Rossonero23
Luca
S
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stevan Jovetic - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevan Jovetic

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Guy's Jovetic is one of those player's that started out as an SS or winger like Messi, RVP, Benzema, Ibra etc etc but eventually will become a CF long term.

He would be a great signing for your CF IMO and has tremendous movement and link up among other things so you dont have to worry about signing a striker who is lacking in the link up play department.

You could play Jovetic and Gio or Vucinic upfront in a 3-5-2 or all 3 in 4-3-3.

Would give you a lot of options.

Although due to amount of player's capable of playing SS i would keep Matri and offer money + Quags due to the fact you would have Jovetic, Gio, Vucinic and others who could play SS rather easily but not many who could play CF.

Matri still has a role to play for me, bigger than Quags does. ( unfortunately)
Unforunately, I agree with the money plus Quags versus money plus Matri point. Including Quags in the deal makes it a like-for-like swap. THat way, Juve can keep Matri as a different tactical option. Given the choice between Matri and Quags, I would take Quags, as I believe Quags is the more dynamic striker. However, Quags and Jovetic would be almost too similar. The opposite would be true if Juve were to pursue Dzeko.

Thanks for the perspectives on Jovetic. It seems that the general concensus is that he has been used as a SS, but could develop into an RVP esque striker. In that case, I'm all for Juve buying him and playing him as their CF. I'm not sure, however, that I would be in favor of a tactical shift to put Vucinic as the main striker with Jovetic playing off of him. It would work in Conte's 3-5-2, but for the 4-3-3 (which I believe will feature prominently in European competition) I see Vucinic performing best as the LW. Then again, if you have Vucinic on the LW and Giovinco on the right, a CF capable of good linkup play (false9-esque player) could work very well.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Stevan Jovetic - Page 2 Empty Re: Stevan Jovetic

Post by S Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 am

Vucinic at the kit presentation: " Jovetic? I've heard, but I'm happy if he comes. " So Juve striker Mirko Vucinic, at the presentation of the new shirts of Juventus, said the hypothesis of an arrival in Turin Jovetic countryman. " For me it is a little brother, if you were to come would be very happy , "said Vucinic."

LINK
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2