What formation will Tito use?

+4
Madvillain
Gomez83
Mr Drew
The Sanchez
8 posters

Go down

What formation will Tito use? Empty What formation will Tito use?

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:10 pm

All this talk of Tito being coach, we can only predict that the passing and ball possession game will continue though will Tito play a new formation or continue Pep's 4-3-3? Can you play the ball possession game with a 4-2-2 or a 5-1-2-1 etc. I got this feeling he won't play the 4-3-3 formation though only games will tell...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What formation will Tito use? Empty Re: What formation will Tito use?

Post by Mr Drew Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am

Playing a 5 1 2 1 with Alves and Alba as our wingbacks sounds very interesting....
Mr Drew
Mr Drew
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:59 am

Hard to say considering our formations change so much especially when player the smaller teams, due to them parking the buss we don't really need much defense and more midfield so I can see Tito using 3-4-3 still.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:16 am

paxtonpale wrote:All this talk of Tito being coach, we can only predict that the passing and ball possession game will continue though will Tito play a new formation or continue Pep's 4-3-3? Can you play the ball possession game with a 4-2-2 or a 5-1-2-1 etc. I got this feeling he won't play the 4-3-3 formation though only games will tell...

With 4-2-2, it seems to me that we aren't fielding enough players, same goes for 5-1-2-1. Laughing

I see no reason for him not to use the so successful 4-3-3. It's also part of our game. It's what the players know best and in which they can perform their best. So why should he consider changing this? Changing to 3-4-3 in some occasions can be expected, but I really don't see any big changes happening when it comes to the formation.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:29 am

4-2-2 is a GOAT formation....when you have had 2 red cards.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 am

Kick wrote:4-2-2 is a GOAT formation....when you have had 2 red cards.
I'd prefer to play a 4-3-1 if I had 2 red cards or 5-2-1 or 5-3-0. Wink
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:54 am

I don't really expect any major tactical changes by Tito but a mere continuation of what we already have. So what I predominantly expect is a continued use of the 4-3-3 with maybe some variations when the situation calls for it. It's worth noting that Barca as an institution looks for managers whose preferred formation is a 4-3-3 (in fact, this was one of the criteria when deciding between Guardiola and the rest) because this is the system of the youth divisions so it makes it easier for the transition to the first team. As it's often said, the youth team doesn't play like Barca, Barca plays like the youth team, so it's unlikely that this will change.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 am

Guardiola regarded 3-4-3 as an attacking evolution of 4-3-3 with even greater focus on keeping possession while claiming Barcelona's 2011-12 campaign was tactically superior to years before. So despite what some fans may want to hear, I believe 3-4-3 will be used extensively in the upcoming season by Vilanova, especially knowing he was the tactical brain of Guardiola's team.

Personal opinion? I believe in team tactics and not so much in static formations. It would be fantastic to see a team improving on the idea of Total Football. In doing so, certain players in the squad need to explore dimensions in their play that previously have been untouched. For example, a player like Busquets should try to improve his attacking play. He's one of the best one-touch passers in the game with very good technique and defensively sound but he contributes quite little in attack especially against teams that park the bus. Also getting rid of the Pass-to-Messi Syndrome. For example more players need to take a shot when given a goalscoring opportunity. Not to mention implementing more variety in the play in order to be less predictable against overly-defensive opponents.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down