Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

+31
Raptorgunner
since1996
eelir
Be/\/ceCALI
free_cat
Art Morte
Kick
Cotes
ausbaz
FennecFox7
Dnmac4-New
juventus101
Eman
RedOranje
Twoism
Swanhends
Forza
jibers
TalkingReckless
Sri
Abramovich
chemicalboy99
LeBéninois
urbaNRoots
REWB
Lex
RealGunner
Jay29
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:18

btw, Cazorla is a stud - and he will light up the EPL, mark my words.

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings?

Post by eelir Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:50

It will be tough, but i think they have a chance (a small one though) if they can avoid major injuries.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:36

No-one knows. will answer this in May 2013
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Take away their shite start last season & their form to close a 13 point gap Spuds had on them.

Let Wenger be fortunate with injuries for the first time in years.

Add in Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud, Sahin and maybe even another CB.

The return of Wheelchair and departure of Song.

Remember the PL has declined greatly over the years and I don't see why it isn't possible.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:47

So many If's there that won't happen your living in dreamland Laughing

1. Arsenal won't get lucky with injuries because it isn't down to luck it's down to having poor medical and fitness staff.

2. They won't sign a CB and Wilshere will probably never be match fit at any stage this season.

Got no idea where this wankfest is coming from tbh Laughing

In fact i'm starting to think your trying to reverse jinx them so Chelsea can finish above them Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:24

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
In fact i'm starting to think your trying to reverse jinx them so Chelsea can finish above them Laughing

So I am not the only one who thought that. Evil or Very Mad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:33

Seems like I've taken my trolling way too far on here now. I'm dead serious.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:51

Torres: "I've won the Euros and the World Cup but when I sat on the bench v Wolves and fans sang my name is the best memory of my career "
scratch hmm scratch scratch
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:55

The wait is almost over, we will win the EPL if we cant it with this team then how the hell are we going to win it?

Will Arsenal win EPL now with their new signings? - Page 3 Invincibles2

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:56

With that said I see Arsenal fans post a lot and you don't see many mention Oxlade-Chamberlain, as much Arsenal hate as I have put on this board I have always said every game Wenger sits him is a mistake moving forward, he's ready to be a star.

Why is it a mistake? When Wenger did give Chamberlain a run of games, he was inconsistent. Yeah, he was very good against Man Utd, Blackburn and AC Milan (in the first half, anyway) but was disappointing against Sunderland and Newcastle.

He's a big talent but he's only 18 and he hasn't done enough at this point to be a starter. Most Arsenal fans understand this which is why you don't see him mentioned a lot when talking about starting line-ups and key players for the season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:59

Premier League is unpredictable.

Im confident Arsenal FC will do much better than last season though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4-New Wed 08 Aug 2012, 18:25

GoonerJay29 wrote:
With that said I see Arsenal fans post a lot and you don't see many mention Oxlade-Chamberlain, as much Arsenal hate as I have put on this board I have always said every game Wenger sits him is a mistake moving forward, he's ready to be a star.

Why is it a mistake? When Wenger did give Chamberlain a run of games, he was inconsistent. Yeah, he was very good against Man Utd, Blackburn and AC Milan (in the first half, anyway) but was disappointing against Sunderland and Newcastle.

He's a big talent but he's only 18 and he hasn't done enough at this point to be a starter. Most Arsenal fans understand this which is why you don't see him mentioned a lot when talking about starting line-ups and key players for the season.

UM LOL, if you are using consistency as a measure of a starting lineup then about 3 players from your team last year would be penciled in starters.

Individual players on your team last year were the definition of inconsistent and I don't personally thing players like Walcott, Gervinho, and pretty much every attacking player last year except for RVP were totally inconsistent and have had way more chances then OX.

Give me a very young player who has all the talent in the world that IMO is going to be a rock in your team for the next 10 years the playing time.

You know what gets rid of inconsistency? EXPERIENCE and games played and there was no better season then last year to do it as the players in front of him were not any better plus they were not challenging for anything last year so it was the perfect time to blood him into the league/team.

IF your only complaint about an 18 year old player is that he was inconsistent then that's a really good thing especially when players with 5-6 years of top flight football are just as inconsistent.

Hell, Bale won EPL Player of the Year and he was totally inconsistent.

So I will say it again, any game Wenger doesn't start OX he is making a mistake. Just my opinion.

And also for people saying Cazorla is going to take playing time away from OX, this is the last time I will say this for EPL fans, CAZORLA IS NOT A WINGER AND NEVER HAS BEEN.

Dnmac4-New
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 08 Aug 2012, 18:54

Gotta say I'm agreeing with Dnmac Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed 08 Aug 2012, 18:57

Are there only CM's Arteta, Song, Diaby, Coquelin atm?

