How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

+21
Tomwin Lannister
Blue Barrett
Onyx
izzy
McLewis
kiranr
Gil
daneq
V
Le Samourai
Firenze
LeBĂ©ninois
the xcx
S
Dutti
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
The Messiah
nh01
The Franchise
urbaNRoots
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Robben has nothing of any note since the season he carried you to the CL final.

Use stats all you want, i really couldn't care less.

Robben has had no effect on any sort of success Bayern has had, he even missed a penalty in the CL final and a penalty against Dortmund which could have won you the league and the CL.

He is a name, not a performer.

Babel was never bossing at any stage Laughing the mere fact you are using stats to back up your argument is why i'm laughing at you.

I dont feel the need to get into a debate with someone who is simply putting stats down as his argument.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Abramovich wrote:^ lmao you are totally the bayern crumson.

yea that crumson has nfi about football

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Why not compare the defensive contributions of each player, because Valencia is more well rounded in that he tracks back as well if not better than any winger in the world while not letting it hinder his performances going forward

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Babel was being used as nothing but an impact player at Liverpool and even in that limited time he was playing like crap with no end product whatsoever..It is idiotic to even bring him into this discussion in the first place.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because someone did more at a younger age means nothing, by that logic Messi pisses all over most past legends.

1: it shows Shaqiri will develop to become a much more better play

2: Yes Messi pisses all over most past legends and he's probably the best player to kick the ball.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also lol @ shaqiri knocking out Man Utd, their poor results against all 3 teams in their group is what knocked them out and besides Shaqiri wasn't a one man band.

Xhaka put in a better performance against Man Utd in any case.

Yes, if Manchester United were able to contain Shaqiri in their last match against Basel, which was the decisive match for both teams regarding who will progress to the next round, then' yes Manchester United would have progress regardless of other poor performance.

Shaqiri gave both assist to Streller and Frei, which ultimately kicked out United out of CPL.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also i agree Muller is more of an attacking midfielder and if thats the case why bring it up in the first place?

Muller is more of a winger than attacking Midfielder, he's also more of a Supporting striker than a Winger, nevertheless he has played more in wing position than any other position and achieved more playing as a winger.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Saying Muller is a better winger than Valencia when you know full well he isn't even a winger is why someone neg repped you.

It's blatant trolling.

Are you trying to say Muller is not a winger, when both Klinsmann, Van Gaal, Loew, Hermann Gerland and now Heynckes think he is.

You sir is one smart ass, NOT.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by V Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Stats:
How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? - Page 2 600091_463564736995894_1673909487_n

V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Robben has nothing of any note since the season he carried you to the CL final.

Robben has had no effect on any sort of success Bayern has had, he even missed a penalty in the CL final and a penalty against Dortmund which could have won you the league and the CL.

Babel was never bossing at any stage Laughing the mere fact you are using stats to back up your argument is why i'm laughing at you.

I dont feel the need to get into a debate with someone who is simply putting stats down as his argument.

You are a joke man

If you are going to ignore Robbens stats and Valencia stats.

We might as well ignore Messi stats and watch player like Quaresma
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Crimson wrote:Why not compare the defensive contributions of each player, because Valencia is more well rounded in that he tracks back as well if not better than any winger in the world while not letting it hinder his performances going forward

You can't be serious dude
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:41 pm

Wait, Robbens a winger? Got me...

Valencia top 3 at classic style, out and out wide man. A couple years ago before the bone shot thru his shin, he was the best at it.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Crimson wrote:Why not compare the defensive contributions of each player, because Valencia is more well rounded in that he tracks back as well if not better than any winger in the world while not letting it hinder his performances going forward

You can't be serious dude

Pretty sure he's dead serious, that's what makes Valencia good.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 pm

V wrote:Stats:
How is Antonio Valencia rated outside the English Premier League? - Page 2 600091_463564736995894_1673909487_n

I hate people like you that post false info just to prove someone Wrong.

