If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3?

+39
fatman123
VanDeezNuts
Donuts
vivabarca38
Zero
The Messiah
RED
Cassius
cyberman
sbaggio
Real Kandahar
elm_baraja_shaman
Doc
white_star
Ion Creanga
Swanhends
kiranr
Luca
II Capitano
Le Samourai
urbaNRoots
LeSwagg James
Onyx
McAgger
Abramovich
Potential
Die Borussen
NavJuve
7amood11
Mr. Moratti
CBarca
hrealmadrid
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
S
zizzle
REWB
jibers
juventus101
43 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3? - Page 5 Empty Re: If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3?

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 am

7amood11 wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Surag wrote:
Donuts wrote:Seria A was top 3-4 league 11/12 but as of today.. realistically it is lucky to be top 6, will probably still be competitive but.. yeah.

And why do you think so ?Because PSG went on a spending spree all of a sudden ?

I think you can still look up the league co-efficient table as a matter of fact.
Well make your list of top leagues, this is just my opinion, no need to get so hostile lol.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic. Italy still has loads of quality and has top teams such as Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Udinese, and Lazio.

You can't even compare Serie A to Ligue 1 because Serie A is miles ahead. Ligue 1 has only 1 good team, the rest are crap. Pretty much it.
Nah not being sarcastic and I'm not talking about Ligue 1, just leagues in general. If it wern't for Juventus honestly Seria A would be rather crappy, least Spain has two top teams instead of 1 you know what I mean?

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3? - Page 5 Empty Re: If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3?

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:44 am

Donuts wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Surag wrote:
Donuts wrote:Seria A was top 3-4 league 11/12 but as of today.. realistically it is lucky to be top 6, will probably still be competitive but.. yeah.

And why do you think so ?Because PSG went on a spending spree all of a sudden ?

I think you can still look up the league co-efficient table as a matter of fact.
Well make your list of top leagues, this is just my opinion, no need to get so hostile lol.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic. Italy still has loads of quality and has top teams such as Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Udinese, and Lazio.

You can't even compare Serie A to Ligue 1 because Serie A is miles ahead. Ligue 1 has only 1 good team, the rest are crap. Pretty much it.
Nah not being sarcastic and I'm not talking about Ligue 1, just leagues in general. If it wern't for Juventus honestly Seria A would be rather crappy, least Spain has two top teams instead of 1 you know what I mean?

Yeah but who knows how Milan might spend their money, they might surprise everyone next season and challenge for the title more than ever. Same goes for Inter, Roma, Napoli and Lazio (to an extent). They all have the quality to be top teams and challenge for the title next season.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 am

That's why I said as of today I don't consider Seria A that well off, that's a big if.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:55 am

The biggest problem with Serie A as of now is the 3 CL spots. How can they improve if only 2-3 teams play the CL every season? And even they don't have a realistic chance of winning the CL, which inturn could help their league gain coefficient points.

As of now, the trend for Serie A is down unless some Arab comes and invests in some of the teams there.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:More like Madrid, Barca, Chelsea

Bayern has surpassed Neverkusen these days in collecting silver

Says the Loserpools fan.....

I wasn't born since the last time a loser mentality club like yours won their league and do you know how many we've bank in...? I leave you to figure that out....

Don't get mad, it's ok... it's....you had this coming and of course when we were kicking Madrid ass for breakfast, where were you..?

Nowhere, absolutely no where..

Chelsea match was pure bad luck for us and good luck for them, doesn't not amount to the quality of the team. The whole world knowns we're better than Chelsea and along with your Boss of Bosses in England, Manchester Shitty. Unless of course you just want to lie to yourself, it's ok to do it, as long as it makes you happy, most liverpool fans lie to themselve anyways, no big deal, you're not the first.

I can't even look at you right now, you should hide your face and prepare yourself for relegation battle next season, while you will watch us get to cpl final again and win 45million on the process and we haven't even spent all that money and yet we've acquired Mandzukic, Shaqiri, Dante, players that Liverpool can only dream off.

As long as we kick you out, along with Barca, I'm happy.

As long as we show the world, that Blatter and Barca are related, I'll be happy.

and don't forget the fact that if wasn't for Uefalona factor and the Money Barca pay Blatter and his minions and raise for Uefa, you would not have won the cpl 2009, you wouldn't have won as well against Milan if Uefa and Blatter minion (plantini) allowed a fair match.

