Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

+31
Raptorgunner
since1996
eelir
Be/\/ceCALI
free_cat
Art Morte
Kick
Cotes
ausbaz
FennecFox7
Dnmac4-New
juventus101
Eman
RedOranje
Twoism
Swanhends
Forza
jibers
TalkingReckless
Sri
Abramovich
chemicalboy99
LeBéninois
urbaNRoots
REWB
Lex
RealGunner
Jay29
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:38 am

Arsenal don't have the mental ability that Man Utd does and besides the reason they got that lead in the first place was because City bottled it while Kompany was suspended, Silva injured and Yaya was at afcon etc etc.

In any case i see all this :bow:

But you all conveniently forget is how poor Arsenal are at tracking back, pressing, positioning themselves defensively and overall just being poor in defense.

This isn't inferior liga where defence is ignored, you actually need to know how to defend here.

This won't change, even ignoring all that City are still better in almost every department

LOL @ this sudden Wenger hype because he bought a few players btw, i remember last season about a lot of you saying he should be sacked and he is passed it etc etc.

Buy 3 players and he's god again Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

Post by Lex Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 am

Well, to be fair, the reason most wanted him gone was his stubborn refusal to buy good players
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 am

You don't know me Mole if you think if you think I rate Wenger for spending

I've always been a fan of Wenger and was one of the people who wanted Wenger to come to Madrid (still do, actually)

It's just Wenger + Good players = Invincibles

Happened before, hopefully again for the sake of Wenger
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 am

I see the questions being raised by Mole and the defensive concerns from Jay. I agree, but I want to remind you, Steve Bould has just started with this team. Though pre-season didn't seem any different, it is too early to judge the impact he would have on the defensive side. I feel it is a strong factor to consider, since we have the right personnel now and only need to combine it with the right tactics and mentality while defending.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 am

srigooner wrote:I see the questions being raised by Mole and the defensive concerns from Jay. I agree, but I want to remind you, Steve Bould has just started with this team. Though pre-season didn't seem any different, it is too early to judge the impact he would have on the defensive side. I feel it is a strong factor to consider, since we have the right personnel now and only need to combine it with the right tactics and mentality while defending.

well our Asian tour was more of publicity stunt then pre-season training. The players were out on events all the time and didn't really get to train that much. The real training is happening right now for the Koln game
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 am

let me tell you this

Even if man utd have Danny Shittu in every position, but have SAF as their manager. They will finish in top 3

That is how amazing of a manager SAF is
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 am

Arsenal aren't winning the epl in my lifetime
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 am

Great signings, but the defence is still dodge.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 am

Don't rate Vermaelan or Gibbs highly

Also they could really use M'Vila

Julien Larens Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 am

You all forgot the best signing this summer, Steve Bould who will drill sergeant the crap out of Arsenal defensive line.

Wenger - go work your magic upfront.
Bould - get shit done from behind.

Not yet a champion but Arsenal will compete a lot more fiercely this year.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:25 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Don't rate Vermaelan or Gibbs highly

Also they could really use M'Vila

Julien Larens Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Gibbs got us into the CL :bow: ( and agent Fulop )

btw Julien laurens haven't updated his twitter account since that 99% done deal tweet Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 am

Twoism wrote:You all forgot the best signing this summer, Steve Bould who will drill sergeant the crap out of Arsenal defensive line.

...Was this intended to be a double entendre?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 am

RedOranje wrote:
Twoism wrote:You all forgot the best signing this summer, Steve Bould who will drill sergeant the crap out of Arsenal defensive line.

...Was this intended to be a double entendre?

You caught me there
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 am

banana drinking banana drinking

GET IN THERE WITH THE THREESOME !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 am

looooooooooool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 am

I like to consider myself a rational Arsenal fan who respects the opposition and will admit where my team needs improvement, but this does not change the fact that I believe Arsenal will win and wow a lot of people in the process this season. It's like Arsene says in my sig, and Arsene knows :bow:

jibers wrote:Arsenal aren't winning the epl in my lifetime
You must not be planning on living a very long and fulfilling life.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:05 am

Im not sure if theyll win it or not, but i think theyve had the best transfer campaign thus far. Bringing in top strikers in Podolski and Giroud, an amazing midfielder in Cazorla and still holding onto their best players like RVP is amazing. Chelsea have also had an extremely strong transfer campaign though, and i dont know who will win the league. One thing is for sure, with all the foreign talent coming into the EPL with Kagawa, Podolski, Hazard, Giroud, Oscar, Marin, etc im looking forward to this EPL season more than any other.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4-New Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 am

They have the signings to be a lot better and more stable. Everyone knows how much I like Cazorla and his best trait is making everyone around him better so even if RVP leaves they will be fine.

With that said I see Arsenal fans post a lot and you don't see many mention Oxlade-Chamberlain, as much Arsenal hate as I have put on this board I have always said every game Wenger sits him is a mistake moving forward, he's ready to be a star.

I argued tirelessly last year with Gunner fans about Chesney and I still say he's a liability and not as good as certain gunner fans want us to believe. They wanted so bad to think they finally solved the keeper position on the cheap and I don't think that's the case.

Then you have the injury mystery which year after year has proved can't be solved for whatever insane reason but this year you are way more ready for it then last year.

I for one think people are forgetting how bad the EPL was last year. A lot of mediocre teams and the same this year.

With that being said City is the cream of the crop and as much credit as I give SAF I don't think his team is strong enough to hold off this Arsenal squad.

The big difference with there signings is they will be in it all year and will fight to the end in all there tournaments but IMO they don't have enough to take City and then the FA and Carling Cups are a coin toss. I mean they lost to a relegated side in the final of the Carling 2 years ago so you wont find me picking them to win but they sure could with this squad.

As far as the CL they will do well as always but are still not one of the top 4 teams in Europe.

Dnmac4-New
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 am

Lex wrote:Are you kidding? We're on the way to a treble. Possible a quadruple if we get Sahin on loan

Sahin can play LB like a boss :coffee: use him there :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 am

The first thing they need to do is get some sort of trophy - to build hunger more than anything.
The EPL will be so tight this year its crazy. After that top 4 has to be a priority but I also think a solid run in the CL is not out of the question.

But it will be all screwed up if Wenger doesnt get a best 11 sorted out before December.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 am

Why people always make ridiculous threads like this?
"Arsenal" &
"win" shouldn't be in the same line...
matter a fact:
Fixed: Will Arsenal.....
....win EPL now with their new signings?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:02 am

Gil :facepalm:

No they won't is the answer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am

Dnmac4-New wrote:
With that said I see Arsenal fans post a lot and you don't see many mention Oxlade-Chamberlain, as much Arsenal hate as I have put on this board I have always said every game Wenger sits him is a mistake moving forward, he's ready to be a star.

Yeah, Ox-Cham is ready, imo, but it he has been put down the pecking order by the arrival of Podolski and Cazorla, probably.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 am

IMO, Arsenal doesn't stand a chance to win the league.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am

Too hard to say...it's not impossible, but I don't think so. It's too early to see how quickly the new signings will adapt and gel, but on paper, assuming we keep RVP which I think we will, we're not weaker than anyone else.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:18 am

btw, Cazorla is a stud - and he will light up the EPL, mark my words.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next