DRK
Milantildeath
Cruijf
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hachim Mastour - Page 2 Empty Re: Hachim Mastour

Post by Eivindo Thu May 15, 2014 11:20 am

Casciavit wrote:Here's what Pete Acquaviva had to say when he watched him last year:

Milan spent a record fee for a player of Mastour’s age making him the most talked-about signing of the Rossoneri’s youth revolution. But that’s just a transfer. The Rossoneri are upgrading the facilities, putting tens of millions of euros into the youth system each year now, hoping to restore the glory of a youth academy that used to churn out world-class talents that need no introduction. Over the last decade or two though, the youth fell down the pecking order, and the most notable graduates of the last several years, Ignazio Abate and Luca Antonini are some of the only ones to hit the first team of Milan. Adriano Galliani says that Milan hope to come out of the Financial Fair Play era with a sustainable Milan, and that means bringing players from the youth ranks to the first team. Mastour is playing with the Allievi I/II Division, a year younger than the side he normally plays with, Pippo’s Allievi Nazionali. Even though he’s still younger than the majority of the players on the field, he towers over many of the others, whom are going through various stages of puberty.

Mastour is incredibly talented, and he knows it. Warmups began with the Brazilian warmup of two lines jogging and stretching, and shortly thereafter the groups break down into fours and these pods warm up with some passing exercises which give way to brief one on one warmups. This shows the technical ability of some of the players – the defenders opting to make a simple feint and cut, while attackers perform stepovers and more complicated moves. None try what Mastour does though, on his second attempt he successfully rainbows the ball over his teammate, cooly brings the ball down, and gets back in line. He tries the move three other times, but none looked as good as his first success.It’s a midweek friendly, and many of the more talented individuals have been called up to the Allievi Nazionali side who have an important match coming up against Chievo, the side four points ahead of third placed Milan in the table.  Nonetheless, this is a match in which the overlooked players get their chance to play, and the motivation is apparent in some. Mastour doesn’t seem particularly invigorated today though, after all, he’s just coming back from an injury. It only takes a minute, maybe two, for the opening goal. Crociata, a young Sicilian player (and probably the most motivated player on the pitch – to the point of over-exhuberance winning the ball back at any cost) is waiting on the edge of the offsides line and breaks forward with a well timed run, dribbling to the byline. He cuts back, and plays a ball right to the feet of Mastour, who from the penalty spot fakes a shot to the right, shifting the two defenders, and then shoots low and left, beating the keeper. It seemed effortless from Mastour, and this goal settled his nerves.Mastour had lost the ball the first two or three times he was in possession, prompting me to think, “Well, maybe he’s just rusty after such a long layoff..” Losing the ball seemed to motivate him though, and after his goal, Mastour began to dance. When he dribbles, he has the ball on a string. I haven’t seen someone with his sort of control since (and I don’t make this comparison lightly, Andrés Iniesta). Mastour rolls the ball, waits for the defender to mentally commit, and then glides, and I mean glides by his man, only inches away from an outstretched leg. Mastour is so confident though that he doesn’t just beat one man at a time, he takes on a defender, steps past him, then takes on another, moving the ball to places that only he can reach while bypassing player after player.

His first touch is immaculate, he always intelligently has the ball close to him, but away from the defender, close enough often so that the defender will bite and try to grab it, and by the time they decide to make their move, they’ve already been beaten. Halftime at the friendly sees the scoreline reading three to nil, and little scent of a comeback from the visitors.

pic or it didn't happen

Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 16, 2014 6:26 am

they have invested big in the youth ranks. It is true . Youth ranks isn't only the Primavera or the alievi , or the money for Mastour. There's countless small academies which accept kids of all ages to play and learn about football and Milan either owns these completely or is in collaboration with such academies. I even learned/saw quite a few pop up in Greece and they collaborate with Milan . Meaning there can be particular tournaments which can lead to Milan for a tour or to watch a match or even testing some of the best talents of the academy , particular training and sporting methods that apparently come from Milan and obviously if any rare talent emerges , Milan has the chance to know about it straight away .

How do you think Arsenal or Porto or Barcelona e.t.c do it? They spread all over in foreign countries with projects like this , can't even guess how many such academies they must have in their countries alone. Arsenal has a collaboration with an academy here where i live , lol . Arsenal has to be the best in the business , if i am told right . ( i know the dude who runs it from common friends )

Said club gets the chance to know about some great talents before others , even though most top clubs do that anyway.  Kids grow up having a bond for Milan , from wherever they come from and becoming better at football in a proper way , which Milan wins from that too if some (even if one) of them is made for bigger things.  

Milan did progress in that and i am certain there are much more that we won't hear about , but the fruits of all this won't be evident any time soon . Rome wasn't build in a day.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 3:56 pm

gutted he didnt get to play...

Sad even though he is just 15, still wanted to see him play

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

haha galliani is the master of deception. can't stand the shit head
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 21, 2014 8:04 am

well , it's not exactly shit head's fault Mexes got a red card.. Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Rossonero 23 really is our section clown. Laughing

And hey hey, easy on Sexés.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 21, 2014 2:48 pm

I think the Milan section is too easy on him, Mexes has declined to a bloody mess. Better than Zapata but still a terrible mess of a defender and player. We are doomed if he continues to be a starter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Tbf, Balotelli was waiting to come on before Mexes' red card. I don't think Seedorf had any plans to actually play Mastour.

