McAgger
RealGunner
animal.crackers
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stevan Jovetic Empty Stevan Jovetic

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:31

As it's no open secret that it's pretty much a done deal, I came to ask about Jovetic as I don't watch Serie A that much. Everytime I have watched him, though, I was underwhelmed and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. He just looked decent technically, but not much else.

What new qualities will he bring to City?

I don't see him as an improvement over Nasri. Do you agree or disagree? If so, why?

Do you think he will be a starter?

Cheers! :-)
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Stevan Jovetic Empty Re: Stevan Jovetic

Post by RealGunner Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:34

He is a very intelligent forward with brilliant movement. Dribbling is his best attribute and the way he appreciates space is wonderful to watch. Very good finisher and his link up play is excellent at times.

Huge plus on Nasri. But i think Pellegrini will play him behind the main forward.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:36

Would he start ahead of a Dzeko if they choose to keep playing with two strikers?

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:36

Definite starter. Will light the PL on fire. Him and Aguero will rape defenses apart. Especially with Silva, Navas, Yaya and Fernandinho behind them.

City will win the title without a doubt in my mind. I'll take any bets.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:37

Watch this video. Should tell you a lot about him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:42

What about Negredo? Isn't he joining?

Maybe Negredo would be a better choice because Aguero could play a bit behind him. Jovetic behind Aguero doesn't make as much sense.

Plus with Navas he can cross to Negredo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:44

Yes, Negredo is also joining...Probably tomorrow. We fans believe that Dzeko is going to Dortmund (or somewhere) next season so now is a good time to get a striker with a better touch than Dzeko to already have a year with the team, instead of having to adapt next summer as a new signing.
Yohan Modric wrote:What about Negredo? Isn't he joining?

Maybe Negredo would be a better choice because Aguero could play a bit behind him. Jovetic behind Aguero doesn't make as much sense.

Plus with Navas he can cross to Negredo.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:46

I've seen that, and once again looks underwhelming and not very special and as if Nasri can do all of that. Especially since he will be reinvigorated by the excellent man-manager, Pellegrini.
RealGunner wrote:Watch this video. Should tell you a lot about him.

animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:47

Would Negredo be on the bench? I think only one of Jovetic/Negredo should join.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:48

Animal.Crack, Nasri can't hold a candle to JoJo. Once you actually see him play you'll know why he's rated so highly. He oozes elegance with his play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:52

I've been watching what I can of City's training sessions and stuff, Nasri doesn't seem to take it seriously.

On that note, Negredo for Dzeko is a huge step down. He's been by far the best player in training. Has better touch, is better in the air, better on the run, Negredo is maybe a slightly better hold up player.

Navas is probably very deceived, finally he rids himself of Negredo , until City buys him.

Pelle and Txiki :facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 3:55

McAgger wrote:Animal.Crack, Nasri can't hold a candle to JoJo. Once you actually see him play you'll know why he's rated so highly. He oozes elegance with his play.
I don't think think that's fair. Technically, Nasri is on the same pedestal as almost anyone. Also, at City he is not playing at his best position, the centre. Only thing about Nasri is that he makes too many safe passes sometimes, and not enough dribbles even though we know he has the ability.

Jovetic seems similar to me in those regards and he's not even as good at passing as Nasri.

Only thing that seems different is their mentality, but ever since Mancini left Nasri seems to have a candle lit up under his arse and is playing with more determination and guile.

Imo, an overrated waste of millions, but i would LOVE to be surprised.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 4:04

Negredo, would start some games, and be on the bench some games. It's a squad game, and Pellegrini wants two players for every position.

We can line up many different ways to account for form, injury, tiredness, etc:

Navas-Silva-Jovetic
------Aguero

Navas-Silva-Aguero
-----Negredo

Nasri--------Silva
---Negredo-Aguero

Those are just 3 of of the many possible lineups, but you get the idea.

Yohan Modric wrote:Would Negredo be on the bench? I think only one of Jovetic/Negredo should join.
--------

Those training videos only show you a few seconds out of hours. But you wouldn't be the first to question Nasri's mentality.

Dzeko has the worst first touch I've ever seen. Negredo certainly is better in that regard. Dzeko can trap the ball further than I can kick it and that's why many fans can't wait to see the back of him. Yes he gets the odd goal, but he probably kills way more goal scoring chances by breaking down attacks because of his awful touch.
Le Samourai wrote:I've been watching what I can of  City's training sessions and stuff, Nasri doesn't seem to take it seriously.

On that note, Negredo for Dzeko is a huge step down. He's been by far the best player in training. Has better touch, is better in the air, better on the run, Negredo is maybe a slightly better hold up player.

Navas is probably very deceived, finally he rids himself of Negredo , until City buys him.

Pelle and Txiki :facepalm:
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 4:35

Two important questions are, will he get as many touches of the ball as he gets in Fiorentina? He is that type of players that needs to feel the ball consistently over the 90 mins to stay in the game, he is not an Ibra kind of players where he can be out of the game for the best part of it and one touch is enough to make an impact with a goal or an assist.

Second question will he be free to change positions as he wishes during the game, thinking about it now it is very related to the first question.

If not I would say let him stay with Viola and let City save the money...
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 4:52

baresi wrote:Two important questions are, will he get as many touches of the ball as he gets in Fiorentina? He is that type of players that needs to feel the ball consistently over the 90 mins to stay in the game, he is not an Ibra kind of players where he can be out of the game for the best part of it and one touch is enough to make an impact with a goal or an assist.

Second question will he be free to change positions as he wishes during the game, thinking about it now it is very related to the first question.

Save the money? Anything under 30M is almost a steal for Jovetic considering his upside.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 4:56

City under Mancini and Pellegrini's teams play a very fluid system. Regarding the touches, the majority of teams we play will be pinned back in their own half the whole game with 40% possession. So yes, he will get plenty of touches and be allowed to roam.
baresi wrote:Two important questions are, will he get as many touches of the ball as he gets in Fiorentina? He is that type of players that needs to feel the ball consistently over the 90 mins to stay in the game, he is not an Ibra kind of players where he can be out of the game for the best part of it and one touch is enough to make an impact with a goal or an assist.

animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 5:17

But yes, what new qualities will Jo-Jo bring to City that we don't already have?
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 5:20

animal.crackers wrote:City under Mancini and Pellegrini's teams play a very fluid system. Regarding the touches, the majority of teams we play will be pinned back in their own half the whole game with 40% possession.

If so then he would wonders with City imo.

@3lite I am not saying he is not worth the money if City can get the best out of him. He has the talent and has a fair share of experience for his age, the question remains will City's playing style suit his playing style or not.

I don't think he is the player that you can limit his movement on the pitch and expect much of him, the ball should always be on his feet to get the best of him. To put it in a different way if he is not played the same way he is with Fiorentina then I don't think he will do well. With Viola he was tried in almost every position, before reaching to his current role.

What formation will City be playing next season..
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 5:22

animal.crackers wrote:But yes, what new qualities will Jo-Jo bring to City that we don't already have?
I seriously don't know what you currently have, but surely since Al-Jazeera has taken the BPL rights for the coming three seasons for the middle east and North Africa then a lot of new fans will be able to follow the league.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 5:23

baresi wrote:What formation will City be playing next season..
Pellegrini likes 433 variants such as 4231. Also 4222.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 5:30

I would say 4-2-3-1 would get the best out of him, much more than the 4-3-3, or the 4-2-2-2.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 10:32

Don't forget that he's a pretty good header. Reminds me very much of Ibra btw
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 15:01

Ok, I would like to ask jus twhat type of player Jovetic is? And just how good is he? Razz Since I dont watch SErie A much and especially teams apart from the other few. Similarly for example like Hamsik who I just dont get to watch often enough but the times I seen him in the poast season also, I udnerstand the reason for all the praises. But Jovetic I havent, and now that hes going to MAn C, of cos I would be interested to know Razz

Thanks in advance.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 20:20

BarcaLearning wrote:Ok, I would like to ask jus twhat type of player Jovetic is? And just how good is he? :PSince I dont watch SErie A much and especially teams apart from the other few. Similarly for example like Hamsik who I just dont get to watch often enough but the times I seen him in the poast season also, I udnerstand the reason for all the praises. But Jovetic I havent, and now that hes going to MAn C, of cos I would be interested to know Razz

Thanks in advance.

He is a ST and CF. Some people seem to think CF is his best natural position but he can play pretty much anywhere up front though he isn't as pacy as some wingers. The rap on him is that he has a history of bad knees but so far doesn't seem to be holding him back. He really keeps in shape and you won't ever hear him miss matches because of fitness.

As for as his game, he can do anything and everything. He's a 20 and 10 guy but he's been playing in the Serie A his entire career so we haven't seen those type of numbers but he is certainly more than capable of such numbers at City. Hopefully Pelli can get the best out of him.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 19 Jul 2013 - 20:38

BarcaLearning wrote:Ok, I would like to ask jus twhat type of player Jovetic is? And just how good is he? :PSince I dont watch SErie A much and especially teams apart from the other few. Similarly for example like Hamsik who I just dont get to watch often enough but the times I seen him in the poast season also, I udnerstand the reason for all the praises. But Jovetic I havent, and now that hes going to MAn C, of cos I would be interested to know Razz

Thanks in advance.

the closest thing that reminds to ADP in playing style in Italy Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down