Kaka Scored 17goals and made 10 assist 2008/9

2007/9 he 20goals with 12 assist.

Kaka's worst season as we all know was his second season with Madrid when he was injured as a result scored 8goals and 9 assist

and we all know Madrid are a disgraceful club who do not know what they have. When Kaka move to another club he'll become another Robben and Sneijder

and as for Iniesta, I will check it out now.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

He isn't a Top 5 winger. He's useless when there's no space to exploit.

Very good player for United's system though.

EDIT: Off the top of my head wide players better than Valencia. Hazard, Nani, Ribery, Robben, Sanchez, Pedro, Ben Arfa, Cristiano, Bale, Mata, Neymar. Munian, Lucas etc etc

Hell, I'd even take Hulk over him lol.

Last edited by Gil on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm

V wrote:Stats:

According to your logic, this is Iniesta best season..?

A season he failed to win La-Liga and CPL

You are joke man.

Iniesta had far more better season.

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Ok, he is a good winger, but are some of you saying he is better than Robben?

Pretty sure SAF would choose Robben over Valencia if given the choice every single time.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

kiranr wrote:Ok, he is a good winger, but are some of you saying he is better than Robben?

Pretty sure SAF would choose Robben over Valencia if given the choice every single time.

Ridiculous isn't it? Valencia will never ever be able to do what Robben did in 09-10. Doesn't have the talent and he's even more one footed than Arjen. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, for me Valencia is an extremely good one-trick pony. Top 10 though, but only because of the lack of pure wingers nowadays.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Robben has nothing of any note since the season he carried you to the CL final.

This is bare jokes.

You posted Babel rapping EPL and started laughing and making fun of yourself, now because I have flood and flaw you with Stats and logical argument, you now want to make it sound as if you were laughing at my Stats, in other word invalidate my proofs, which are clearly better yours.

Any body can post rofl But not everybody can back their argument up with Valid point.

Robben missed a penalty against Chelsea but lets not forget that it was his penalty that got us to the final in the first place, when we kicked out Madrid and Messi also missed a penalty against Chelsea, Barcelona could have beaten us and won the CPL, what says you...? Messi other performance amounts for nothing right...?

I'm tired of people on this forum(mostly Surag) worshipping people like Mole, when I easily make better post and flood him easily whenever I chose to make sensible post and while I'm not in trolling mode or messing around.

Also I never said Babel was bossing epl all season long, I only said at some point he was bossing epl and yes I saw the match live, when he'll come out of bench as super sub and boss some teams

Also are we going to also forget that Robben also scored a penalty against Dortmund and BMG, are many other teams, are we going to ignore all that and notice the only 2 miss...?

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Robben chokes in every major game be it for Bayern or his national team lol

2 UCL finals and a world cup final now lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Crimson wrote:Robben chokes in every major game be it for Bayern or his national team lol

2 UCL finals and a world cup final now lmao

Nothing new here, Madrid fans still mad.

Robben left Madrid, 10months later he is playing Champions league final in your own stadium and add to that world cup final/

Where was Madrid...? They were getting kicked out of CPL by Lyon who Robben inevitably kicked out single handedly.

To add injury to the insult, 2 years later Madrid had opportunity to prove their worth finally kick out Robben out of CPL, Yet again he kicked out Madrid with a decisive goal and went ahead to play CPL in his club stadium and winning the club ÂŁ41million during that process.

Again , Madrid Kicked out Sneijder, 10months later he's lifting CPL at your own stadium.

Robben has played 2 champions league in 3 years and won 1 bundesliga and 1 German cup, show me any Madrid player that has dreamt of playing cpl final in the last at least 10years...?

Robben has won thesame amount of league cup and championship that any other Madrid player won since he left, ontop of that, played CPL final at your stadium and kicked you out of CPL this season, as well as kicked out Lyon that kicked you out 2 years ago

I just wish our board can be smart enough to sign Kaka, nevertheless I trust Milan or PSG to sign him.

and yet again you will see him Kaka Play final with Robben for the 3rd time

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm

kiranr wrote:Ok, he is a good winger, but are some of you saying he is better than Robben?

He's better than Robben in the same way Assou-Ekotto is better than Evra.

Robben has done nothing of any note for more than 2 years.

Living on past performances and names is not something i believe in, i believe in the here and now and how players are performing right now.

Yes Valencia will never reach Robben's top level but as of the last 2 years Valencia has been performing at a higher level and at a more consistent basis.

I also find it funny how Valencia's supposed one tricky pony style is being put down when Robben is one of the most one dimensional players out there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Living on past performances and names is not something i believe in, i believe in the here and now and how players are performing right now.

Yes Valencia will never reach Robben's top level but as of the last 2 years Valencia has been performing at a higher level and at a more consistent basis.

I also find it funny how Valencia's supposed one tricky pony style is being put down when Robben is one of the most one dimensional players out there.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

When i said out there i meant currently.... no one can deny that as Robben has got older and the injuries have affected him more the more one dimensional he has got.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

To be honest, I don't consider him the archetype modern winger of the Robben/Ribery/Nani variety.

Valencia's more a right-sided midfielder (or RM if you play FIFA). Has lotsa stamina to get up to help the attack and back to help his full-back, but he's not particularly incisive with his attacking play like Robben, which characterizes your modern winger. He's not got the flair of Nani and Ribery either. He's a great crosser though and his off-the-ball movement and link play with attackers and midfielders as well as overlapping full-backs are great as well. He's a very direct dribbler and runner and will use his immense strength on the ball to power past opposing full-backs.

So overall he's a wonderful player, but is he top 10 in the world? His particular position becoming a thing of the past honestly, but of those who still play that particular spot on the pitch, he's easily the best of them.

Last edited by McLewis on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Robben looks fine to me, he's still a better talent than Valencia and what not, but he's also the only player in the world who rivals Ronaldo's level of selfishness and on that alone there's no way I take him.

@Mclewis, completely agree, so difficult to compare him to the modern winger, don't know why you would, he has a completely different role. However Jesus Navas would like a word with you Very Happy

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't agree that Valencia has been performing at a higher level.

Robben brings quality on the pitch. His runs often gets the opponents out of position which his teammates can capitalize on. I have never seen Valencia do something like this. And this is just one of the examples of the impact Robben has on the game.

Also, Valencia never receives the kind of special attention that Robben receives from defenders. Managers defensive tactics revolve around Robben sometimes. While he has underperformed in the last season and Valencia may have been better, Robben has far too much quality for Valencia to be compared to him.

It is true that Robben is slightly one-dimensional, but Valencia is very definition of one-dimensional.

And Robben has done far more than what Evra has done in their respective positions. I think you are massively underrating Robben here Mole.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm

What did Valencia do in the last 2 seasons that makes him supposedly better than Robben..?

Yes, you agree Robben was better 3 season ago(2009-10), ok fair enough, lets give you benefit of doubt.

2 seasons ago, Valencia was injured for most part, he started just 15 matches and was subbed out most time and made only 5 sub appearance.

How could he have done better than Robben when he made just 15 starting appearance..?

he scored just 3 goals and made 3 assist.

Come on Mole, give it up... What is wrong with you man....?

ok lets look at this season.

Are you seriously saying Stats aside, of which Robben beats him hands down, although he made fewer appearances.

Do you seriously mean, Robben who helped Bayern Kicked out Madrid, thereby playing CPL final while Valencia and Manchester United were kicked out in group stage had a better CPL the Robben who played in the final...?

Also Robben played in German Cup final, Valencia didn't...?

it's not even like United won their league or whatsoever.

I can not even believe I am debating Robben with Valencia, this must be a joke and I'm out.

except only of course when we compare who is better between Valencia and Shaqiri and Valencia.

Clearly to me, Shaqiri did kicked out United out of CPL, where was Valencia...?

Last edited by The Messiah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next