The Messiah
stevieg8
Nishankly
Emaharg
McAgger
64 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Played alright vs Man City today. Promising player. Hopefully he gets chances this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread

Post by archwooohh Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 am

Was surprised to see him start against City, but he was alright. Definitely one for the future.

If he gets chances like these every so often you know he's bound to have a better season then Downing Laughing
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 am

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am

Seems he's taken that to heart... to go from such a dressing down to starting at Anfield against the current champions of the league takes some turn around in attitude and work rate. Good on the lad.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 am

What did he say?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 am

Sterling said "steady" to something BR asked him to do. I'm guessing that was during the American tour, since he's telling him he'll be on the first plane back if he ever does that again. And like Red said, Raheem has definitely taken that to heart, going from that to where he is now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Just watched the highlights of his game against City. Looks like he's improved abit from the last time I've saw him.

Most impressive thing about his performance was his workrate & aggression. Honestly didn't expect that. Looks a player.

It'll be interesting to see who'll turn out to be the better player between him & Ox.

@Liverpool fans has he shown any outstanding vision & creativity in the youth teams/reserves?

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

heard he already has 2 kids at 17 :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 pm

The Messiah wrote:No one will get to know how good he's until he start playing at top level and in one of European top clubs.

Based on my assessment, he currently doesn't play at top level and he's not in one of European top clubs. Waste of time, he can come and talk when he start playing regularly for Liverpool and eventual when he moves to a better club like Newcastle, Tottenham, Atletico Club/Madrid, Lazio, Napoli, HSV or Borussia Mönchengladbach.

The Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread - Page 2 B225370926
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Gil wrote:Just watched the highlights of his game against City. Looks like he's improved abit from the last time I've saw him.

Most impressive thing about his performance was his workrate & aggression. Honestly didn't expect that. Looks a player.

It'll be interesting to see who'll turn out to be the better player between him & Ox.

@Liverpool fans has he shown any outstanding vision & creativity in the youth teams/reserves?

Oh yeah, he's been raping the reserves/youth teams for 2 years now. That's main reason why we've been rating him so highly. One game he scored 5 goals and assisted another 3 iirc. He's taking the transition form the reserves to first team pretty well so far.

Tbh though from the reserves I've been more impressed with Suso's vision and creativity. The guys passing range is second to none at his age.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 am

Wenger supposedly has AOC pegged as a future CM, so I'm not sure we'll be comparing these two for much longer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Dat Mentality :bow:
Rodgers Total Football :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 am

raheem sterling ‏@sterling31

"@YohanBlake: Hail up fellow Yardie-- Raheem Stirling of Liverpool FC! Big up yourself @rsterling31"this my account yohan @sterling31

Blake :bow:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 am

Gil wrote:@Liverpool fans has he shown any outstanding vision & creativity in the youth teams/reserves?

He's been arguably our best players in our academy for the past 2 seasons fighting it out against Suso.

Class above the rest.

Probably our best youth player coming up since the Owen, Carra, Gerrard and Fowler generation.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

his game against city reminded me of David Alaba. he needs to keep up his good work. but impressive game against mancity

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

Next big thing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 am

JespSwe wrote:his game against city reminded me of David Alaba. he needs to keep up his good work. but impressive game against mancity

lol, Ok I am not even going to bring him down, but he's not up to Alaba level, but I like him a lot and I wish Bayern Munich signed him 2 season ago instead of Jennings.

But nevertheless we have Noah.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:21 am

Great player, I'm a big fan of his already. What I like most about him is his dribbling. The way he can dribble with speed in tight spaces...his composure and decision making, for such a young guy, is extremely impressive.

He's the real deal. Will be a star in a couple of years.

The thing is, will LFC be able to hang onto him?.........
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:25 am

RED wrote:Great player, I'm a big fan of his already. What I like most about him is his dribbling. The way he can dribble with speed in tight spaces...his composure and decision making, for such a young guy, is extremely impressive.

When have we let go of a WC prospect before???
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am

RED wrote:Great player, I'm a big fan of his already. What I like most about him is his dribbling. The way he can dribble with speed in tight spaces...his composure and decision making, for such a young guy, is extremely impressive.

dunno. But I'm just saying, if LFC continues to miss out on CL football by the time he makes it big, you never know...

If City, Chelsea or one of the Spanish top 2 make a bid for him, he may wanna leave.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 am

Maybe to the Spanish 2, but he's fallen in love with the Kop, I don't see him moving to another team in England.

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am

RED wrote:

dunno. But I'm just saying, if LFC continues to miss out on CL football by the time he makes it big, you never know...

If City, Chelsea or one of the Spanish top 2 make a bid for him, he may wanna leave.
Thing is, we're giving him starts right now... We aren't going to start him every game, all season, but we can arguably offer him more starts than any other club in the top ten.

Even without improving on our recent upper mid-table finishes, we should be able to hang on to him for a while yet.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 am

The Messiah wrote:
JespSwe wrote:his game against city reminded me of David Alaba. he needs to keep up his good work. but impressive game against mancity

lol, Ok I am not even going to bring him down, but he's not up to Alaba level, but I like him a lot and I wish Bayern Munich signed him 2 season ago instead of Jennings.

But nevertheless we have Noah.

well i was just referring to that particular game against mancity, when he was bursting up and down the flank like alaba defending well, and making great crosses, unfortunately borini didnt capitalize.

he is very promising but have to wait and see... who knows...

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:When have we let go of a WC prospect before???

He's just joined Stoke City.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:06 am

ynwa wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:When have we let go of a WC prospect before???

He's just joined Stoke City.

WC prospect!!! When he left us he was already an established player, no longer a prospect. And I can safely say that he was past his best and no longer WC at that time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 am

He was still very young when he left and a "WC prospect" in my eyes. Was definitely not an established player even though he did play a lot of games.

Saying that, he would of been banging them in if he stayed. He just couldn't say no to RM (not many players can't) which utlimately ruined his career.

Really hope we can keep hang of Sterling, and I feel we will as he loves the club and the city. He's at the age of just wanting to play first team football, and I highly doubt he'd leave now after just breaking in.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next