Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep.

3 posters

Go down

Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep. Empty Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep.

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 am

http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/interviews/tito-vilanova-the-task-is-to-keep-winning/#more-83399

A very good read on a range of subjects.

Some takeaways:

• Interesting that the very first thing that Tito says about Sanchez is that "he worked with Bielsa", I remember an interview 3 years ago in which Pep said Bielsa was one of those managers he 'followed' and it seems that this was taken into account when selecting him due to the similarity in style.
  • I assume Tito's word on Bojan is the same as Pep's, and that's a very promising outlook he gives.
  • Polemic answer "The greatest compliment this team received was in Madrid when we played
    the league game at the Bernabeu, when such a great club and a coach who
    has won [many titles] modified the turf conditions. Before playing that
    game I had the feeling that we were going to win the League."
  • Tito mentions 5 players in his cadete team that he thought would be cracks, including messi, pique and cesc, I wonder who the other 2 were.
  • Liked this line a lot "The youth ranks have not taken the first team style, is the first team that has taken the style of youth ranks."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep. Empty Re: Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep.

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:48 am

alfred, great read. Thanks for posting it.

Other than the extracts you posted there are some I liked a lot. One of them comes just before the line you posted.

But it would not be good to have ten starters and ten others players with the same level because in the end we would have twenty of high level and coexistence would be impossible. A key to our success is that cohabitation (coexistence) has been very good because most of the players have a clear role.

We must be grateful to people who have been so many years looking after the child who is small, but skilled, while other clubs were looking for those of 1.90 m tall, strong and fast. We went to look for that different type of player. Those like Iniesta, Leo, Xavi …

And another key is style. When the first team was not playing this way, when they played with another concept, the youth teams kept playing in the style of Rexach, Costas, De la Cruz …

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep. Empty Re: Tito Villanova's interview with El Mundo Dep.

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/interviews/tito-vilanova-the-task-is-to-keep-winning/#more-83399

A very good read on a range of subjects.

Some takeaways:

• Interesting that the very first thing that Tito says about Sanchez is that "he worked with Bielsa", I remember an interview 3 years ago in which Pep said Bielsa was one of those managers he 'followed' and it seems that this was taken into account when selecting him due to the similarity in style.
  • I assume Tito's word on Bojan is the same as Pep's, and that's a very promising outlook he gives.
  • Polemic answer "The greatest compliment this team received was in Madrid when we played
    the league game at the Bernabeu, when such a great club and a coach who
    has won [many titles] modified the turf conditions. Before playing that
    game I had the feeling that we were going to win the League."
  • Tito mentions 5 players in his cadete team that he thought would be cracks, including messi, pique and cesc, I wonder who the other 2 were.
  • Liked this line a lot "The youth ranks have not taken the first team style, is the first team that has taken the style of youth ranks."

One of those 5 players was Victor Vazquez, who was playing at the B until last season. He was considered to have a great future, but he had some important injuries that cut his progression, although I still think he had talent to play in La Liga.
Don't know the other.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down