I've seen Barca getting to the final on 2 occasion through, cheating, diving and play acting and of course it's really surprising that even with such help, with penalties, freekicks, Ref killing the redeems of other teams flow, still you guys stands no chance against Madrid, it's a shame really.

If Juve get a top striker, could we compete with the Top 3? - Page 5 You_mad_gif
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:40 pm

tuddor wrote:
jibers wrote:Juve fans are having delusions of grandeur atm. Serie is a shite league. Even Milans vp is saying it can no longer accept big players Laughing United vs Barcelona is the most dominant performance? Are you kdding me? Milan demolishing Barcelona 4-0. Ajax demolsihing inter 2-0 with Inter leaving their half like twice. Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt the greatest performance in european cup history. Milan vs Steaua București 4-0. I could go on but you clearly started watching football post 08. You are the most biased and clueless fan here.

Serie a is shit atm? Yeah, maybe... but this means epl is shit to.. Few examples: Napoli beat city(which you are not able to), Ac milan beat arsenal, Italy beat England (with players from their own league)... I'm not saying serie a is better, but it's not a big difference between the two leagues.

i didn't say it was the highest score difference in final..
but when attempts on target: 11-1, posession: 63% barcelona, and corners: 6-0... that final utd looked like a sparring partner for barcelona

not to mention last year's ucl when you were not able to go through from a grop with Otelul Galati, Basel and benfica.

because the PL is just loaded with English players who are fighting tooth and nail for a spot in the England camp Laughing
ffs Stewert Downing made the England squad, need i say more about their "quality"?

great, Napoli beat City, but as soon as Napoli played an inferior team with some CL experience and a decent coach they got romped 4-1, thats great advertisment about the supposed "strength" of Serie A

you mean the same CL where an ENGLISH team WON the whole tournament, while the oh-so-mighty juventus failed to qualify for the EL and struggled to hold off a Milan team who were playing in the CL? dont make me a laugh

face it, PL>Seire A by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 pm

7amood11 wrote:Yeah but who knows how Milan might spend their money, they might surprise everyone next season and challenge for the title more than ever. Same goes for Inter, Roma, Napoli and Lazio (to an extent). They all have the quality to be top teams and challenge for the title next season.

lololololololololollololololol Serie A has become a feader league ffs, Udinese are a feeder club, Milan are a feeder club, Napoli are a feeder club and god knows whats happened at Inter, the only team not to become a feeder club is Jube and this they will run away with the league

honestly Serie A is becoming a glorified SPL, Celtic=Juve
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

tuddor wrote:
jibers wrote:Juve fans are having delusions of grandeur atm. Serie is a shite league. Even Milans vp is saying it can no longer accept big players Laughing United vs Barcelona is the most dominant performance? Are you kdding me? Milan demolishing Barcelona 4-0. Ajax demolsihing inter 2-0 with Inter leaving their half like twice. Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt the greatest performance in european cup history. Milan vs Steaua București 4-0. I could go on but you clearly started watching football post 08. You are the most biased and clueless fan here.

Serie a is shit atm? Yeah, maybe... but this means epl is shit to.. Few examples: Napoli beat city(which you are not able to), Ac milan beat arsenal, Italy beat England (with players from their own league)... I'm not saying serie a is better, but it's not a big difference between the two leagues.

i didn't say it was the highest score difference in final..
but when attempts on target: 11-1, posession: 63% barcelona, and corners: 6-0... that final utd looked like a sparring partner for barcelona

not to mention last year's ucl when you were not able to go through from a grop with Otelul Galati, Basel and benfica.

Look at league coeffecients ffs. Your league is a joke. Even on our worst season in the EPL for almost a decade An english team still reached the final. Since 2004 there has been an english team in every cl final bar 1 which was 09/10. So please, don't compare our leagues ever! Serie A will probably lose the 4th coeffecient spot. The last time United facedd inter we beat them, your league champs, we faced Milan and it was a humiliation ffs. Even your almighty Juve that reached the cl final in 03, we topped the cl group ahead of you at the start of the season ffs. Your team won the weakest league. City have no cl experience, like Dortmund and they beat us on GD despite injuries to our main defender. One bad season in the cl doesnt make us a shite team just like you have been non existent in the dcl and had the luxury of competing on just 2 fronts while a depleted Milan played on 3 and you barely beat them ffs!

Whether we got dominated or not we still reached the cl final, something your club cannot even remmeebr, there is a reason we are still ranked the second best club in Europe under the coeffecirnts. Thank God one season is not the judge of quality! I suppose us beating city in he FA cup doesn't count eh...

Feeders gonna feed! Laughing

Face it your league is small time.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

jibers wrote:Look at league coeffecients ffs. Your league is a joke. Even on our worst season in the EPL for almost a decade An english team still reached the final. Since 2004 there has been an english team in every cl final bar 1 which was 09/10. So please, don't compare our leagues ever! Serie A will probably lose the 4th coeffecient spot. The last time United facedd inter we beat them, your league champs, we faced Milan and it was a humiliation ffs. Even your almighty Juve that reached the cl final in 03, we topped the cl group ahead of you at the start of the season ffs. Your team won the weakest league. City have no cl experience, like Dortmund and they beat us on GD despite injuries to our main defender. One bad season in the cl doesnt make us a shite team just like you have been non existent in the dcl and had the luxury of competing on just 2 fronts while a depleted Milan played on 3 and you barely beat them ffs!

the funny thing is that is actualy true, the way things stand at the moment, the Portugese league is closer to Serie A then Serie A is to the Bundisliga
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:isnt this a juve thread?

anyways to answer the question absolutely- but with a catch. a top drawer striker would be the first step but what juve and any team needs to challenge the top 3 is depth.

juve are quite thin imo. as far as depth goes.

Actually Juventus has quite fantastic depth in most areas.
Especially if Armero is signed, the team could look something like:

SS: Vucinic/Giovinco
ST: New Signing/Quagliarella/Matri
RWB/RB: Lichtsteiner/Isla/Caceres
RW: Pepe/Giacch/Isla
CM: Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal/Marrone/Asamoah/Padoin/(young players like Pogba)
LWB/LB: New signing/PDC/Chiellini
LW: Pepe/Giaccherini/Vucinic*/Giovinco* (in a 4-3-3)
CB: Chiellini/Barzagli/Lucio/Bonucci/Caceres

So, really, it's not that bad. The only problem being that there is no natural replacement for Pirlo on the bench, no deep lying playmaker to step in.
Next problem being LWB/LB, PDC is very injury prone, Chiellini is in his prime and should exclusively be a CB.

The attack is thin, but Juventus doesn't win games based on their attack anyways. It's the midfield and defense, which is stacked quite nicely- especially with the youth options to consider.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

fatman123 wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Yeah but who knows how Milan might spend their money, they might surprise everyone next season and challenge for the title more than ever. Same goes for Inter, Roma, Napoli and Lazio (to an extent). They all have the quality to be top teams and challenge for the title next season.

lololololololololollololololol Serie A has become a feader league ffs, Udinese are a feeder club, Milan are a feeder club, Napoli are a feeder club and god knows whats happened at Inter, the only team not to become a feeder club is Jube and this they will run away with the league

honestly Serie A is becoming a glorified SPL, Celtic=Juve

Stopped reading right there. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:30 am

Cut the nonsense or this goes to the right back section.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:08 am

The Messiah wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Clearly showed...

Look, just because Mou is a coward and doen't like playing football with that much on the line doesn't mean that a loss on penalties means Bayern is infinitely superior to us.

You were better over both legs, but don't blow it out of proportion, especially considering the way we approached the game.

The best team in the world needs to win something, not get raped and pillaged by a team that sells it's best player at the end of every season.

for God sake Madrid should get over themselves.

it's seriously annoying.

The match against Chelsea, we completely out-played them, they had one shot on target and scored, pure bad luck.

But against Real Madrid, we completely out-played them home and away, if it wasnt for Gomez and Robben missing clear chances, they could have conceded probably 4 goals in Germany and 4 more in Spain.

Madrid stands no chance against us, so get a grip and move on.

dosent really matter does it? Laughing. So Bayern managed to dominate over us, but thats what half of la liga teams did this year. Fact is we just overscore them thats all, we lost due to poor finishing in penalties, so dont lecture about luck here.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 am

dostoevsky wrote:Cut the nonsense or this goes to the right back section.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:55 pm

dosent really matter does it? Laughing. So Bayern managed to dominate over us, but thats what half of la liga teams did this year. Fact is we just overscore them thats all, we lost due to poor finishing in penalties, so dont lecture about luck here.

