Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years!

+19
BarrileteCosmico
EarlyPrototype
Onyx
7amood11
the xcx
Valkyrja
che
urbaNRoots
vizkosity
Zero
The Messiah
vivabarca38
FennecFox7
Lex
McAgger
CBarca
Zealous
Le Samourai
donttreadonred
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years! Empty Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 am

Higuaín's 43.1% chance conversion rate in LigaBBVA 2011/12 was the highest % by a player in a season since 2003/04 (Milito 35% in 06/07).

Yet for some reason on alot of forums not just this one, he is not held in the same regard as other strikers, ala Gomez, Ibra, RVP and the like.

I know alot of fans and neutrals rate him but why isn't he seen as one of the best in the word in that CF role by the majority?

And 43.1% chance to score when he shoots is just .... ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years! Empty Re: Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years!

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

I like him a lot, but it's hard to make a case for him being truly elite when he's benched in favor of Benzema on most occasions.

If he really wants to make his mark, he has to start... Am I suggesting he move on... Maybe. Rolling Eyes
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years! Empty Re: Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years!

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

Crim...43.1 % isn't better than 35 % or did I miss something.

Anyway....

GOATllejon 13 goals on 37 shots, 35 % :coffee:

Callejon and Higuain

42 goals on 109 shots, that intelligence , shot selection and finishing

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The two of them put Ronaldo and Benz to shame.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 am

Pipa will eventually explode alla Milito. Stirkers like him get better with age. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

I've always rated him very highly. It's a shame that Benzema starts over him, otherwise he would be rated more highly than he is now.

IMO I like him better than Benzema anyway Razz

Hope he moves somewhere else and shows everyone what's up.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am

I don't know who doesn't rate Higgy up there with the likes of Gomez, Cavani, Ibra, RVP etc. That's just bias if they don't. He's proven time and again in the last 4 years that he's among the best, it's really sad that Mou doesn't partner up Higgy and Benz.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am

They play amazingly well when they play together.....the Higuain v Benzema crap is utter nonsense, they complement each other perfectly and make each other better.

Each is allowed to play to their strengths, the other compensates for their weakness....could be the perfect striking partnership.

Sad
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Crimson wrote:he is not held in the same regard as other strikers, ala Gomez, Ibra, RVP and the like

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I don't know who doesn't rate Higgy up there with the likes of Gomez, Cavani, Ibra, RVP etc.

Wut is this nonsense? Suspect
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Lex Cavani and Gomez are in that list, he is at least on their level or better.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 pm

I probably agree. But in no way is Higuain in the same bracket as Ibra, Rooney, RVP, Aguero etc etc

Let's be sensible
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I don't know who doesn't rate Higgy up there with the likes of Gomez, Cavani, Ibra, RVP etc. That's just bias if they don't. He's proven time and again in the last 4 years that he's among the best, it's really sad that Mou doesn't partner up Higgy and Benz.

He does partner them up, you should watch more of our games
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I don't know who doesn't rate Higgy up there with the likes of Gomez, Cavani, Ibra, RVP etc. That's just bias if they don't. He's proven time and again in the last 4 years that he's among the best, it's really sad that Mou doesn't partner up Higgy and Benz.

One of them always play out of position and we lack creative options when both of them play together along with Ronaldo.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:46 pm

One of the best I've ever seen at going around the keeper.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Lol mate I haven't missed a Madrid game since the turn of the century, go take a hike. The occasional time he does play them together is when, like Le Samurai said, one of them is played out of position.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

I dont rate him that much, not close to the likes of Gomez, Mandzukic and Pizarro, he still need go step up, football is not all about scoring goals, there is more to it...

First thing first he needs to displace Benzema...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I like him a lot, but it's hard to make a case for him being truly elite when he's benched in favor of Benzema on most occasions.

If he really wants to make his mark, he has to start... Am I suggesting he move on... Maybe. Rolling Eyes

This. But Mou's ineptness should also be blamed. When he does try to partner them, one is always out of position.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:40 pm

bezema has the intelligence and the movement Surprised
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Having less minutes played helps with the efficiency. I like him he should leave Real Madrid albino
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

vizkosity wrote:bezema has the intelligence and the movement Surprised

Not really the intelligence, one of the most wasteful players in front of goal for glorious chances I have seen in a long time

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:13 pm

higuain is much better than gomez tbh... too bad he's on the same team as ronaldive so he doesn't get as many chances as he should
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Best poacher in the world along with Falcao IMO. Better than Gomez, RVP, Cavani...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 pm

@ lex

RVP only had one good season in his entire career ffs Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Zealous wrote:@ lex

RVP only had one good season in his entire career ffs Laughing
individual you mean
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 pm

That's obviously what we're talking about here, so I have no idea why you're pointing that out...
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Some Madrid fans delusion is far far beyond my comprehensiveness.

Higuain a bench player better than Gomez...Higuain, Europe's most efficient striker in the last 9 years! Rofl

Seriously, what do you guys smoke.......? I would love to have some

Benzema is not even half as good as Gomez, not to talk of Higuain..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next