How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

+21
Tomwin Lannister
Blue Barrett
Onyx
izzy
McLewis
kiranr
Gil
daneq
V
Le Samourai
Firenze
LeBéninois
the xcx
S
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
The Messiah
nh01
The Franchise
urbaNRoots
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? Empty How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 am

It's well known that he's the best winger in the league... but how is he rated in Europe and World?

Top 5? Top 10? He always seems to miss the top lists, just wondering. Discuss.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? Empty Re: How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 am

I dont think its well know he is the best winger.

Non Spurs hating fans consider Bale that guy I would imagine.

Anyway, I do prefer Valencia none the less. He is a VERY effective player and VERY hard to stop in the 1 v 1. He does go right a bit too much though, which can be a bit predictable when its crowed and he has less room than usual.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? Empty Re: How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

Post by nh01 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 am

Valencia missed most of United CL games through injuries didnt he? Was out for like the first half of the season
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 am

Bayern Munich alone have 4 better wingers than him.

Robben
Ribery
Shaqiri
Muller

Even Nani is better than him.

Maybe top 20
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

^ lmao you are totally the bayern crumson.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 am

Why am I getting rep down, it's highly debatable who is better between Valencia and Shaqiri.

Clearly most people here would rather have Muller in their team than Valencia and there is no point bringing Ribery or Robben into this.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 am

Robben is a name, Shaqiri is a kid who has done nothing yet and Muller is nowhere near the winger that Valencia is.

Valencia is probably the best winger in the league were play is heavily based on width more than any other league.

To call him anything less than top 10 in the world is complete disrespect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:52 am

Muller, seems to me, is more like an attacking midfielder than a winger. Valencia, though, is more of a conventional winger with great physique. So it is kind of hard to compare them.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Dutti wrote:Muller, seems to me, is more like an attacking midfielder than a winger. Valencia, though, is more of a conventional winger with great physique. So it is kind of hard to compare them.

I agree with this, overall Muller is a better player.

I don't rate Valencia so highly but maybe at the moment he's still better than Shaqiri since Shaqiri is yet to prove himself in bigger stage but overall Shaqiri's at his age is doing better things than Valencia could ever think of when he was Shaqiri's age.

I also like the irony of how He (Shaqiri) kicked out United out of Champions league, goes a long way to prove my point.

But Nani is way better than Both Muller and Shaqiri and probably only Ribery and Robben comes before him.

@Mole Valencia is not the best winger in EPL, also there are no good winger in EPL anyway. Babel was bossing EPL for a while, in Bundesliga he's more like a Ghost.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Because someone did more at a younger age means nothing, by that logic Messi pisses all over most past legends.

Also lol @ shaqiri knocking out Man Utd, their poor results against all 3 teams in their group is what knocked them out and besides Shaqiri wasn't a one man band.

Xhaka put in a better performance against Man Utd in any case.

Also i agree Muller is more of an attacking midfielder and if thats the case why bring it up in the first place?

Saying Muller is a better winger than Valencia when you know full well he isn't even a winger is why someone neg repped you.

It's blatant trolling.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Well....Muller plays as Winger for Germany, he played more on the wing for us this season, he became world-cup Golden boy and top scorer playing as a winger.

Most of the things Muller has Achieved so far in his career, he achieved them playing on the wings.

You can't really compare them, but Muller has done more than Valencia playing on the wings.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Top 5 winger in the world..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 pm

top 10 for me.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Robben is a name, Shaqiri is a kid who has done nothing yet and Muller is nowhere near the winger that Valencia is.

Valencia is probably the best winger in the league were play is heavily based on width more than any other league.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Robben is a name, Shaqiri is a kid who has done nothing yet and Muller is nowhere near the winger that Valencia is.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Muller isnt even a attacking midfield either, he's a classic second striker. He has none of the attributes of a number 10, forget about winger.

Muller plays on the wings on the teamsheet, however in reality he isnt even comparable to Valencia in any fashion.

Also, if we want to get real here and update ourselfs. Last season, Valencia played far better than Muller did.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

He's a top 5 winger. Robben better than him? How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? FHplT
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:49 pm

To me he's probably top 2 in the world at what he does, more difficult to rank him with different types of wingers who are given much more of a scoring role.Probaby around the same as I rate Navas, which is pretty high.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Also, if we want to get real here and update ourselfs. Last season, Valencia played far better than Muller did.

I am forced to agree with this to a reasonable extent, but Valencia wasn't better than Muller with high Margin this season, mind you! this is Muller's worst season so far.

Valencia made 39appearance scoring 6 goals, making 15.

Muller 54appearance(mostly sub), scored 11goals and 11 assist.

Last season Muller 55appearance, 23goals and 19 assist compare to Valencia 20appearance 3goals and 3 assist.

2009-10: Muller 52appearance 19goals and 10 assist compare to Valencia 49appearance 7goals and 11assist...

Valencia is no where near Muller in terms of quality and because Muller can also play as Supporting Striker and Attacking Midfielder doesn't mean he's not a winger and because he has a unique style doesn't mean he is any different from other wingers because they are pacing.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/65629/antonio-luis-valencia?cc=5739

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/123465/thomas-m%C3%BCller?cc=5739

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 pm

I don't even want to compare Robben's stats with Valencia, Robben goals alone in one season equals Valencia goals and assist in last 2season.

I don't even want to talk about their goal scoring ratio
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:03 pm

23 goals and 19 assists ffs , who the hell is the idiot that moves that to the right wing.

Muller 09-11 is one of my favorite players, possibly the most intelligent forward in the game, him as a foil to Olic was amazing.Get him to CF ffs :bow:

If not , Get him to Dortmund.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Babel raping PL Laughing rofl

Babel? rofl

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm

I felt it was a disrespect comparing Valencia to Robben but I will do it anyway.

This season: Robben made 36appearance scoring 18goals and making 6 assists compare to Valencia 39appearance scoring 6goals and making 15 assists.

2010-11: Robben made 25appearance scoring 17goals with 10 assist. Compare to Valencia 20 appearance scoring 3 goals and making 3assists.

2009-10: Robben made 43appearance scoring 24goals with 9assists compare to Valencia 49appearance 7goals and 11assists.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/65629/antonio-luis-valencia?cc=5739

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/11137/arjen-robben?cc=5739

Stop disrespecting Robben.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Babel raping PL Laughing rofl

Babel? rofl

Spoiler:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/41418/ryan-babel?cc=5739

Not exactly rapping, I said Bossing, people were calling him super sub and some names like that.

Nevertheless that's his career Stats, you can compare his performance when he was still in Liverpool with Hoffeinham.

You don't need to lol to valid your point, I provide evidence and you laugh senselessly..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Robben has nothing of any note since the season he carried you to the CL final.

Use stats all you want, i really couldn't care less.

Robben has had no effect on any sort of success Bayern has had, he even missed a penalty in the CL final and a penalty against Dortmund which could have won you the league and the CL.

He is a name, not a performer.

Babel was never bossing at any stage Laughing the mere fact you are using stats to back up your argument is why i'm laughing at you.

I dont feel the need to get into a debate with someone who is simply putting stats down as his argument.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next