windkick
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
57 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by Le Samourai 2/8/2012, 18:08

The Franchise wrote:I do admit though, with the ball, he is decent. Can get out of situations pretty well, that part of his game is Busquets like.

The main difference between him and Busquets is he fouls a bit more and he'll get a little tackle happy, other than that I'd call him a poor mans Busquets.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 2/8/2012, 20:52

RedOranje wrote:The game is a Europa League game, and he's out with an injury concern.
Is it likelier he's not at all in the list because of an "injury concern" or because his price would half if he played European football?

A man can dream Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça 2/8/2012, 21:51

Agger is definitely on the block after being left out by Liverpool to avoid him becoming cup tied...Wonder if Barcelona is actually interested in him
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov 2/8/2012, 22:03

FCBarça wrote:Agger is definitely on the block after being left out by Liverpool to avoid him becoming cup tied...Wonder if Barcelona is actually interested in him

If Barca is interested at all, Com'on in Agger,this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Meanwhile Liverpool are somewhere in the middle of nowhere playing to qualify for the Europa League :facepalm:

But If its true city are also interested, i say we have no chance of getting him No

On a different note Alba has been given 5 days holiday ONLY!!!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 2/8/2012, 22:12

The Europa qualifier would not have cup tied him. Swing and a miss.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 2/8/2012, 22:14

Are you sure about that? Some newspaper articles are reporting that it would.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 2/8/2012, 22:15

It wouldn't have. That was clarified with the Carroll rumours, as he could have played and still joined Newcastle and played.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 2/8/2012, 22:21

Does it apply in Europe, too?

Oh yes. Had Samir Nasri played for Arsenal against Udinese, that would have been it for him in Europe this season. He would even have been ineligible for the Europa League, should that be City’s fate at the end of their Champions League group games.

However, should Luka Modric play for Spurs against Hearts tonight and then move to Chelsea, he would still be eligible for the knockout stages of the Champions League. Why? While Arsenal and City played in the same competition, to begin with at least, Spurs and Chelsea didn’t.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029721/Everything-need-know-cup-tied.html#ixzz22QEUACse

The wording of that makes me think that in the event Agger plays in the europa league he would not be eligible for the group champions league games.

Edit: this source also seems to confirm that http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/263283-explained-eligibility-of-cup-tied-players-in-uefa-competitions/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 2/8/2012, 23:31

gondov wrote:

On a different note Alba has been given 5 days holiday ONLY!!!!

Well whos fault would that be lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 2/8/2012, 23:51

As far as I remember, the old UEFA Cup would cup-tie the player for the rest of the season making him ineligible to play for another team in any European competition (i.e. UEFA Cup/Champions League). Unless they have changed the rules for Europa League, that will be the case.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 3/8/2012, 00:09

danyjr wrote:As far as I remember, the old UEFA Cup would cup-tie the player for the rest of the season making him ineligible to play for another team in any European competition (i.e. UEFA Cup/Champions League). Unless they have changed the rules for Europa League, that will be the case.

The rules have changed since then, mate.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 3/8/2012, 02:13

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 32 (round of 16 for UEFA Champions League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.18 to 18.21 below. A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulations.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/62/69/60/1626960_DOWNLOAD.pdf

There you go Red, the only scenario in which Agger could play for both us and Liverpool in the respective european competition is if Liverpool don't qualify for the Europa league group stages.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 3/8/2012, 03:39

Doesn't matter in any case, as Rodgers has basically ruled out a sale.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 4/8/2012, 00:16

Agger picture as a kid wearing a Barca kit mysteriously makes it way to the press

Transfer Rumors  - Page 13 1343980200525
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez 4/8/2012, 10:22

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Agger picture as a kid wearing a Barca kit mysteriously makes it way to the press

Transfer Rumors  - Page 13 1343980200525

Red's reaction... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 4/8/2012, 10:39

My reaction is neutral. That picture has been on the internet for months if not years.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez 5/8/2012, 05:28

RedOranje wrote:My reaction is neutral. That picture has been on the internet for months if not years.
RedOranje wrote:My reaction is neutral. That picture has been on the internet for months if not years.
A reason why he could come to the club. Has he said anything lately to the media about this issue at all?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 5/8/2012, 06:48

The last thing Agger himself has said was that he was happy at Liverpool and would be open to discussions on a new contract or extension, but that it wasn't a big deal currently as he has two years left to run on his current one. That was at the end of June.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca 5/8/2012, 06:56

I doubt that picture has any real significance. Someone else said in a different thread that that is a picture of him when Laudrup was in Barca. Him being Danish, he would obviously like Barca if Laudrup played there.

Either way, that was a long time ago, Agger hasn't voiced any discontent at being at Liverpool and this picture seems to be a typical thing for the media to do to stir up some rumors. I don't really see anything significant in the picture that would suggest a move.

Although I would love it if he did come to Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez 5/8/2012, 08:08

Pretty much, Agger doesn't start for some of the preseason games without any case of injury, next thing we know is that more rumours are flirting around about a possible move to Barca! A photo of him wearing a Barca jersey and more rumours... Just hype and to annoy Red as well... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 5/8/2012, 08:42

The thing is, most on this forum have never seen me angry or upset, so mistake what really is just neutral/factual posting as something it's not.

I'm not bothered by Agger being linked with Barca. I don't believe he's interested in leaving and I don't believe the club are interested in selling him. It's a story that's been printed basically every window since he joined up with Liverpool, and is as likely as not just lazy journalism. Even if it does happen, it will mean we get a hefty fee, one that could most likely be used to get a replacement (Howedes, or similar) and I'd rather see Agger end up with a club like Barca than Manchester City. And honestly, anything over 20m (we've already turned down several bids just below that) for a defender who's played less than half the available games over the past 3 years is a pretty damn good deal.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca 5/8/2012, 08:53

That's actually a really good point, about how injury prone he is. Makes me really think twice about if I would want him here, would be awful to have a backup/competition for starting place player be injured half the time after you buy him for 20+ million euros. That hardly fixes the problem. As a player I've always liked Agger though, given he came here at a good price and managed to stay injury free (wishful thinking) then I would be ecstatic.

And I'd like to see Red mad, just once. The vocabulary in his insults or anger-induced responses would be insane Twisted Evil

So it's August 5th and we haven't made any real headway on a CB. Anybody feel like we're going to end up relying purely on youth this season in the back line? :facepalm:

I guess Rosell does keep his deals quiet, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain 5/8/2012, 10:16

On one hand this Rosell keeping things on the downlow is kind of nice, but at the same time I would've liked it if we had an idea of what is going on behind that thick curtain of his by now. When will this transferwindow close again anyways?
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr 5/8/2012, 10:20

31st August
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje 5/8/2012, 12:21

Honestly, I tend to get more quiet, terse, and polite as I get more angry over something. So it's not when I'm cursing that you should be concerned.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico 5/8/2012, 15:01

We should have signed a CB for now. Zubi's one-mindedness with Javi until recently means that we our new CB won't participate that much in the pre-season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next