Onyx
The Messiah
Gil
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is La Liga dead? Empty Is La Liga dead?

Post by Gil Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:34 pm

10 years ago it was by far the strongest League in Europe now clubs like Bilbao, Atletico & Valencia can no longer keep their best players due to that outrageous TV deal.

'Small clubs' Deportivo, Villarreal, Zaragoza etc have all been relegated because of it and there's a 30 point gap between the 2nd and 3rd best team in the League.

There'll be no 'star' players left outside the Top 2 once Martinez and LLorente are sold this summer as well.

Shame.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is La Liga dead? Empty Re: Is La Liga dead?

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 pm

With Madrid and Barcelona around, La Liga is dead.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm

It's just Real Madrid and Barca are too good. Clubs can hope they can get a takeover or something like Malaga.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Shame shit, different year.

Barcelona and Madrid are very good. 3rd best team cant just keep it. Would be more or less the same in any other league.

Valencia, Bilbao, Atletico and so on lose their players and so on, but yet, manage to outplay their European rivals pretty often.

Small clubs like Depor and Villareal being that high were fantastic for them, but freaks of nature with a combination of amazing coaches, under the radar talented players and then the weakening of other clubs various seasons.

You cant expect that to happen every season, or even very often.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I can't believe Barcelona and Madrid fans can manage to defend this injustice, it's not surprising at all.

Fact: Cheating, Diving and Play acting is part of Barcelona as much as Arrogant, delusion and losing to Bayern Munich all of the time is part of Madrid.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 pm

This season i think i am convinced too that la liga is dead. I will watch it just because i am Barca fan. I mean do we honestly believe one of the other teams could win it? I don't. Serie A is almost the same, although there you can always expect Milan, Inter and Juve interchanging places. Though other leagues have big 1 or 2, but once in a while a surprise pops-out. I do not think we will get any surprise in la liga for next 5 years. So in that respect it is dead.

Check the last 10 years:

La liga: Barca (5), RM (4), Valencia (1)

Serie A: Juventus (4), Inter (4), Milan (2)

PL: Man U. (5), Chelsea (3), Arsenal (1), Man City (1)

Bundes L.: B. Munich (5), Borusia D. (2), Wolfsbourg (1), Stutgart (1), Werder Bremen (1)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Please get off the high horse.

Bayern have a tax on buying every half decent player in Germany year after year and have done for aslong as I can remember.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Please get off the high horse.

Bayern have a tax on buying every half decent player in Germany year after year and have done for aslong as I can remember.

Dortmund got more money than us this season, we don't embosom all Bundesliga TV money like Barcelona and Real Madrid. merchandising, Tickets etc is sufficient for us, no need to cheat smaller clubs because you can.

What a disgraceful league, that's why I don't watch it. I rather watch Coca cola championship, it has more prestige and honour than La Liga.

Last edited by The Messiah on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm

The Messiah wrote:I can't believe Barcelona and Madrid fans can manage to defend this injustice, it's not surprising at all.

Fact: Cheating, Diving and Play acting is part of Barcelona as much as Arrogant, delusion and losing to Bayern Munich all of the time is part of Madrid.

WTF dude? The topic is about la liga having some competition. You think Real wins la liga because of arrogance and Barca wins it with cheating and diving?

Oh sorry, you just like to make brainless trolls!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 pm

eelir wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I can't believe Barcelona and Madrid fans can manage to defend this injustice, it's not surprising at all.

WTF dude? The topic is about la liga having some competition. You think Real wins la liga because of arrogance and Barca wins it with cheating and diving?

Oh sorry, you just like to make brainless trolls!

Gil wrote:10 years ago it was by far the strongest League in Europe now clubs like Bilbao, Atletico & Valencia can no longer keep their best players due to that outrageous TV deal.

Shame.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Why do you quote me without anything? You got something to say, say it. Every team has a player who dives and cheats, RM have them Bayern have them. the topic is not about that. And not all barca fans defend what's happening. Try and read a bit instead of just quoting and reposting. Your post number does not make you a better then the rest. Grow up!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:Shame shit, different year.

Barcelona and Madrid are very good. 3rd best team cant just keep it. Would be more or less the same in any other league.

Valencia, Bilbao, Atletico and so on lose their players and so on, but yet, manage to outplay their European rivals pretty often.

Small clubs like Depor and Villareal being that high were fantastic for them, but freaks of nature with a combination of amazing coaches, under the radar talented players and then the weakening of other clubs various seasons.

Not buying that sorry.

Explain why La Liga clubs outside of Barca and Madrid have struggled in the CL if that was the case.

And I seriously doubt Valencia would still be 30 points behind Barca if they could afford to keep their best players in Villa, Mata, Albiol, Silva, Alba etc.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't really understand why you're saying Bilbao , Atletico and Valencia can't keep their best players.......

Valencia got pillaged because the idiots on their board decided to build a new stadium without actually having the funds to actually do it.

Atletico spent 40 million on Falcao, have spent on various other people, just because they don't want to pay for Diego doesn't mean they can't afford to. They have better options.

Bilbao might sell Llorente but that really isn't the end of the world.I'm not even really convinced he's their best player.The prices being mentioned for Martinez , most clubs anywhere would sell.

Dortmund loses it's best player 2 seasons in a row after winning Bundesliga...Is Bundesliga dead?

Milan lost their 2 best players to a french team, is Serie A dead?

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

What does diving have to do with this thread by the way?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Real Madrid and Barca would still be top 2, regardless of what teams are in the league. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Although i agree la liga is shit and TV deal do not help the situation, only German league has a working model that could prove good in future. The PL is better just because they got better marketing and attracted two big fishes that made Chealsea and Man City into a big fish. Otherwise, PL would have been similar.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:Shame shit, different year.

Uh huh. based on what? This Real and Barcelona will win every league is based on what? their domination of the champions league...o wait... Real were outplayed by Bayern et thety will somhow win different leagues wih different styles.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:24 pm

eelir wrote:Why do you quote me without anything? You got something to say, say it. Every team has a player who dives and cheats, RM have them Bayern have them. the topic is not about that. And not all barca fans defend what's happening. Try and read a bit instead of just quoting and reposting. Your post number does not make you a better then the rest. Grow up!

I am more concerned about the TV deals to be honest with you, I also feel to an extent Madrid and Barcelona can pretty much get away with anything in La-Liga that's the reason why other teams can not challenge, among many other reasons, like Play-acting, cheating, Referee and officials helps Barcelona, Madrid Arrogant and many other things associated with their fans.

How can the league be competitive when Madrid and Barcelona gets so much help, particularly Barcelona.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Exaggeration at its best. The league is just having a downfall just like every other in past. Theres nothing really worth worrying. Nothing ever lasts.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 pm

The Messiah wrote:
eelir wrote:Why do you quote me without anything? You got something to say, say it. Every team has a player who dives and cheats, RM have them Bayern have them. the topic is not about that. And not all barca fans defend what's happening. Try and read a bit instead of just quoting and reposting. Your post number does not make you a better then the rest. Grow up!

I am more concerned about the TV deals to be honest with you, I also feel to an extent Madrid and Barcelona can pretty much get away with anything in La-Liga that's the reason why other teams can not challenge, among many other reasons, like Play-acting, cheating, Referee and officials helps Barcelona, Madrid Arrogant and many other things associated with their fans.

How can the league be competitive when Madrid and Barcelona gets so much help, particularly Barcelona.

Are you for real? Barca and RM get more calls on their way in contrast to other teams, but separating Barca from RM is ridiculous to say the least. Especially last season. I dont wann discuss this thing but you are way off with this.

There are two main problems with la liga as it is:

1. Most important, la liga teams do not know how to manage money and they screw up.

2. TV money contract is ridiculous.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 pm

eelir wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Are you for real? Barca and RM get more calls on their way in contrast to other teams, but separating Barca from RM is ridiculous to say the least. Especially last season. I dont wann discuss this thing but you are way off with this.

1. Most important, la liga teams do not know how to manage money and they screw up.

Oh so Madrid was helped by refs to retain the league, is it?. Tell me a game where we needed refs help to win a game.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 pm

If smaller clubs put up with this TV deal then that's their fault. They should join together and either force a collective bargaining deal or kick them out of the league. It's pretty simple.

Also, this assumption that money leads to success is very wrong, although it certainly helps. Atletico have the 3rd highest budget and income in the league. Therefore, they should consistently be 3rd or even in the CL, right? Yet, they have nothing to show for it in their league performance. Spanish clubs are awfully mismanaged.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Is the TV deal just for Spanish TV channels, or the entire World?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Entire world...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Nameless wrote:
eelir wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Oh so Madrid was helped by refs to retain the league, is it?. Tell me a game where we needed refs help to win a game.

Dude, i am with you on this one. I am saying that both RM and Barca get favors when playing with small teams. And you cant differentiate one or the other, especially in the long run. Although i do not follow other leagues that much i think it happens everywhere with big teams playing small ones. But in no way i see this as a problem of other teams not winning la liga.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next