He's arguably been our best player thus far this season

Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Oscar  - Page 19 Empty Re: Oscar

Post by lszanto Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 am

Soul wrote:He's arguably been our best player thus far this season
Yeah i'd agree, even in games when the team has generally been poor he's been solid.

I find he's much more willing to take people on now and with his dribbling it's a pleasure to see.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:02 am

The only thing that I don't like about it, He's been our best player, yes, but he hasn't been as good as Mata has these past two years.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 am

Kick wrote:The only thing that I don't like about it, He's been our best player, yes, but he hasn't been as good as Mata has these past two years.
He's younger though and in 1-2 seasons will be better than Mata imo, he just has more to offer and is still getting better.

Also it's not really his fault that Mourinho took a liking to him over Mata, it was good to have them both in the side last night, a few linkups were so nice to watch.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

Its a shame neither Mata or Oscar can play as effectively on the wing as they can at no.10
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:15 am

lszanto wrote:
Kick wrote:The only thing that I don't like about it, He's been our best player, yes, but he hasn't been as good as Mata has these past two years.
He's younger though and in 1-2 seasons will be better than Mata imo, he just has more to offer and is still getting better.

Also it's not really his fault that Mourinho took a liking to him over Mata, it was good to have them both in the side last night, a few linkups were so nice to watch.
I am not sold on the whole 'Oscar will become better than Mata' thing. I don't know if he can become that good.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 am

Kick wrote:
lszanto wrote:

I am not sold on the whole 'Oscar will become better than Mata' thing. I don't know if he can become that good.
Really?

I think Oscar will easily be better than Mata, his intelligence, movement, first touch and many areas of his game are just beautiful. I think the biggest thing he struggles with at the moment is consistency, i.e his miss last night after turning his man like a tap.

I by no means dislike Mata but I just think Oscar has all the tools to be that and more.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:50 am

lszanto wrote:
Kick wrote:
lszanto wrote:He's younger though and in 1-2 seasons will be better than Mata imo, he just has more to offer and is still getting better.

Really?

I think Oscar will easily be better than Mata, his intelligence, movement, first touch and many areas of his game are just beautiful. I think the biggest thing he struggles with at the moment is consistency, i.e his miss last night after turning his man like a tap.

I by no means dislike Mata but I just think Oscar has all the tools to be that and more.
I think Mata really reached a fantastic level last season, it was beautiful to watch at times, I am just not 100% sure Oscar can reach that with us or at all. While he is improving in leaps and bounds, I don't know if he'll ever be able to be that players, it's just a hunch, I really hope I am rock and I think no matter what, we've got a fantastic player on our hands.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazilian Magic Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm sure if MOU played mata as much as oscar,mata would have the better image right now.
Brazilian Magic
Brazilian Magic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:48 am

Well this argument of mata vs Oscar will probably be put to rest once the World Cup starts and see how Oscar orchestrates Brazil, we saw that this summer but he will be better next summer. Just wish mata will get a greater role in the Spanish team
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 am

Uncanny wrote:Well this argument of mata vs Oscar will probably be put to rest once the World Cup starts and see how Oscar orchestrates Brazil, we saw that this summer but he will be better next summer.  Just wish mata will get a greater role in the Spanish team
No it won't, Oscar has been starting for the NT for ages and Mata is still the better player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 am

Even Ganso(where are you, mate) who would support any Brazilian player to death on this forum would agree Mata is the better player right now.

Really good player, Oscar. But he's no Mata right now.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah, right now Mata> Oscar for sure. Mata is always superb against us. I remember watching MOTD and they were talking about Mata scoring 2 goals against Spurs, in the same fixture last season. Then, this week, about a goal against Norwich, in a previous fixture. And I was thinking to myself, is there like a team that Mata doesn't play well against? Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 am

I'd say QPR for some odd reason lol. But then again all our players play like shit against QPR Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Even Ganso(where are you, mate) who would support any Brazilian player to death on this forum would agree Mata is the better player right now.

Really good player, Oscar. But he's no Mata right now.
Yeah, of course Mata is better.At least for now because if Mata gets stuck in the situation he is in atm then i might disagree, specially after the WC.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 am

Kick wrote:
Uncanny wrote:Well this argument of mata vs Oscar will probably be put to rest once the World Cup starts and see how Oscar orchestrates Brazil, we saw that this summer but he will be better next summer.  Just wish mata will get a greater role in the Spanish team
No it won't, Oscar has been starting for the NT for ages and Mata is still the better player.
I didn't say Oscar was better than mata, but I can see Oscar become better after the World Cup. I love mata and he's been our best player these past two years, but this has been said before that Oscar can potentially become greater given his presence in his NT.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Uncanny wrote:
Kick wrote:
I didn't say Oscar was better than mata, but I can see Oscar become better after the World Cup.  I love mata and he's been our best player these past two years, but this has been said before that Oscar can potentially become greater given his presence in his NT.
What I am saying is that it's no different to any other international match, the WC won't make Oscar a better player that quickly, over the next few seasons he might become better but next year? No, Mata will still be better.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Oscar  - Page 19 1379588_707157652641986_1982979159_n
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Both in my fantasy team Proud

I hope they both score :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:01 am

Some interesting stats there, by that, you'd assume Oscar was the better CM.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:23 am

Interesting indeed. IIRC correctly, Ramires is our midfielder with highest rate of success in BOTH passing and tackling this season. Can't remember which site to source this from though lol
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:29 am

Chelsea star Oscar reveals José Mourinho wanted to sign him for Real Madrid:
Brazilian playmaker Oscar says José Mourinho wanted to sign him for Los Blancos a month before he eventually moved to Chelsea in 2012
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9030452/transfer-news-real-madrid-looked-at-oscar-prior-to-chelsea-switch

"A month before signing for Chelsea I was very close to doing so with Real Madrid as Mourinho said he wanted me."

"They came to watch me in the game against Denmark."

"Before the games there were talks with Madrid, but they had the playmaker position well covered. After the games, I signed for Chelsea."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:34 am

And boy did he make the right choice Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Oscar  - Page 19 Tumblr_myqif6IACF1roo69ho1_1280

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:01 pm

I really believe that Oscar is going to be the best CAM in the world under Mou, the best is yet to come.

He is also not competing with Mata anymore for his preferred position.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Blue wrote:I really believe that Oscar is going to be the best CAM in the world under Mou, the best is yet to come.

He is also not competing with Mata anymore for his preferred position.

Fighting with Ozil and Gotze for that status.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next