Who is the most consistent top player in the world?

+26
DuringTheWar
Kev
fatman123
Zealous
Lord Hades
Harmonica
larisano
guest7
harhar11
jibers
The Sanchez
Kick
FennecFox7
billionmillion
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Die Borussen
RedOranje
Swanhends
_SuperFloren_
goonbrain
II Capitano
Le Samourai
Adit
Yeezus
BarrileteCosmico
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who is the most consistent top player in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the most consistent top player in the world?

Post by harhar11 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Se7en wrote:Ronaldo imo. Scoring against every team in La Liga is enough proof for me that he has been the most consistent this season.
Except that when he doesn't score his contribution is null and fans start asking for him to be sold. A consistent player will be good even if he doesn't score.

yes but the fact is he does score most of the times thus his high level of consistency.. btw it isnt entirely true that without scoring his return is null, specially this season. there have been so many matches where he may not have scored b ut has created chances , and has been very dangerous with his pace n long shots

Then how, as BC already explained, in most of the games where has not scored the real madrid fans wanted to sell him?

---

Easily Messi. This season Messi was Barca and he did a really admirable job carrying us throughout the season with all the setbaxka(injuries, poor form of other players). I generally dont care about stat, but that stat that showed that we would finish 6th without Messis goals/assist really shows how big of a one-man team we were and how consistent Messi was..

dude as you may have realized , madrid fans have always been very demanding and some of them are downright bufoons , changing their stance at every oppurtunity.. dont confuse them with the general fanbase please

Its not just the fans on this forum. The fans in spanish forum say the same thing. Heck there is a video on the fans at the santiago bernabeu after the 3-1 loss to barca and everyone wanted ronaldo out..

everyone? morel ike the immature babies who cant stand a loss without blaming 50 people. . he had one bad game and a couple of ordinary games in that period , i mean nobody is god you know , consistent doesnt mean that you never have a bad game ..

Thats true for EVERY teams in la liga or have you forgotten that after 2 games, everybody wanted Guardiola sacked on his first season? or how they wanted Xavi to be sold?

The difference between Ronaldo and Messi is that Messi has won over 99% of the barca fans with his performance in CL finals, Cup finals and league games. Even if he doesnt score a goal in games there is a BIG chance that Messi still has been the best player on the pitch, like in the 5-0 humiliation of Real Madrid. Messi didnt score, but he was the best player on the pitch or like in the 2-1 win against Real Madrid in the Spanish cup at the bernabeu. Messi didnt score while Ronaldo did, Messi was more impressive than Ronaldo (though on this case, Messi wasnt the best on the pitch). While you cant say the same thing for Ronaldo in games that he hasnt scored, hence why ALOT of Real Madrid fans wanted him out.

While Ronaldo is not a Huntelaar, Gomez or Higuain, his all around play isnt as consistent as a Messi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Özil, Xavi or even a Benzema. And because of that, the majority of the games that I have seen Ronaldo play, apart from the goals he has been very little involved in the game.

Last edited by harhar11 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who is the most consistent top player in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the most consistent top player in the world?

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Constant.

:bow:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:56 pm

paxtonpale wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:We have "sell ronaldo" threads because we are very harsh on our players. How about benzema, when we were debating whether to sell him? It has nothing to do with goals. He had a dip in form, and not only did his goals go, his overall play dipped too. It's not hard to understand.

The thing is we seem to think just because messi is the superior player, ronaldo is shit. It's fine that messi is better, because he is. But when you start comparing ronaldo to one-dimensional players like gomez and huntellar, you need a reality check.
Comment of the year... :coffee: Please tell me when people were comparing Gomez to Ronaldo...

Khaled Laughing I'm positive he said that

Not to mention apparently CR is worse then benz, ozil, and higuain. rofl

I like benzema and ozil almost as much as CR (benz even more then ozil for obvious reasons), so I'm not being biased at all
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Do you thing Ronaldo is better than them in open play , within the natural flow of the game?

Minus set pieces and stuff (obviously a skill and asset whatever) but just limit your analysis to what we do in open play, even in terms of consistency , I don't think he's better.You can say I'm biased but I watch all the games and when they get their touches they make things happen.

They may not show up on a stat sheet as much (In fact it's quite possible they actually do because to me Benz's stats seems almost inflated considering his role and Ozil is the best assister in Europe), but it's there.

Just an opinion.

Higuain is a different player, he's a streaky goalscorer...and does as little as Ronaldo does outside of that, but he's more efficent.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:18 pm

I think Ronaldo is better in open play than Huntelaar and Gomez. Imo Ronaldo's main thing is goalscoring, however he isn't a pure pure pure poacher.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 pm

To be clear, I wasn't referring to those two Laughing...Huntelaar especially, I think he has the best stats in Europe other than Messi yet everytime I watch him play I feel like shooting myself Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum