windkick
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
57 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by Madvillain Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:06 pm

EMD: Operation Song, in progress – Barça is confident about closing the signing next week

At this point I'd almost wish I was Andy García. Would've advised Tito to back the hell off on this deal. bounce

Transfer Rumors  - Page 16 Andygarcia

Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38 pm

danyjr wrote:I don't know why this Agger argument is still going on. He's an overrated player who spends half of his life in the physio recovering from injuries. To me he is worth peanuts. Why any team would want to risk so much money for him is beyond my understanding.

Regarding Barça, respect but also lucky for them they have a wonderful youth system because they have been terrible when it comes to transfers. The names that keep being linked with them have been nothing but :facepalm:

Oh God, Overrated? Bitch please... :coffee: Agger imo was in the top 5 best central defenders in Europe last season. He definately has class and hardly makes mistakes... His price may be overpriced though he definately is not overrated...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Can someone tell me why Agger is so good? Especially the person who claims he was top 5 last season - among Terry, Lescott, Koscielny, Hummels, Vermalaen, Pepe, Kompany, Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Yanga-Mbiwa and the rest.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Yanga Mbiwa plays in France and hasnt ever played in the CL, lets chill out with his name. Same goes for Barzagli.

Hummels got raped in the Euro's and embrassed himself previously for Germany and didnt do well in the CL either.

Lescott is decent, but nothing more.

Terry is living off his past rep, anything which isnt a deepline he gets tortured.

Vermalen, Pepe and Koscienly all to my mind made more mistakes last season than Agger. Not to say Agger is clearly better than any of them, but he is certaintly in the conversation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Can anyone explain Songs role in Barcelona if this deal would have come through. Just for depth and a casual amount of game time imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Would play backup CB and the Keita role (come in after scoring to enforce possession when lacking a physical presence), I would assume.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:33 pm

So his accomplished the position of CB but is naturally a midfielder? or is it vice-versa. Seems a good signing to me tbh.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:53 am

Nameless wrote:So his accomplished the position of CB but is naturally a midfielder? or is it vice-versa. Seems a good signing to me tbh.

:facepalm: You got to be kidding me... :facepalm: Though I rather him than bloody Martinez for 40m...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 am

danyjr wrote:Can someone tell me why Agger is so good? Especially the person who claims he was top 5 last season - among Terry, Lescott, Koscielny, Hummels, Vermalaen, Pepe, Kompany, Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Yanga-Mbiwa and the rest.

Yanga-Mbiwa and Barzagli have never impressed me and well they havent got CL experience. Thiago Silva was literally injuried for the most of the season. Kosc has made more mistakes than Luiz for the past two or three years that literally have costed Arsenal games. Vermaelan was partly injuried and also was playing at left back last season and never really hit the heights... Hummels didn't perform to expectation in Euros (Agger did).
1. Komapny
2. Terry
3. Pepe
4. Lescott
5. Agger
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 am

The Sanchez wrote:
danyjr wrote:Can someone tell me why Agger is so good? Especially the person who claims he was top 5 last season - among Terry, Lescott, Koscielny, Hummels, Vermalaen, Pepe, Kompany, Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Yanga-Mbiwa and the rest.

Yanga-Mbiwa and Barzagli have never impressed me and well they havent got CL experience. Thiago Silva was literally injuried for the most of the season. Kosc has made more mistakes than Luiz for the past two or three years that literally have costed Arsenal games. Vermaelan was partly injuried and also was playing at left back last season and never really hit the heights... Hummels didn't perform to expectation in Euros (Agger did).
1. Komapny
2. Terry (silva)
3. Pepe
4. Lescott
5. Agger (ramos)

:coffee:

Kos has been outstanding this past season, it was quite obvious he was just adjusting to the PL.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

1. Komapny
2. Terry (silva)
3. Pepe
4. Lescott
5. Agger (ramos)

:coffee:

Kos has been outstanding this past season, it was quite obvious he was just adjusting to the PL.

imo, too many mistakes... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Nameless wrote:So his accomplished the position of CB but is naturally a midfielder? or is it vice-versa. Seems a good signing to me tbh.

:facepalm: You got to be kidding me... :facepalm: Though I rather him than bloody Martinez for 40m...
Did I say anything wrong????????
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the Song deal will happen. Song has come out and pretty much confirmed the club's are negotiating by his comments.

Rumours are we've bid 15m, but they want 20m. I expect there to be a settled price somewhere in between.

Hmm.. :brickwall:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Before, we got good players like Maradona, Ronaldo, but had shitty management that did not know how to keep them. Now we suck at signing! So it does not matter if we keep them or not.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:07 pm

EMD is now supposedly (I'm mentioning it like this because I got it from a Dutch site which refers to EMD) stating a possible loan of JDS to Ajax. IF Song actually comes, we might as well loan him out. Should be good for Ajax (replacing Anita) and good for Jonathan himself.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 pm

So can Song actually play CB? Has he played in this role for Arsenal on any consistent basis?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I recall Arsenal never won when he played as CB.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm

danyjr wrote:I recall Arsenal never won when he played as CB.

How pleasing... :coffee: The only reason why he was placed in the middle of defense because of the constant injuries that hit that Arsenal defense. He wasn't even impressive... I rather Barta than him though I will accept him if he is used as a central defender as we desperately need one...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:51 am

I rather Barta than him though I will accept him if he is used as a central defender as we desperately need one...

I can see this transfer window has instilled great confidence among us fans... :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:58 am

CBarca wrote:
I rather Barta than him though I will accept him if he is used as a central defender as we desperately need one...

I can see this transfer window has instilled great confidence among us fans... :facepalm:

Its getting me annoyed... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

Man, you guys sure are a pessimistic bunch. I for one will be happy with our summer transfers if we sign Song. I don't just think he is a replacement for Keita or a back up for Busquets as he is much more creative. He could be a Yaya type of player for us because of being able to play dm/cm.

Bartra is obviously the cb Tito has chosen for the next season. He has played well in pre-season and deserves the chance to cement his place in the starting line-up. Theres no point in spending €30-40 on a cb when we already have a very good one at the club, who also happens to be years youngeer then some of our targets.

I still think a striker might have been needed, i'm not sure about Villa and Tello should stay in the B team for the coming season. Alexis, Cesc and Messi will have to be on form, and Cuenca has to become much more consistent. Luckily, the club came to its senses and hasen't sold Affelay.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm

I wouldn't play song at DM unless it's relegation fodder or we are planning on scoring more than the other team...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm

RedOranje wrote:Agger doesn't want to leave and the club do not wish to sell... hence setting such a high price on the player. People seem to be assuming a lot of things that aren't true. Agger has stated (several times in the two months) that he's happy at Liverpool and the club itself has said it's not interested in selling unless a big bid (one at or upwards of £25-27m) comes in. That's the "lowered" price...

Interesting. In that case these persistent rumors are a little surprising. Why did the thought of selling him come to mind at all? There are so many players who are indispensable at their clubs and their names would barely even be mentioned during the entire transfer window. Why isn't Agger considered indispensable at Liverpool?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would play backup CB and the Keita role (come in after scoring to enforce possession when lacking a physical presence), I would assume.

I was about to post this separately anyway but now it makes more sense to link it to your post.

Pep's Keita love is about to be replaced by Tito's Song love. No

The Song transfer which is about to happen reminds me of not just Keita but another former player of ours Maxwell. Just like Inter Milan first sold Maxwell to us in the summer of 2009 and then capitalized on his mistakes to knock us out of UCL in 2010, perhaps Arsenal will capitalize on Song's mistakes to knock us out of UCL in 2013.

Let's just say the only transfer possibility in recent memory which has disgusted me as much as this is when we were supposed to be interested in Robinho. Any time I feel that a player who is not up to Barca class could be procured by us for anything other than a throwaway price, I don't like it at all. I will also see this as Arsene Wenger's revenge on us for taking away his golden boy.

As far as I am concerned Tito couldn't have begun his innings in a worse possible manner. Let's just hope this is not one of the cases when morning shows the day. Then again the number of top coaching number 2s who became flop coaching number 1s is quite long.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Song seems like such an unnecessary transfer obviously, the midfield is overcrowded as it is and I'm extremely skeptical about him possibly playing in defense. I don't even think Keita needed replacing and we also have Sergi Roberto which I personally think Tito should have just promoted.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:54 pm

JDS going to Ajax or Sevilla?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite