urbaNRoots
habsky
michael1
Kick
fatman123
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Conte handed 10 month ban, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe both acquitted - Page 2 Empty Re: Conte handed 10 month ban, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe both acquitted

Post by S Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 pm

mtfootball wrote:Is he just banned from matches or from football altogether?

Touchline ban..He cant still train the team.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Conte handed 10 month ban, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe both acquitted - Page 2 Empty Re: Conte handed 10 month ban, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe both acquitted

Post by Luca Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:20 pm

No sympathy for conte, personally
He made a big mistake, negligence is punishable and it should be

He's not bigger than the club and his actions while managing siena do not reflect juventus in any way

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Luca wrote:No sympathy for conte, personally
He made a big mistake, negligence is punishable and it should be

He's not bigger than the club and his actions while managing siena do not reflect juventus in any way

although i agree with you atm, but if you stick by him it says somethig very different
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Conte's case was based on the testimony of Filippo Carobbio. Carobbio was deemed credible.

Bonucci and Pepe's case was based on the testimony of Andrea Masiello. Masiello was deemed not credible.

Both are crooks in any case
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Urban that Carlo Gargenese's tweet you posted earlier in the day..You got trolled so hard Laughing

BREAKING NEWS: Pinocchio has accused Conte of fixing Novara 0-4 Juventus ... Figc increase Conte ban to 20 months

Pinocchio rofl

UrbanRoots No
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Saeco wrote:You wouldn't try to take a plea bargain unless you had some level of guilt. Justified, IMO.

But then I haven't been following this as closely as most, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. What happens now? Is he banned from any activities or just banned from touchline/press conferences, and still gets to train the team etc?

No in Italy if you make a plea bargain it can not be used as an admission of guilt. He took the plea bargain to try and get it over with and take a relatively small ban.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:11 pm

He deserves ban for not reporting it . The punishment for not reporting match fixing exists there for a reason.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

TomJuve wrote:
Saeco wrote:You wouldn't try to take a plea bargain unless you had some level of guilt. Justified, IMO.

But then I haven't been following this as closely as most, so my opinion is pretty much worthless. What happens now? Is he banned from any activities or just banned from touchline/press conferences, and still gets to train the team etc?

No in Italy if you make a plea bargain it can not be used as an admission of guilt. He took the plea bargain to try and get it over with and take a relatively small ban.

If he was innocent then there's nothing to worry about regarding the ban. You would fight it. If someone was accusing you of something that you didn't do, you would NOT roll over and accept any kind of punishment. It's clear as day that he had no faith in being found innocent. Sounds like an odd law system that he tried to take advantage of and was rejected. Justified ban.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Saeco wrote:
TomJuve wrote:

If he was innocent then there's nothing to worry about regarding the ban. You would fight it. If someone was accusing you of something that you didn't do, you would NOT roll over and accept any kind of punishment. It's clear as day that he had no faith in being found innocent. Sounds like an odd law system that he tried to take advantage of and was rejected. Justified ban.
No matter what he was going to be prosecuted. One person said he was guilty and many others said he was not. The FIGC believed one mans word over many others and there was no further evidence. Not a phone call, not any money exchanged, nothing. The plea bargain was reached and then they pulled the plug on it. You think that's justified?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:50 pm

TomJuve wrote: No matter what he was going to be prosecuted. One person said he was guilty and many others said he was not. The FIGC believed one mans word over many others and there was no further evidence. Not a phone call, not any money exchanged, nothing. The plea bargain was reached and then they pulled the plug on it. You think that's justified?

Precisely the reason why i think this decision is a joke if it is only this.

The other part that is inconsistent is how did they find the other witnesses not credible in relation to Bonucci and Pepe, but found the one implicating Conte to be credible? What were the standards of credibility they applied there?

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:55 pm

kiranr wrote:
TomJuve wrote: No matter what he was going to be prosecuted. One person said he was guilty and many others said he was not. The FIGC believed one mans word over many others and there was no further evidence. Not a phone call, not any money exchanged, nothing. The plea bargain was reached and then they pulled the plug on it. You think that's justified?

Precisely the reason why i think this decision is a joke if it is only this.

The other part that is inconsistent is how did they find the other witnesses not credible in relation to Bonucci and Pepe, but found the one implicating Conte to be credible? What were the standards of credibility they applied there?

You've got me there, I have no idea how they chose who's credible and who's not. Like you say the decision is a joke and according to all of the information I have read over this whole subject there really is no true evidence against Conte, just one mans word. Although I am happy Bonucci and Pepe have been cleared I thought they had more going against them than Conte. This whole situation is a witch hunt.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Conte handed 10 month ban, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe both acquitted - Page 2 201268hp2
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:15 pm

TomJuve wrote:
Saeco wrote:
TomJuve wrote:

No matter what he was going to be prosecuted. One person said he was guilty and many others said he was not. The FIGC believed one mans word over many others and there was no further evidence. Not a phone call, not any money exchanged, nothing. The plea bargain was reached and then they pulled the plug on it. You think that's justified?