Bullshit. Bayern had more chances and blew more chances. In fact, if Robben and Gomez were more clinical, Bayern wouldve scored atleast 4 goals in each game. Bayern showed they were noticeably better than Madrid, stop making excuses.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Right back section it is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:52 pm

juventus101 wrote:

Bullshit. Bayern had more chances and blew more chances. In fact, if Robben and Gomez were more clinical, Bayern wouldve scored atleast 4 goals in each game. Bayern showed they were noticeably better than Madrid, stop making excuses.
Im not buying that Laughing. Oh and if Coentrao didint give away that cheap penalty, there would have not been any penalty kickoffs. Works both ways, mate.
The biggest issue with Madrid was that we didint have a chance to rest our best XI since we had a game with barca, which would have been ultimately been a game for title. While bayern fielded their bench against (Hamburg?), even tho bundi was granted to Dortmund on March Laughing. Stop hyping Bayern here, their not even the best in their own country Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:03 pm

You dont have to buy it. You just need to have watxhed the game. And i did. Bayern outplayed Madrid both home and away. And if Coentrao didnt give that penalty, Robben had another one that shouldve been called by wasnt. So try again. The only team that can even be argued to be better than Bayern is Barca, and that will be a never ending debate until they face off. Bayern showed theyre definitely better than Madrid, no question.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:31 pm

juventus101 wrote:You dont have to buy it. You just need to have watxhed the game. And i did. Bayern outplayed Madrid both home and away. And if Coentrao didnt give that penalty, Robben had another one that shouldve been called by wasnt. So try again. The only team that can even be argued to be better than Bayern is Barca, and that will be a never ending debate until they face off. Bayern showed theyre definitely better than Madrid, no question.

Why mad? Serie a is a retirement home. You mad?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:59 pm

juventus101 wrote:You dont have to buy it. You just need to have watxhed the game. And i did. Bayern outplayed Madrid both home and away. And if Coentrao didnt give that penalty, Robben had another one that shouldve been called by wasnt. So try again. The only team that can even be argued to be better than Bayern is Barca, and that will be a never ending debate until they face off. Bayern showed theyre definitely better than Madrid, no question.
Like I said before dominating Madrid dosent mean jackshit, we relay on outscoring opps, not controlling a game, but I wont deny the fact that it does play imortant role nevertheless.
Robbens penalty called off? Was the before or after he dived to win himself a pen? Laughing.
Oh and if Dortmund has been dominant over Bayern for 2 years ago, so where do you put em on the pedestal? Fully capable of defeating Madrid and challenging Barcelona? Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 pm

jibers, you mad bro? when basel and napoli beat your top teams in UCL you don't have to be super cocky..
EPL is great, i like manchester united for their mentality.. But you should be more realistic... We'll see what happens this season, and than we can judge!
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Antonio Conte has pledged Juventus “want to return to the top of Europe and even the world” after their Scudetto success.

The Bianconeri had been without silverware since the Calciopoli scandal, but finished the campaign unbeaten and qualified for the Champions League.

“The enthusiasm around us is what pushes us to achieve great things,” the Coach told fans at the Chatillon training camp.

“Last season we got back to the top of Italian football, this term we want to return to the top of Europe – and even the world.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 pm

tuddor wrote:jibers, you mad bro? when basel and napoli beat your top teams in UCL you don't have to be super cocky..
EPL is great, i like manchester united for their mentality.. But you should be more realistic... We'll see what happens this season, and than we can judge!

LOL after years of stupid success I can deal with a season of failure. Juve have have suffered lol. We were in the cl final in 08, 09 and 11. We are taking a break :coffee:

Napoli beat our top team yet An EPL team won it. You mad?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm

i really love the fact that chelsea won over the spanish teams last year... we shouldn't forget bayern, who performed great as well... i'm really ok if an epl team wons it again, you got me wrong.. i prefer man united to win it than barcelona for example, but i belive that spanish (we saw on euro too) took this game to another level(the medical staff has a big involvement to in their success)..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5