Rossonero23
Luca
S
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stevan Jovetic Empty Stevan Jovetic

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 am

According to Gazetta Dello Sport we have made an offer of 15m + Matri for Jovetic..But it seems Fiorentina want Quagliarella in return as Montella is huge fan of him..

Fiorentina are also reportedly interested in Padoin and Pazienza..

Sounds too good to be true..I did read somewhere a while back that Conte is a huge fan of Jovetic..Huge chances of this transfer happening hmm what do you think ?

He would also be teaming up with his NT mate if he came here.

I'll continue updating this thread when and once more updates on this transfer arrive.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Stevan Jovetic Empty Re: Stevan Jovetic

Post by Luca Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:12 am

It would be a fantastic signing.
Jovetic's idol is Mirko Vucinic, Mirko will get it done :bow:

I would rather keep Quagliarella though :coffee:

Fiorentina can have Matri, Padoin and Pazienza though, absolutely.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 am

jovetic would be assassinated if he joined juventus. lol.

so much for loving fiorentina. :coffee:
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 am

I am a huge fan of Jojo, I would be so happy if he ends up joining us. The only player I would give shirt #10. See it done Marotta bounce

Rossonero23 wrote:jovetic would be assassinated if he joined juventus. lol.

They said the same thing about Baggio :coffee:
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 am

Jovetic would be much much better than Van Persie and his wages would be much cheaper + he is 7 year younger. Marotta would be the best if he gets this done.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

I'd love to see jovetic in our shirt, and would be willing to give up quags for him. i don't think quags will ever regain his pre-injury form. i also still have faith in matri... make it happen marrotta!
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:45 am

davidsNC wrote:I'd love to see jovetic in our shirt, and would be willing to give up quags for him. i don't think quags will ever regain his pre-injury form. i also still have faith in matri... make it happen marrotta!

I agree..If we are serious about Jovetic i'm inclined to keeping a traditional centre forward in Matri.

Three SS's in Jovetic ,Giovinco,And Vucinic(who can also play CF) along with Two CF's in Matri and an additional CF(Destro perhaps).

Sounds good :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 am

Rossonero23 wrote:jovetic would be assassinated if he joined juventus. lol.

Fiorentina and Juventus dealings in the past 5 years or so.

2006 - Bojinov on loan from Fiorentina to Juve
2006 - Blasi on loan from Juve to Fiorentina
2006 - Mutu sold by Juve to Fiorentina for 8m eur
2007 - Balzaretti sold by Juve to Fiorentina for 3.8m eur
2008 - Almiron on loan for 500.000 from Juve to Fiorentina
2009 - Felipe Melo sold by Fiorentina to Juve for 25m eur
2009 - Cristiano Zanetti sold by Juve to Fiorentina for 2m eur
2009 - Marchionni sold by Juve to Fiorentina for 4.5m eur
2011 - Amauri sold by Juve to Fiorentina for 0.5m eur

Only two bigger transfers (Mutu and Melo) but lots of business done between the two clubs.

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:22 am

davidsNC wrote:I'd love to see jovetic in our shirt, and would be willing to give up quags for him. i don't think quags will ever regain his pre-injury form. i also still have faith in matri... make it happen marrotta!

Jumping the gun a bit...
Quags is class & he can regain his form...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 am

Cotes wrote:

Jumping the gun a bit...
Quags is class & he can regain his form...

Not really jumping the gun. Quagliarella hasn't shown many signs of regaining his form last season.

I prefer Matri.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

i honestly like quags, but he suffered a substantial injury in the later part of his career. i think him being on this squad is a luxury. if he were one of the stipulations (of another club) for a big move i.e. getting jovetic, i think we should do it. especially since his market value will plumet with each successive year.

remember, he had more chances than some, and his output in my opinion was ok to good.

as for matri, i know he didn't finish strong but he still scored some important goals totally ~10 goals. i simply believe he has a little more to give juve
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

I see that Tuttosport is mentioning the idea of Juve signing Pazzini and Joventic. What do people think of that idea? I kind of like it, but I would still prefer that we sell Matri or Quags and sign Destro as well so that we have some youth at CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 pm

I would rather Destro over Pazzini, but I'm not opposed to the idea

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Jovetic told to consider Juventus

Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic has been told by Dejan Savicevic to consider a move to Juventus this summer.