PR stunt.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu May 22, 2014 1:08 am

M99 wrote:I think the Milan section is too easy on him, Mexes has declined to a bloody mess. Better than Zapata but still a terrible mess of a defender and player. We are doomed if he continues to be a starter.
Obviously I haven't ranted about him enough lately. Laughing
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu May 22, 2014 1:08 am

Casciavit wrote:Tbf, Balotelli was waiting to come on before Mexes' red card. I don't think Seedorf had any plans to actually play Mastour.

PR stunt.
Completely agree. It didn't even enter into my mind before the game that Mastour might play.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 22, 2014 7:41 am

Forza wrote:
M99 wrote:I think the Milan section is too easy on him, Mexes has declined to a bloody mess. Better than Zapata but still a terrible mess of a defender and player. We are doomed if he continues to be a starter.
Obviously I haven't ranted about him enough lately. Laughing

Laughing

He's declining ever after his long absence in mid season , though he did have a few good games , normally. It's Milan's last chance to make money out of Mexes and i think it's the right time. However , the thought of having Zapata and Bonera as immediate backups scares me. I would preffer Mexes to that. Nevertheless , we are never so lucky. It will either be Mexes starter , or sold and Bonera-Zapata backups.

I'm dead certain it will be one or the other .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 am

Hopefully Mexes gets sold, we need to save money for our Serie B campaign the season after the next.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 22, 2014 7:51 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Hopefully Mexes gets sold, we need to save money for our Serie B campaign the season after the next.

true dat Proud 
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:07 am

As expected, Hachim Mastour signed his first professional contract with Milan on his 16th birthday.

The creative midfielder is such a star of the youth team that he has already received his first call-up to the senior squad, sitting on the bench for a Serie A match against Sassuolo.

Milan released a statement confirming Mastour had marked his 16th birthday by signing his first professional football contract.

The deal holds him to the Rossoneri until June 30 2017.

In Italy players cannot sign professional contracts until they come of age, which has led to many young talents going abroad when poached by clubs operating under different rules.

Mastour is such a promising player that he has already filmed a series of adverts alongside Brazil hero Neymar.

----------------------------

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/50568/milan-officially-sign-mastour
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 am

I don't know how he's going to fit in a 4-3-3 (going by the reports), maybe use him in an Iniesta-like role? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 am

El Shaarawy wrote:I don't know how he's going to fit in a 4-3-3 (going by the reports), maybe use him in an Iniesta-like role? hmm

thats what i was thinking too. el shaarawy and him at left would fit really well in my opinion.

super excited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:49 am

Hachim Mastour - Page 2 TartBronzeAustralianshelduck

Hachim Mastour - Page 2 PlayfulSpiffyAndeancockoftherock
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 am

I wonder if he's gonna get any gametime this season. Will he play on the wings or maybe have a deeper role? Anyways, i just hope he doesn't end up on a four year loan hopping journey
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:01 am

He's 16 years old ffs. Should just be kept in the youth teams until he's 18 or so before even thinking of loans or giving him game time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 am

But if he doesn't play even in youth team , because should he play with first team?  For the skill in training camp ? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am

Yet, why has the decision to promote him to the first team been made? Clearly the club see something in him. He's not benefitting at all on the bench week in week out. I'm not asking him to start games, poverty minutes, thats all
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:21 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Yet, why has the decision to promote him to the first team been made? Clearly the club see something in him. He's not benefitting at all on the bench week in week out. I'm not asking him to start games, poverty minutes, thats all

Because our administration are masters of distraction. Laughing

Sell Cristante, bring in 30 year old central defenders, replace Balotelli with Torres and send out another generation of youth players on loans they'll never return from but we have a youth project because we promoted Mastour. Proud

I'm not at all concerned by his lack of game time however. I'd like to see him feature in the Coppa Italia and it would be nice if he picks up a couple of Serie A appearances from the bench if we're trouncing an opponent but we shouldn't rush him.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:39 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Yet, why has the decision to promote him to the first team been made? Clearly the club see something in him. He's not benefitting at all on the bench week in week out. I'm not asking him to start games, poverty minutes, thats all

TBH I didn't think he was promoted in first team Laughing so this is the reason why I never read his name among Milan Primavera 's starters Laughing
tbf it seems an idiot decision by Milan management, what is the sense of this ? A youth player should play   in Primvera at least , I hate when Mazzarri calls up Bonazzoli as bencher and then he doesn't play even if we need of a CF , let alone this , good just to create hype on youtube for skill in training camp but it doesn't help the player

edit : I've read he played his first match in Primavera today,good for him,better late than never
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:10 pm

He scored a beauty against Sassuolo Primavera

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Was just about to post, incredible.

Mastour Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:35 pm

His legs are so bent lol, he looks like a cowboy that spent too long riding eco smile
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next