United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago

5 posters

Go down

United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago Empty United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Thiago-Alcantara-of-Spain-celebrates-cropped

Sir Alex Ferguson has made a £15million offer for Barcelona youngster Thiago Alcantara.

The Manchester United boss wants the star of Spain’s European Championship Under-21 side in an outright cash deal – but Barca are reluctant to sell to a ­Champions League rival.

United’s offer is bigger than any other interested club and Fergie made his move before Thiago’s stunning 45-yard free-kick strike in the Euro final at the weekend.

Barca would like to farm the midfield prodigy out to a Premier League club, but want a buy-back clause, which United will not agree to.

Thiago is unlikely to play often for Barca next season, a problem that is troubling coach Pep Guardiola who does not want to lose him long-term.

The 20-year-old would be ideal to replace Paul Scholes at United but Barca are desperate to see him go somewhere else.

Fergie cannot even get between the player and the club to win the day – his agent is Guardiola’s brother Pere.

Barca would put Thiago in the Cesc Fabregas deal with Arsenal if they can have a recall on him – a plan that’s not much use to the Gunners as the talks for their skipper drag on.

Bizarrely Bolton Wanderers, who have been on Thiago’s trail for over a year, may have a chance as they are prepared to take him on Barca’s terms.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-bid-for-Thiago-Alacantara-of-Barcelona-article752948.html#ixzz1QUJDOfXr
------------------------------------------------
would put are summer spending up to around £66 million, with De Gea on the verge of signing for £17.5 million....this would be an excellent transfer in the fact we wouldn't have to shell out the money of £30 million for Modric, Thiago was brilliant for Spain U-21s
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago Empty Re: United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm

to be honest i've not really seen much of him would he adapt to the english game. i think we need a ready made replacement for scholesy, someone with experience. the perfect solution would be modric but that looks highly unlikely.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago Empty Re: United bid 15m for Barcelona's Thiago

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

good signing

isnt whipped like Cesc so wouldnt cry about going back every summer

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Barcelona want to add a buy back clause. If that's the case, we should tell them a big no. I don't want us to improve this kid and give him back to them.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:42 pm

I've only ever seen him play once, so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. But like Dave, I would prefer someone established, that way are youth have a better chance to be promoted as the wait is less.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down