The Viola forward has been linked with the Italian champions and Savicevic, the President of the Montenegro FA, has told Tuttosport that he’d be a great signing for the Old Lady.

“Jovetic doesn’t need my help to decide his future and I don’t want to cause any controversy,” the former Milan star stated on Monday.

“However, he would be able to play for the Scudetto and in the Champions League at Juventus. Fiorentina can’t offer that at the moment.”

Juve are looking for a new centre-forward, but they could opt to unite the 22-year-old attacker with international colleague Mirko Vucinic.

“He forms a beautiful partnership with Vucinic in the national side,” Savicevic continued. “I would certainly be in favour of such a move.

“Jovetic can adapt as a centre-forward, he did it as a youngster and again in recent times, but it is not the best way to use him.

“He plays behind Vucinic in a 4-4-1-1 with Montenegro. Stevan has already proved that he is a great player, he just needs to stay fit and healthy.”

Jovetic, valued at around €30m, scored 14 goals in 27 League games for the Florence-based outfit in 2011-12.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I've heard absolutely glowing reports about Jovetic from many sources, but I can't say that I've watched him too closely myself. While I try to watch as many Juventus matches as my schedule allows the coverage of Serie A is more sparse where I am, making it difficult watch live matches across the league. Therefore, I have a few questions for those of us that have kept a closer eye on the player.

First of all, I have heard him linked to clubs as a solution in various attacking positions, including SS/CAM, wide forward, R/L AM and now as a line-leading striker. Versatility is something to be admired, but a second striker/wide forward isn't Juve's priority. Juve needs a star striker. Can someone tell me what Jovetic's best position is, and how you see him fitting in at Juve. Obviously, he is intended to fill the CF role, but what kind of CF will he be?

I guess my biggest concern is that is if he can be the main striker to lead the line for Juve. It's the same concern I would have if Suarez would sign (given my affection for Liverpool, I don't want him to move for other reason). From what I've heard, neither is a typical, line-leading striker. Suarez works better playing off of another striker. When he doesn't have other forwards to play off of he's not nearly as productive (evidenced by his use as a solitary forward this season). With Vucinic at Juve, they already have a SS/LW. Two second strikers doesn't always work well as a pairing, and I'm concerned this could be a problem should Jovetic come to Juve.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm

According to this report Fiorentina want 22m + Matri affraid

LINK
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Jovetic is a player in the mold Del Piero/Totti,he's got insane vision and superb close control with an eye for goal too..He is traditionally a support striker..

For his national team Montenegro,Jovetic plays as the SS and Vucinic as CF so expect something similar to happen at Juventus if he signs for us.

But i've seen him play as a CF for Fiorentina a no.of times ,last season though ,more of a false 9 role and cant say he did exceedingly well there though he often gets into good goalscoring positions,he's had his best goalscoring season last year.

Lets take Van Persie for example..Started out on the wings,then played off the main striker and then finally moved to the CF position.If he gets a goal return every season Jovetic could have a similar case perhaps,he's pretty well built too,i mean doesnt fall down like a diva,capable of holding off defenders.(These Balkan dudes are pretty strong you know Laughing)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29072/

Played mostly as a CF

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Luca wrote:http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29072/

Played mostly as a CF

Yeah, but I like what Savicevic says in the article above and the one I posted earlier about that. If we want to get the most out of him, he should be used behind a lead striker. He could be a good option for when we want to put Vucinic and Jovetic out there at once. He's a very interesting player that's for sure.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Juventude wrote:

Played mostly as a CF

Yeah, but I like what Savicevic says in the article above and the one I posted earlier about that. If we want to get the most out of him, he should be used behind a lead striker. He could be a good option for when we want to put Vucinic and Jovetic out there at once. He's a very interesting player that's for sure.

I agree, just saying he did some damage as a CF last season

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:18 pm

It completely depends on his roles. Not every CF is given the same duties. Dzeko and Jovetic are two completely different players. Both would do well but only if utilized the same way. What Savicevic says is that Jovetic isn't the kind of CF everybody think Juventus needs. A Suarez or Jovetic could be just as good IMO.
Vucinic and Jovetic plays together for Montenegro they can play in Juventus as well. It would be like having Jovetic in Napoli. A direct Cavani-Jovetic sub would be dumb as f.. as Jovetic isn't that kind of player. Having Cavani in barca would be dumb as well.. So.. It all depends on tactics as Jovetic will score his goals with his feet while Dzeko will with his head..

The bottom line in all of this is that we can't sign a CF as good as Jovetic is a SS. So signing the SS for the future now and waiting with he CF and adjusting the tactics is the better solution right now.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Played mostly as a CF

I agree, just saying he did some damage as a CF last season

Very true. He's another player that could add more layers of flexibility and diversity to our team. I would love to sign him depending on the price. I would rather he be our big signing at his age and proven Serie A experience than some of the names being floated, like Suarez. I still want Destro. Maybe we could just buy 50% of his interest if we have to move Matri or Quags in a Jovetic deal.

Maybe it's just my personal preference against Matri, but I think that 20m + Matri is actually not a bad deal. It would help if we could take a few million off that price.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Guy's Jovetic is one of those player's that started out as an SS or winger like Messi, RVP, Benzema, Ibra etc etc but eventually will become a CF long term.

He would be a great signing for your CF IMO and has tremendous movement and link up among other things so you dont have to worry about signing a striker who is lacking in the link up play department.

You could play Jovetic and Gio or Vucinic upfront in a 3-5-2 or all 3 in 4-3-3.

Would give you a lot of options.

Although due to amount of player's capable of playing SS i would keep Matri and offer money + Quags due to the fact you would have Jovetic, Gio, Vucinic and others who could play SS rather easily but not many who could play CF.

Matri still has a role to play for me, bigger than Quags does. ( unfortunately)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm

When not using the 3-5-2, we would be going for a 4-3-3

Even then if we did buy Jovetic and Pazzini/destro we have so many options. It's brilliant, the only problem will be keeping everybody happy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Guy's Jovetic is one of those player's that started out as an SS or winger like Messi, RVP, Benzema, Ibra etc etc but eventually will become a CF long term.

He would be a great signing for your CF IMO and has tremendous movement and link up among other things so you dont have to worry about signing a striker who is lacking in the link up play department.

You could play Jovetic and Gio or Vucinic upfront in a 3-5-2 or all 3 in 4-3-3.

Would give you a lot of options.

Although due to amount of player's capable of playing SS i would keep Matri and offer money + Quags due to the fact you would have Jovetic, Gio, Vucinic and others who could play SS rather easily but not many who could play CF.

Matri still has a role to play for me, bigger than Quags does. ( unfortunately)
Unforunately, I agree with the money plus Quags versus money plus Matri point. Including Quags in the deal makes it a like-for-like swap. THat way, Juve can keep Matri as a different tactical option. Given the choice between Matri and Quags, I would take Quags, as I believe Quags is the more dynamic striker. However, Quags and Jovetic would be almost too similar. The opposite would be true if Juve were to pursue Dzeko.

Thanks for the perspectives on Jovetic. It seems that the general concensus is that he has been used as a SS, but could develop into an RVP esque striker. In that case, I'm all for Juve buying him and playing him as their CF. I'm not sure, however, that I would be in favor of a tactical shift to put Vucinic as the main striker with Jovetic playing off of him. It would work in Conte's 3-5-2, but for the 4-3-3 (which I believe will feature prominently in European competition) I see Vucinic performing best as the LW. Then again, if you have Vucinic on the LW and Giovinco on the right, a CF capable of good linkup play (false9-esque player) could work very well.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next