The charge is that Conte knew and didn't report it. So, there wouldn't be any money or a phone call necessarily. It's a lot less to prove than in Bonucci's case for example.

We can't scrutinize the evidence that much, obviously it was admissible and deemed credible. That's all that really matters, negligence was proved and now Conte will face punishment.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:17 pm

Luca wrote:
The charge is that Conte knew and didn't report it. So, there wouldn't be any money or a phone call necessarily. It's a lot less to prove than in Bonucci's case for example.

We can't scrutinize the evidence that much, obviously it was admissible and deemed credible. That's all that really matters, negligence was proved and now Conte will face punishment.

What is so obvious about one man's testimony against many others?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:20 pm

@Luca I know what you're saying but the only proof he knew is the words of a single man against the words of many other men. That is terrible evidence and I have no idea how it has been deemed credible.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:34 pm

The FIGC themselves are crooked, especially against Juventus. I thought that was pretty well known. Out of 24 people, 23 said Conte was innocent, yet he still gsts a ban for over an entire season. Thats some crooked shit right there.

Anyways, since Conte can still train the team and still basically be the coach, he just cant stand on the sideline, i say we keep.him and use the assistant coach on the sideline just like against Malaga.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 pm

So it was just one out of many that accused Conte and his first thoughts are to take a plea bargain... that sounds like a guilty man to me. Did any of the other players try to accept a plea bargain, Pepe/Bonucci?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Saeco wrote:So it was just one out of many that accused Conte and his first thoughts are to take a plea bargain... that sounds like a guilty man to me. Did any of the other players try to accept a plea bargain, Pepe/Bonucci?

He was convinced by his lawyers to do it and he specifically said it is not an admission of guilt. How can you use this as evidence?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Saeco wrote:So it was just one out of many that accused Conte and his first thoughts are to take a plea bargain... that sounds like a guilty man to me. Did any of the other players try to accept a plea bargain, Pepe/Bonucci?

Now you're just adding things in. It was not his first though at all. He was told it would be the best thing to do and Conte made sure it did NOT mean he was guilty. He simply went for the better of the two options at the time. Take a plea bargain or fight against it and get a 1 year suspension. Then the FIGC screwed him again and he was left with no option.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:12 pm

10 month touchline ban lmao.

Teleconference in the dressing room at half time.
NFL headset, or some sort of headset.

Good to go.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Le Samourai wrote:10 month touchline ban lmao.

Teleconference in the dressing room at half time.
NFL headset, or some sort of headset.

Good to go.

Laughing I hope it works out that way.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:13 pm

What a joke, why was my post removed? Since when has expressing our opinions been forbidden? That was my opinion on Juve and their actions and ALL that I said was based by FACTS and TRUTH. Juve did cheat in 2006, Juve is now protecting a cheater <--- as honest as it can get

How come accusing a club for cheating (jiopsis 103027490324790 scandal in la ligas) doesn't get removed but telling the TRUTH and your opinion on something = removed immedietly and called trolling

disgrace tbh, disgrace
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:17 pm

@Se7en

Your post was removed because it contained blatantly insulting expressions and such are not allowed. If you state facts, then do that without vulgar expressions and insults. If you use one more vulgar expression and I catch it, you will find your warning bar reduced by 25%.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 pm

So thats how some of the psters settle debates and other ppl opinions? hmm. Nothing new about that tho.
Dont get it wrong RWO, Im not judging you btw.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:27 pm

@Nameless

You know, opinions are not a problem as long as they are stated matter of factly. It is not the *what*, but the *how* that is the problem here.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 pm

kiranr wrote:
Luca wrote:

What is so obvious about one man's testimony against many others?

Obviously something
I refuse to believe it's one great big conspiracy

I think it's just more likely that Conte did in fact know and not report a potential match fix

Se7en wrote:What a joke, why was my post removed? Since when has expressing our opinions been forbidden? That was my opinion on Juve and their actions and ALL that I said was based by FACTS and TRUTH. Juve did cheat in 2006, Juve is now protecting a cheater <--- as honest as it can get

How come accusing a club for cheating (jiopsis 103027490324790 scandal in la ligas) doesn't get removed but telling the TRUTH and your opinion on something = removed immedietly and called trolling

disgrace tbh, disgrace
Se7en wrote:What a joke, why was my post removed? Since when has expressing our opinions been forbidden? That was my opinion on Juve and their actions and ALL that I said was based by FACTS and TRUTH. Juve did cheat in 2006, Juve is now protecting a cheater <--- as honest as it can get

disgrace tbh, disgrace

Conte didn't fix a match, he didn't report a potentially fixed match
Big difference

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next