rsinatra
Ganso
Sushi Master
Art Morte
jibers
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

South American football is quality! - Page 2 Empty Re: South American football is quality!

Post by jibers Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:04 pm

awalezelin wrote:there is no much different when the euro giants meet s.a giants

Barcelona struggled with Estudiantes in the CWC final in 09 after wiping the floor with Europe, they lost in the 06 CWC final, Liverpool couldn't hack it either, yet morons on this forum have the audacity to come out and say that Santos would get beaten by Wigan?

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

South American football is quality! - Page 2 Empty Re: South American football is quality!

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

A majority of South America's best players will end up in Europe, because there's more money in Europe. Therefore I would presume that rich European leagues > SA leagues. But the gap does not need to a big one.

Or look at South American national teams: something like 80-90% of their players play in Europe. If your best players are in Europe, isn't it a logical conclusion that top European leagues > top SA leagues?

Not trying to wind anyone up, this is just how I see it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Were not saying SA>european leagues,were just saying that SA teams are far from being as bad as you people make them be.Wigan beating santos is just plain bs.

Santos has national team players anyway
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm

In terms of overall quality of the players, there isn't much difference between Europe and South America. After all, the majority of Europe's best players are from South America.

However, there's a world of difference in playing styles and the European leagues, in my opinion, are generally more difficult to play in for numerous reasons: different climates, more organised teams and a better standard of defending.

Better defending obviously has an effect on the offensive players playing in Europe, which in turn effects the quality of play on show.

Ultimately, it comes down to preference. If you want to see some tactical football, or physical and fast paced football, or slow passing than the European leagues are for you.

If you want to see a high amount of flair, creativity and attacking football, than the South American leagues are for you.

As with tennis, cricket, rugby and most sports we have created, we have been truly left behind, citing on past successes.

Slighty off-topic, but the whole country knows that we're lacking in those sports you've mentioned and are not biased in the slightest when it comes to these sports.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:A majority of South America's best players will end up in Europe, because there's more money in Europe. Therefore I would presume that rich European leagues > SA leagues. But the gap does not need to a big one.

Or look at South American national teams: something like 80-90% of their players play in Europe. If your best players are in Europe, isn't it a logical conclusion that top European leagues > top SA leagues?

Not trying to wind anyone up, this is just how I see it.

but euro giants still struggle to beat s.a giants, isn't it?

Cool
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

If you want the big checks and global fame, Europe is for you Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:If you want the big checks and global fame, Europe is for you Very Happy

that one i can't deny
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah, seriously, Estudiantes was the team that gave 2009 Barca's hardest test bar Chelsea.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah, seriously, Estudiantes was the team that gave 2009 Barca's hardest test bar Chelsea.

yeah.... i agree
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

lol @ Wigan walking through ANY league. Only place they're walking too is 2nd division, regardless of the league.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 am

Gil wrote:You really think those 124121 stopovers & no look passes Neymar and co attempt over there would work on the likes of Shawcross and Gary Caldwell?

I don’t know if Santos & Sao Paulo have ever gone to a place like the Britannia Stadium and suffered the kind of onslaught from Tony Pulis’ team of long throws and free-kicks or been up to a place like Blackburn or Wigan and been beaten up by their long ball into the box.

It would be interesting to see how Neymar, Ganso or Lucas etc would cope on a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium

LOL, are you Martin Tyler? You must be.

You are right. Messi is shit, until the day he moves to the EPL and plays well against Stoke.

I wonder if any English team would be able to endure the South American heat, or the cold you get in the mountains, the high altitudes of more 2, 3 thousand feet, etc...
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 am

Lol, Gil, are you putting Neymar and Ganso in the same pot, as if they were the same type of players? When has Ganso ever done stepovers? I haven't seen him doing it in the past 14 months at least. LOL. He has some tricks, and the perfect skill, but he is not half as flashy as Neymar, learn before you talk. In fact, not all players in Brazil, or in South American for that matter, are like Neymar. Not at all. You're arguments are based on stereotype.

Did you see Peñarol this year? No flashy football at all. Tactical, strong, counter-attacking.

Last edited by rsinatra on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 am

Oh, and to the people talking about European climates being a factor.... really? Do you know anything about South America? The mountains, altitudes, the heat, the cold, the reason why Bolivia massacres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, every time they come for a visit up in the Bolivian mountains? Lol.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:52 am

The infrastructure that european clubs have that makes the difference, 100x better training centers, health departments, etc... etc...
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 am

rsinatra wrote:Oh, and to the people talking about European climates being a factor.... really? Do you know anything about South America? The mountains, altitudes, the heat, the cold, the reason why Bolivia massacres Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, every time they come for a visit up in the Bolivian mountains? Lol.

Americans are always surprised when I tell them that Buenos Aires doesn't have tropical weather and it can get to below-freezing temperatures...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 am

LOL @ the amount of people who are wound up by those posts.

Those are actually Andy Gray's words. :coffee:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 pm

yeah sorry, my mistake, first I wrote Andry Gray, then changed it to Martin Tyler.. I always confuse them because of FIFA lol

Still, is that your reply? Weak one..
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2