Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

+10
ioilersrock448
rwo power
Babun
S
Juveman17
The Messiah
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Catracho
Gil
Arquitecto
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

Post by ioilersrock448 Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

It's gonna take €40m for Bayern to sign Martinez and there is no way Bayern will spend that much for him.

ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?

Post by The Messiah Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:It's gonna take €40m for Bayern to sign Martinez and there is no way Bayern will spend that much for him.

We don't really need him that much, we already have Gustavo but it will be also nice to have him to but we are not desperate to sign him for that much.

I would prefer if we hijack either Sahin or Song, any one of them is ok for me.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:02 am

The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:I just thought I point out that if Martinez join he's not undisputed started, he needs to battle it out with Gustavo Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Didn't say undisputed but we both can admit Javi is comfortably better than Gustavo along with such a monumental purchase would give him a head start.

Kroos? Will he not be played as AM instead?

Martinez is not a better destroyer than Gustavo but we need him to balance our midfield

Not a better destroyer? Laughing

So let me guess, you regularly watch Atheltic's games?

At least I watch Atletico Madrid and Barcelona screwing him over.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but Gustavo just happens to be the best destroyer in the game at the moment and nothing comes next after him.

I agree Martinez might be better in other aspect(attacking wise, Passing and keeping possession) but over-rall if Gustavo work on his passes he'll easily become the best DM in the world and there is no shame in Martinez being his sub.

Atletico and Barca screwing him over Laughing Thats funny considering he was one of Athletic's 2 best players along with the fact he played CB both matches. Also, 2 matches is a pathetically poor way of judging players. By this logic I'll name two matches in which Gustavo was actually pawned as I'm sure you understand my drift by now.

And Gustavo the worlds best DM? rofl

Sergio Busquets
Danielle De Rossi
Javier Mascherano
Ever Banega
Lucas Leiva
Yaya Toure
Esteban Cambiasso

All DMs far more proven and simply better than Gustavo.

Then again I'm speaking to the forum renowned Bayern biased fanatic.

juveman17 wrote:Question Arquiteco, who do you think Juve should get?

Llorente or Dzeko?

Good question Juveman. I personally am a big fan of Dzeko. His single handed drive to win the BL for Wolfsburg remains in my head to this day. Llorente overall is a more skilled player, yet SOLELY due to age (Dzeko 2 years younger) I would purchase Dzeko as with solid negotiation they should come around the same price.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:13 am

I don't want Llorente to move to Juve.True or not, they're a very shady club. He better move to EPL. he is one of my favourite players.

Oh I don't either Babun. Not only because I'd love to see him carry his team to success but along with how Juve will be a substantial force in the Serie A and Europe. Unfortunately, I cannot see him staying as Juve seems in pole position for his contract.

Arq, I'm in love with Azpi. We have an acute RB problem but the board+Mou want to bring Modric for 32m € I'd welcome him with open arms. He is an all around solid and very athletic Spanish fullback he is bound to succeed anywhee he goes, the talent is there.

Spot on as usual Babun. And Mourinho is many things yet his ludicrous choice in transfers is definitely not one of his strengths. Considering he has Sahin who is twice the player than Modric on bench along with willing to splash such a large sum of money for an overrated player is just laughable at best.

I'm surprised myself why Madrid did not follow through when once being linked to Azpi as he certainly would have been better than Arbeloa who isn't getting any better.

I don't know waht to think about Martinez' deal to Bayern. In my opinion, Bayern lack a true #10 for their style of play. Kroos and piggy are plenty enough to fight for the CM position while the DM is necessary, for both Kroos and piggy aren't sound enough defensively. I don't regard Kroos as an AM, he is made for CM/ regista spot. In attack, they lack a mobile AM to link up all the forwards. Javi would improve their CB and CM/DM depth but won't solve their prime problem in CAM.
To answer your question, while Javi will most likely succeed Bayern won't become much better with him. They'll just add quality overall to their central midfield area. Their true weakness is the link between CM and forwards. A proper AM/ CAM would bring them onto another level.