They need Dean Nilson!!!
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 08 Aug 2012, 19:53

I will say one thing on Oxlade, he is not ready yet like some claim.

He try's to do too much and try's too hard and almost never picks the simple option, it's very easy for experienced defenders to deal with him currently.

He is ready technically maybe even physically but mentally he is nowhere near ready yet.

When someone makes Danny Simpson look good then you know for sure he isn't ready.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:01

Dnmac4-New wrote:UM LOL, if you are using consistency as a measure of a starting lineup then about 3 players from your team last year would be penciled in starters.

Individual players on your team last year were the definition of inconsistent and I don't personally thing players like Walcott, Gervinho, and pretty much every attacking player last year except for RVP were totally inconsistent and have had way more chances then OX.

Give me a very young player who has all the talent in the world that IMO is going to be a rock in your team for the next 10 years the playing time.

You know what gets rid of inconsistency? EXPERIENCE and games played and there was no better season then last year to do it as the players in front of him were not any better plus they were not challenging for anything last year so it was the perfect time to blood him into the league/team.

IF your only complaint about an 18 year old player is that he was inconsistent then that's a really good thing especially when players with 5-6 years of top flight football are just as inconsistent.

Hell, Bale won EPL Player of the Year and he was totally inconsistent.

So I will say it again, any game Wenger doesn't start OX he is making a mistake. Just my opinion.

And also for people saying Cazorla is going to take playing time away from OX, this is the last time I will say this for EPL fans, CAZORLA IS NOT A WINGER AND NEVER HAS BEEN.

Playing a youngster still learning his trade and thus is inconsistent when you have more experienced players who have better end product doesn't benefit the team. We're past the stage now where we're giving young players more games than necessary because we have experienced players that can play in their place.

We did play Chamberlain last year because of Gervinho's inconsistency and he showed that he was very talented but still raw and still not fully accustomed to the pace of the Premier League. I don't see how being cautious with him is a mistake, especially now that he's in an environment where he can develop and improve under the guidance of experienced players and without the pressure and expectation typically placed on young players.

In any case, he'll likely be on the bench for most games, will start the odd league game and will start all cup games. It's not like we're going to be ostracising him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:02

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I will say one thing on Oxlade, he is not ready yet like some claim.

He try's to do too much and try's too hard and almost never picks the simple option, it's very easy for experienced defenders to deal with him currently.

He is ready technically maybe even physically but mentally he is nowhere near ready yet.

That's something that comes with routine and experience and those things come with playing time. If Wenger is going to start Podolski, Cazorla and Walcott ahead of Ox-Cham in every single game where those three are available then Arsenal should have loaned him out already.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:07

Arsenal still needs discipline in their midfield. You can't be leaving gaps all over the pitch and then expecting to win trophies.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:30

kiranr wrote:
Arsenal still needs discipline in their midfield. You can't be leaving gaps all over the pitch and then expecting to win trophies.

We will outscore every team. eco smile

1-2 -1-7 best line up. :bow: rofl

Oxlade is not ready and if Walcott stays it would be best if he is loaned out for a year.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:34

Everyone is under-rating Arsenal's medical team.

The worst in history of the sport :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:37

Rosicky " matter of few days " Turn to 1.5 years :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:38

Wilshere's "couple of weeks" has turned into a year already, with more to come

:bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:38

Schweini wrote:Everyone is under-rating Arsenal's medical team.

The worst in history of the sport :bow:

I'm not :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:42

Its funny how everyone thinks its the medical team. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed 08 Aug 2012, 22:58

Hard to say before the end of the transfer window, but as of now I'd wager Man City are the clear favorites, Man Utd close contenders. My bet is that Chelsea and Arsenal will fight it out for 3rd and 4th, both with an outside shot at title contention, depending on injuries and how the new signings gel & perform with the squad.

I'm stoked to see what effect Cazorla might have on the team, and how the Ox continues to develop.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu 09 Aug 2012, 03:47

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Are there only CM's Arteta, Song, Diaby, Coquelin atm?

They need Dean Nilson!!!
Arsenal have Arteta, Song, Diaby, Coquelin, Rosicky, Ramsey, Lansbury, Wilshere (when recovered), as well as Cazorla now, with Oxlade-Chamberlain seen as a CM in the long-term. There's also Frimpong if he is not loaned, as well as Eisfeld is he is given a chance this year and Eastmond if Wenger still thinks he can cut it. We also have a few youngsters who will get a chance at some point throughout the season, and we are still being linked with Sahin.

Numbers are not the problem. Dean Nilson can stay in Brazil until someone decides to buy him!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next