EarlyPrototype
Blue Barrett
poolsupporter
fatman123
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whose betrayal was worse?

Whose betrayal was worse? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Whose betrayal was worse? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Whose betrayal was worse? - Page 2 Vote_lcap86%Whose betrayal was worse? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 30 ]

Total Votes : 35

Whose betrayal was worse? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whose betrayal was worse?

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Dutti wrote:"betrayal"..... hmm

That's a strong word for a player transfer which is normal in football.

I don't remember United fans used the same word for Ronaldo.... hmm

DEL PIERO: Relegated with Juventus, fought until they won a title. VAN PER$HIT: One good season with Arsenal, joins bitter rivals. hmm

Legend and one of the greatest
not all players are the same and van persie isnt half the player you compare him to

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 am

Well, its not like Del Piero had anywhere to go rather than stay with Juve. Noone was interested anyway.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Don't diss Del Piero because he is and was an amazing player. He was super loyal that's the reason he didn't leave?

Now that conte is gone is del Piero staying or still leaving? Any jive fans answer please. They should keep him, he can be a role player come in and play against the crappier teams in seria a (Milan an inter lol).
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:VAN PER$HIT: One good season with Arsenal, joins bitter rivals. hmm

this shit again Laughing

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t17729-van-persie

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t7461-whats-so-special-about-van-persie

arsenal fans were raging for years about how he's world class/best in the world, now he leaves and all of a sudden he's had one good season and arsenal were doing him a favour by keeping him Laughing

Last edited by che on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm

white_star wrote:Don't diss Del Piero because he is and was an amazing player. He was super loyal that's the reason he didn't leave?

Now that conte is gone is del Piero staying or still leaving? Any jive fans answer please. They should keep him, he can be a role player come in and play against the crappier teams in seria a (Milan an inter lol).

Del Piero is gone regardless of Conte
Unfortunately Sad

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

che wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:VAN PER$HIT: One good season with Arsenal, joins bitter rivals. hmm

this shit again Laughing

arsenal fans were raging for years about how he's world class/best in the world, now he leaves and all of a sudden he's had one good season and arsenal were doing him a favour by keeping him Laughing

Goal legacy arsenal fans lol they think each player signed a lifetime commitment contract with their team. No need to act like your wife left you.

white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

i agree, but not all fans have thick skin. arsenal fans are just too sensitive imo

Laughing

Comparing Ronaldo to Real Madrid with van Persie to Man Utd.

take ronaldo out of the quote.. or perhaps leave him in, but also put every other player who has traded up, the list is pretty endless.

giroud and podolski betrayed their clubs to join arsenal, same with gervinho, arteta, cazorla etc. etc. etc.

these are business transfers the sooner you guys stop the delusion that the only variable in a transfer is loyalty the sooner we will stop seeing posts hailing a player one day and vilifying him the next.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm

mtfootball wrote:Even if they're rivals or not, Chelsea and Man Utd have been competing for the title more than Arsenal and Liverpool. I mean it's not like someone moved from Chelsea-Man Utd or Man City to Man Utd.

fail
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

i agree, but not all fans have thick skin. arsenal fans are just too sensitive imo

Laughing

take ronaldo out of the quote.. or perhaps leave him in, but also put every other player who has traded up, the list is pretty endless.

giroud and podolski betrayed their clubs to join arsenal, same with gervinho, arteta, cazorla etc. etc. etc.

these are business transfers the sooner you guys stop the delusion that the only variable in a transfer is loyalty the sooner we will stop seeing posts hailing a player one day and vilifying him the next.

You fail to understand that Arsenal and Manchester United are bitter rivals, and Köln/Arsenal or Montpellier/Arsenal aren't.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:29 pm

trust me i understand the idea of trades between rivals as there have been many barca-madrid, madrid-barca transfers

but to just continue to this diatribe is a bit ridiculous you guys have been trashing him all summer. its time to get over it imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 pm

che wrote:

this shit again Laughing

So you telling we paid him every week for past 7 years while he was on the hospital bed because of the injure he got while away on NT duty, that's not a favor?
:facepalm:

Any other team would have sold his ass long time ago.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Laughing

You fail to understand that Arsenal and Manchester United are bitter rivals, and Köln/Arsenal or Montpellier/Arsenal aren't.

Spot ON!

Some people fail to understand the difference! for example comparing fabregas move from arsenal to barca and nasri's movie to City, clear difference which was more controversial for a clear reason!
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

Laughing

Spot ON!

Some people fail to understand the difference! for example comparing fabregas move from arsenal to barca and nasri's movie to City, clear difference which was more controversial for a clear reason!

really dude? what is your obsession with me. its unhealthy. after every post i make youre right there putting in youre stupid and overused memes, brown nosing other posters who disagree with me, etc. how about you make some of your own points for once.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:41 pm

People also need to take into account the importance of the player. Having a captain leave to go to a direct rival is substantially different than having a player who's been around for 3-4 years get sold. Even more so if the player has been with the team for a long time, as RVP has. There's an expectation of loyalty after a certain point, as ridiculous as that is.

If Kobe were to go out tomorrow and sign with the Celtics, that would be a little different than Rajon Rondo leaving to go to the Lakers (or to use a real life example, Ray Allen leaving to go to the Heat). Similarly, Song going to Barcelona or hell, even Nasri going to City is fundamentally different from RVP - the captain, and longtime gunner - going to a direct rival, historically and in terms of competition. I totally understand the anger, and will be very entertained to see the response he gets first time back to the Emirates.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 pm

well the captain argument has come up before but i just dont really see it. rvp was captain for 1 year. if you know his personality which everyone should by now he is not a leader. he is a brat with an attitude tbh.

also another point that fans continue to bring up is that he has been on the hospital bed for 7 years and has only had 1 good season. so arsenal fans can only have it 1 way- he can either be a leader/ longtime dedicated player/ important player/ captain who betrayed them. or a bratty player who had 1 good season and left. cant be both and i think a lot of fans are trying to fit him in both categories.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm

I don't feel either move was a betrayal as such, as the selling clubs did accept the deals.

That said, what's this about Torres not forcing a move? He handed in a transfer request with two days left in the window... after saying he wouldn't be leaving earlier that month.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I've already moved on.

Van persie is just someone... Somebody i used to know

Yeahhhhh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2