I agree Babun as you bring some great points here. Bayern lack that spark to link their strong midfield with their potent attack. I am surprised Bayern didn't go for Marco Reus who would have been an ailment to their lack of Trequartista.

I personally like Kroos better as an AM as it focuses more on his strengths but I am increasingly convinced by your ideas on Kroos on CM as yesterday you pointed out his effectiveness in the CM role for Bayern. He almost adds a whole new dimension to the team in that role.

Agreed Javi won't improve the team all to much considering Bayern are well in depth in that area as you can't help but feel they are spending their money in the wrong areas. It would also be unlike them to splash such a large sum of money on a foreign player and one that they don't really need.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am

So Arq your opinion of Dzeko or Llorente has nothing to do with the fact you want Llorente to stay and not leave for Juve then :coffee:

Your list of DM's is lacking some Perchinho btw :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 am

All basque players are ovverated.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 am

I do prefer Dzeko especially due to his age
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:52 am

Bayern already have Kroos, Muller, Shaqiri, Schweinsteiger and Mandzukic who call all play in that Attacking midfielder position.

Get away babun we dont need any attacking midfielder, Kroos is better than all Madrid AM and Muller is also better most AM in the world.

How they heck do you sign and AM when we already have 2 of the best attacking midfielder in the world, with different styles. I say we bring in Martinez/Sahin/Song end of story.

You should be worried about marketing deadwood like Kaka to AC Milan, we are not interest in him or any attacking midfielder in the world for that matter.

Moreover we might even play with 2 strikers at some point next season.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 am

Why is Javi being forced out? Athletic have no need for money, they have almost no debt. I think the only reason he would leave is if he wanted to. Either way I'm not buying into the rumors, I think Athletic will demand the buy-out clause and Bayern won't pay for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 am

[quote="Arquitecto"][quote="The Messiah"][quote="Arquitecto"][quote="The Messiah"][quote="Arquitecto"]
The Messiah wrote:

Sergio Busquets
Danielle De Rossi
Javier Mascherano
Ever Banega
Lucas Leiva
Yaya Toure
Esteban Cambiasso

Do you actually believe all this Media over-rated DM are closed to Gustavo quality... rofl

I agree some are better in other aspect, but they are not even close as far as destroying is concerned.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

[quote="The Messiah"][quote="Arquitecto"][quote="The Messiah"][quote="Arquitecto"][quote="The Messiah"]
Arquitecto wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Sergio Busquets
Danielle De Rossi
Javier Mascherano
Ever Banega
Lucas Leiva
Yaya Toure
Esteban Cambiasso

Do you actually believe all this Media over-rated DM are closed to Gustavo quality... rofl

I agree some are better in other aspect, but they are not even close as far as destroying is concerned.

I'm not denying Gustavo's quality as he is a fine fine player. Yet at the age of 25 Gustavo simply hasn't made the impact that the names above have as there is no shame in admitting this. And frankly you haven't put up all to much proof to back your opinion aside from slightly (if not considerably) overrating Gustavo's contribution to Bayern. Lets not forget he has made only 2 apps for Brazil.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 am

Arquitecto wrote:Bayern lack that spark to link their strong midfield with their potent attack. I am surprised Bayern didn't go for Marco Reus who would have been an ailment to their lack of Trequartista.

We did go for him, we lost out to Dortmund Sad
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Will Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus Break their Basque Cherry?  - Page 2 Article-2192964-14AD2593000005DC-784_634x421

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY POOR AZPI Sad

Out of all the clubs he had to go to Chelsea. Tsk Tsk.

Well given that they have the need for a RB since Ivanovic is worse than Bonera, (actually no one is worse than him) I'm sure he'll be played generously.

Careful though, Madrid will be sure to buy him in 3-4 years. Mark my words.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I havent read the entire thread so some might have already mentioned it, but didnt Chelsea "break" their cherry when they signed Del Horno? :coffee:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2