ErPupone
RedOranje
Rossonero23
Nishankly
McLewis
49 posters

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 4 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Sky say we're preparing a contract offer for Marquinhos, while Okaka is close to joining Spezia.

Azpilicueta has also been reportedly placed on the transfer market by Marseille, we've been linked with him in the past.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 4 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 am

The Messenger reports that Bruno Uvini has rejected a move to Shakhtar, leaving us in pole position to steal a march on him. It looks to that we'll either sign him or Marquinhos.

However, there are also reports from Mediaset that we're back in for Rolando.

---------------

Of all the names, Torosidis is the one we need to get. He's incredibly versatile and would be a huge asset for us on both flanks as well as in the middle.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am

Yes Torosidis would be an awesome pick up!! Really hoping we land him. Our defensive flanks would be extremely solid with him and Balzaretti!

As for Uvini...I'd rather let Romagnoli play than him, but I guess we could use the depth and he may turn out in the future.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 am

The hype on Uvini has been pretty much non-existent as far as I can tell. Didn't really play much at the Olympics so it's tough to get a good read on his game. He's capable of playing both CB & RB, but I hesitate to classify him as a truly versatile player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 am

Cmon, break the bank, buy a quality defender. Like Astori or Rhodolfo..
We dont need more of unproven greeks and young brazilians.. god..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 pm

How exactly is Torosidis unproven?

He has played at 2 euros and a World Cup. Definition of proven.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:46 pm

We can't sh** money.

At the end of the day, if this lack of investment at centerback means more playing time for Romagnoli, then I'm ok with that. At least he'll be getting valuable playing time and gaining experience, unlike guys Cassetti and Juan last season who, for one reason or another, were no longer contributing much to our present or future. But, seeing as how we only have Castan, Burdisso and Romagnoli right now, I would've held on to Antei as well. Either way, there's still a couple of weeks left in this transfer season, so we'll see where this goes.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Speaking of Castan, he's been given the #5 jersey last worn by Mexes and Heinze. Fully deserved based on what I've seen of him so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Im just worried that we dont have enough Italians in our squad. Astori would be fantastic. Americans came to Roma with big promises - now, when we need a solid CB, they must act.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:23 am

Honestly, it wouldn't suprise me one bit if we were in the top half again this year as far as goals conceded go (Only Parma, Novara, Lecce, Palermo, Inter, Genoa, Cesena got scored on more, Three of those teams didn't survive the drop).

We could have have T.Silva and still leak goals.

With Zemen, and his style of play I don't think a CB is a priority. Esp when DDR has shown he can play that position effectively under Enrique.

Unless Sabatini steals someone, I can't see a big name CB signing.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 pm

ive been watching torosidis my entire footballing life national and club

he is a decent defender and very good attacking wise, good link up, fast and his cross is amazing literally amazing with dat power curve aim

maybe im biased but i believe he will help you if so you get him, trust me Wink

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:41 am

^^Parma fan? Awesome.

I like Torosidis alot as a player. Would definitely be a good signing.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 am

Id prefer Italians.

Though, we are signing that 18 year old brazilians kid MArqi-u-in-ho-q-s?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 pm

We're not going to get quality Italian CBs for under 10m at this time in the transfer market. Just not happening.

I'm indifferent to the Marquinhos signing. Zeman rates him highly though so there's some solace.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 am

We all know Zeman's emphasis isn't on the defence he'll make do with what he has which I don't mind we have quality WB's,especially Balzaretti and Piris looked lively tonight against Aris didn't put a foot wrong.Also I think our midfield and attack are perfect in fact I would nearly say they are great that's how positive I am about the new season,first time in years I have felt this way.Just ask Neal,Mike or Matt lol
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 am

I think we allowed Aris players too much time on the ball at times. Must work on that..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:We all know Zeman's emphasis isn't on the defence he'll make do with what he has which I don't mind we have quality WB's,especially Balzaretti and Piris looked lively tonight against Aris didn't put a foot wrong.Also I think our midfield and attack are perfect in fact I would nearly say they are great that's how positive I am about the new season,first time in years I have felt this way.Just ask Neal,Mike or Matt lol

Yup, i don't remember you ever being this enthusiastic lol.

I am worried with our center back situation, even with the imminent arrival of Marquinhos, there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding 3 of our top 4 center backs, with the other (Burdisso) just coming back from a long spell out. I definitely see us finishing the season first or second in terms of goals scored, but bottom 10 in goals against.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am

Zemans idea is probably score two goals quicly, so that opposition loses motivation and that helps to keep our sheet clean. lol

Roma looking to sell Bojan? Whats that all about?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 am

Haven't seen much of Bojan since the American tour, where he played a starring role.

Zeman possibly has soured on him, but I think it's all BS currently unless either Zeman or Sabatini says otherwise.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Okaka to Spezia via Parma.

We've been linked to 24 year old Uruguayan keeper Mauro Goicoechea.

The Daily Mail is reporting that Tottenham are interested in Pjanic as a back up option to Joao Moutinho.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Leaving Roma for Tottenham :facepalm:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

15m is an enticing offer considering it'd be a profit on what we paid for him last season, but I don't like the move anyway.

Far too late in the window for us to find a suitable replacement, but it would mean increased time for one of Lucca or Florenzi. That's the upside at least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Pjanic's agent says that both the player and club rejected Tottenham, so I think that's the end of that.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Official: Roma sign Marquinhos
By Football Italia staff

It is now official that Roma have signed Corinthians defender Marquinhos on loan with an option to buy that is activated after eight games.

The deal was struck last week, but was only formalised this evening with a statement on the club website.

A.S. Roma have secured Marquinhos on a one-year loan worth €1.5m with an option to make the move permanent worth €3m.

The new details are that the clause is activated “at the player’s eighth presence in an official match, played for at least 45 minutes each.”

Marquinhos, full name Marcos Aoas Correa, only turned 18 in May and was captain of Brazil’s Under-17 side as well as a reserve for the Selecao’s Olympic team.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Reports are coming out that we're extremely close to signing Goicoechea, which means that Stekelenburg would be on his way out. I think this would be a huge mistake. I don't think our management is too keen on letting Stek go, but I don't think he feels entirely confident under Zeman.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Angelo Di Livio has stated that Stekelenburg still has shoulder problems and might have to be operated, meaning he'll have to spend 6 months on the sidelines. This would explain why we're looking to sign another keeper.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next