stevieg8
BeautifulGame
Nishankly
McAgger
Art Morte
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August Empty West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:26 am

It's tomorrow! The Premier League season begins tomorrow!!!

!!!

Aaaaand, as you know, it's the Hawthorns where we will be opening our league campaign.

West Brom actually finished just 5 points below us in 10th place.
Last season we won 0 - 2 in this fixture.

Notable summer transfers:

Liverpool out: Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio, Bellamy - - - in: Borini, Allen, Assaidi.
West Brom out: Cox, Scharner, Shorey, Tchoyi - - - in: Lukaku (loan), Rosenberg, El Ghanassy (loan), Yacob.

And of course managerial changes at both clubs, Brendan Rodgers in at Liverpool while our ex-assistant coach Steve Clarke has taken over at the Albion.

Starting line-ups anybody's guess. Should be a moderately difficult game, but we have more players who can give us the edge. Who do you think will feature for us from our new signings? Shall Carroll or Joe Cole have any part to play here?

Discuss!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 am

God the excitement is overwhelming, I've been barely able to sleep in the past couple of days. A MUST win game!!! I cannot stress that enough. I think the best news for us is that the whole squad is fit and BR has the whole team to choose from.

I don't expect us to play like we did against Gomel and Bayern at Anfield. Because BR has stated time and again that at home we'll play that attacking brand of football. However, away form home, I expect we just play for the result no matter how ugly and dirty, and I'm absolutely fine with that.

I predicted 1-0 for us in the Prediction thread and I'm sticking to it. I think once we get one goal, we'll sit back and use possession to tire WBA players out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

Already planned a big event. 10 of us going and occupying a tv room in the hostel before any of the mancs and chavs come. We got one guy who is *bleep* huge. He should do the trick. All of us skipping dinner. Very Happy

As for the game, I am really excited. Hopefully we can get of to a bright start, Considering we need a minimum of 7 points in the first five fixtures if we think we can have a go at the top4. Also interested in seeing if BR has covered the space that is left when the WB's go forward.

I stick with a good win for Liverpool. We need to win away games against relatively smaller clubs, Hopefully BR does that. Another signing by today and the mood will be good. Very Happy

Come on you Redmen!!!
cheers
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Lets hope we start with a decent performance and 3 points.Think we will line up like this:

Reina

Jhonson--------Skrtel----------Agger---------Enrique

Lucas------------------------------------------Allen

Gerrard

Dowing------------------Suarez-------------------Borini

Subs: Jones , Kelly , Carra / Coates , Henderson , Assaidi , Carroll , Sterling / Shelvy
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:02 am

Confirmed line-up for tomorrow.

PR
MK
MS
DA
GJ
LL
JA
SG
SD
LS
FB

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:06 am

Kelly getting started at RB, and Gleninho at LB....I like :bow:

How reliable is this source of yours?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:28 am

^ My sources, always, is Jay Spearing's f*ck buddy.

as long as she occasionally bangs Jay, and Jay is in LFC, you can rely on my info :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 am

Schweini wrote:^ My sources, always, is Jay Spearing's f*ck buddy.

as long as she occasionally bangs Jay, and Jay is in LFC, you can rely on my info :coffee:

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm7iHHihodJje4TRtSYAOJXE3eGKwsq9r2pfYqIcEn426wTcIEEVv62n0avA

I feel for her.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:03 am

Schweini wrote:Confirmed line-up for tomorrow.

PR
MK
MS
DA
GJ
LL
JA
SG
SD
LS
FB

whose JA?

im thinking WBA will go with a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 form against you and try play a similar style to Everton, which could make for an interesting game

also do you think at any time Borini will get a go at CF and Suarez will play wide?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 am

JA is Joe Allen..............Suarez and Borini interchanged their positions a bunch of times in the game against Gomel, I don't see why they wouldn't do it in this game.

If WBA actually do only play 2 CM in the middle, we'll dominate their midfield with Allen and Lucas.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:JA is Joe Allen..............Suarez and Borini interchanged their positions a bunch of times in the game against Gomel, I don't see why they wouldn't do it in this game.

If WBA actually do only play 2 CM in the middle, we'll dominate their midfield with Allen and Lucas.

Thats what i think too, but Albion have so many forwards who are going to demand game time now that i cant see them making it work with only one up top, although im thinking the two wide mids are going to play quite centrally to try crowd the midfeild, like everton have in the past
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 am

The orange big theory in training is the confirmed starting XI team? Really? lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:01 am

My line up:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas Henderson
Downing Gerrard Borini
Suarez

Subs: Jones, Jamie, Kelly, Shelvey, Allen, Andy and Oussami!

Don't think Allen will start his first game away. Especially after playing for Wales mid-week and only having 2 training sessions (no games) with the team. Henderson, Lucas and Gerrard should do the job in midfield.

Be great to play against Clarke too! Wish him well in this PL campaign, but not against us. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:10 am

I think your lineup is pretty much spot on, except if Allen doesn't start, then I see Shelvey getting the nod over Hendo. And maybe Joe Cole >> Assaidi on the bench, since the guy barely signed 12 hours ago.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:09 am

Four hours to pre match, So pumped up :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Starting Team, right there, for todays game

Sepi could be right hmm Kelly starting over Enrique

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool FC | 18 August Allen02_502f4fa3df802726874757
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Borini, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Carroll, Carragher, Cole.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/allen-starts-listen-live
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Starting Team, right there, for todays game

Sepi was right Shocked . . Enrique not included in the team not in subs either. . I guess he took holiday for his new born.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Enrique not even on the bench, is he injured? hmm

45 minutes until kick-off :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Fahim89 wrote:

Sepi was right Shocked . . Enrique not included in the team not in subs either. . I guess he took holiday for his new born.

Ah, okay.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Dirk Kuyt on Twitter: "I'd like to wish my former team LFC, my former team mates and of course the new manager Brendan Rogers all the best for the season. Y.N.W.A."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Dirk Kuyt on Twitter: "I'd like to wish my former team LFC, my former team mates and of course the new manager Brendan Rogers all the best for the season. Y.N.W.A."

Class. Love you Dirk!
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Ah, okay.

O my bad he has a swollen knee. . .

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho

Jose Enrique missing with a swollen knee so Martin Kelly comes in at full-back. Really like the look of this #LFC line up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 pm

@Beautifulgame & @Nishank: what the hell is wrong with ESPN & STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Gera!!! Zidanesque goal....Only with our luck that happens.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next