in the foot. There's a lot of brainpower working on this.

If you don't want to believe me, no problem. I could be wrong frankly because it's not like i work for any of these groups. But i am part of a group that is in fact trying to get involved on a much smaller scale in French football and i do have a lot of information coming my way as a result... if you guys don't want me to share, let me know and i won't.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:20 pm

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 27 619314905
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Ibra's wages:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120718-france-politicians-slam-disgusting-salary-psg-zlatan-ibrahimovic-football-tax-wages?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 pm

"Although the club did not release the financial details of the three-year deal it has been reported in the French media that the 30-year-old former Barcelona player will receive an eye-watering salary of around €14 million a year after tax – a record-breaking sum for French football."

haha what a joke

gl other Ligue 1 clubs might as well bail out now

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:34 pm

If Clubs like PSG, Chelsea or Man City pass the FFP it will be only because UEFA has dropped their pants.

Otherwise, with only one season into financial fair play, it's already almost impossible that they can achieve the 45 milion losses limit in three seasons.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 pm

free_cat wrote:If Clubs like PSG, Chelsea or Man City pass the FFP it will be only because UEFA has dropped their pants.

Otherwise, with only one season into financial fair play, it's already almost impossible that they can achieve the 45 milion losses limit in three seasons.

for once I agree with you man who frees cats

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Wth are French politicans complaining about? 75% of that is going to taxes loool. They should be thankful.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

Doesnt Platinis son work for the Qatari Investment Group or something shady like that?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 am

Full press conference.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 am

I am sure the 11/12 annual report will have details. Does anyone have access to that?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:31 am

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2012/07/paris-saint-germain-dream-into-action.html

Well here's a Swiss Ramble article on PSG..Dunno if they have that details.(Havent read it yet)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 am

Ok ok that is a cool and awesome and what not. The real question is and let's see if you have the guts to answer. What will you bandwagon, ship jumping frenchies do when PSG play Madrid? Since most normal fans have one team they don't have a problem, on the other hand you two proclaimed your love to Madrid but then came an Arab and bought PSG and all of a sudden you guys ride the PSG dick like a rodeo. So which one is it going to be?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 am

no i have talked liking PSG since i joined the old goal forum when Droit was still around.

i like PSG but i love Madrid, no doubt about it, so it's not even a question.

As for Sports, he is a marseille fan who is using PSG to troll the haterz here daily, and i think he actually kinda likes a french club trying to reach so high.

and i am not french lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 am

Nick did u make that sig yourself lol

Sportz is a Marseille fan??Don't they hate PSG Neutral
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next