West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup |

+11
Arquitecto
TheRedStag
Helmer
Fahim89
donttreadonred
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
RedOranje
Red Alert
McAgger
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup | Empty West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup |

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm

About time i created a thread, Im pretty sure our winning streak is going to start this week or next and we wont stop until the January. Twisted Evil

Anyways.
Venue -

West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup | West-Brom-Albion-The-Hawthorns_1057992

Liverpool lost 3-0 in the last game they played here, We were here just about a month ago.
Im not confident we will win this, We might just knick it or it will go on penalties.

Team news-

Lucas, Borini, Kelly and Agger are out for this match.
Shelvey i think serves the first game of his three match ban? Please correct me if im wrong.
That leaves us pretty thin in the terms options in strike and defense both in this match as well as the Norwich game in the week end.

Expected team

Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Enrique, Hendo, Sahin, Suso, Assaidi, Downing, Yesil.

People who we could also see making the starting eleven are Sterling, Pacheco, Robinson, Flannagan.

Steve Clarke has been excellent so far for West Brom.

He has made them tactically organized as we can see they are in the top 4 of the league right now.
Also im thinking along the lines that his dismissal has been the reason our back line has been pretty shit this year.

Anyways, 2 days until this match, Cant wait for this match even though i expect Liverpool to be on the edge or possibly lose, I dont give a damn about this cup as well tbh. Razz

Come on you Reds,

YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup | Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup |

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm

NISHY :bow: :bow: I've been wondering when you'll start making matchday threads again.

I actually want us to win this cup again. Any trophy is good for the club and a confidence booster for the players.

I pretty much agree with your line up. I really cant wait to see Yesil again and some more of Suso. Should be cracker, we will definitely avenge our 3-0 loss.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup | Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool | 26th September 20.00 BST | Capital one cup |

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 am

Has the Carling Cup been renamed to the Capital One Cup?

I'd go with with the youngers. Whilst cups are an important figure in football, I don't think we have enough depth to play competitive as we have an eye in the league and Europe. I'd much rather concentrate on the FA cup also. Have not won it since Gerrard's final. Razz

No disrespect to the CC, we won it last year - it's a great competition but with only one senior striker at the club, and with injuries being a key part in my decision, I don't think this would be a suitable way to field a strong side.

That's no disrespect to the youth, they have shown tremendous strides in the last couple of seasons, they might even snatch a win and they may even put themselves into the managers plans - just like how Sterling, Shelvey and Suso have done. Kelly too, before that injury.

Downing and Cole have gone down the pecking order. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:12 am

ynwa wrote:Has the Carling Cup been renamed to the Capital One Cup?

Yes it has. New sponsorship.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 am

RedOranje wrote:
ynwa wrote:Has the Carling Cup been renamed to the Capital One Cup?

Yes it has. New sponsorship.

Ah, okay. Your views on the game? Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 am

It will be tough. There will be a winner and a loser. The winner will be happy. The loser won't.

Hopefully Yesil plays.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 am

Fair play. Razz

Really hoping Yesil plays. Look's promising judging from fans reactions from both Leverkusen and some LFC fans that have seen him play. I missed the u/21 game. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:00 am

Better just call it the League Cup. Carling Cup sounded fine but Capital One Cup sounds a little retarded.

Should be interesting to see what sort of team goes out there. Will Suarez play is probably the biggest question.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 am

ynwa wrote:

Downing and Cole have gone down the pecking order. Laughing

I completely forgot about Cole. Shocked
Yes he is in contention as well guys if fit.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 am

I wouldn't really mind if Cole and Downing got a run out in this game. It's important to blend in some experience with youngsters in these types of games. If we lose no biggy but if we win it'll be a bonus.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:10 pm

How long are Borini and Agger out.Any definitive news on their injuries.

Hopefully Yesil and Suso start.Our front players really need to start scoring.

With the match at Hawthorns it is really going to be a tough start to our defense of the trophy.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Martin Kelly is likely to be out of action for a significant period of time after scans revealed he suffered an ACL rupture of his right knee during the match against Manchester United on Sunday.

The England international will now require ACL reconstruction.

Meanwhile, fellow defender Daniel Agger, who was stretchered off the pitch 13 minutes before Kelly limped out of action, has suffered a significant bone bruise to the left knee.

No ligament damage was sustained but further tests will be carried out before it can be established when he will be able to return to training.

To add to Brendan Rodgers' woes, Fabio Borini has considerable swelling to the inner aspect of his right ankle though no fracture was detected on the X-ray.

The club's medical staff will wait for the swelling to reduce before an MRI scan can take place tomorrow to assess any soft tissue damage and determine when he may be able to return to playing.

BG that's basically all the info that LFC website is giving us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am

Line up confirmed:

Jones, Wisdom, Carra, Wilson, Robinson, Henderson, Sahin, Pacheco, Downing, Assaidi, Yesil

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 am

If that is the conformed line up then it means Coates and Suso are likely to start at the weekend. Overall good team selection and excited to see Yesil get a start
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 am

How is it confirmed? There's 12+ hours before the game starts? scratch
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 am

ynwa wrote:How is it confirmed? There's 12+ hours before the game starts? scratch
Yeah... this can't be "official". That's not to say I'm against it.
- Wilson needs a few appearances to prove whether or not he's going to be a viable option for the club. It also means that Coates is goign to replace Agger against Norwich, which I prefer to Carra. Carra is a great spot fix to provide experience for short term appearances.
- Happy to see Wisdom getting a run in the squad, but a little worried why we haven't seen Flanno much this season.
- Glad to see Robinson getting a run, and it means that Enrique will be coming into the squad at the weekend.
- Henderson and Sahin were expected, but I'm a little surprised to see Pacheco as the AM. Definitely means that Suso will be in the squad for the weekend, but I'm not sure if he will start or not.
-Assaidi and Downing could be great on the wings (well... I'm hopeful for Assaidi, at least.)
- This would be a perfect time to see Yesil get a shot in the first team. I would honestly be surprised to see him start the game, but I certainly would not be surprised to see him get a run-out at some point.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 am

If that's our line-up I'd expect WBA to give us another 3 - 0 trashing Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am

Youth Striker Jerome Sinclair might be considered as a Sub in this game beside Stephen Sama . . . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 pm

If Yesil starts, expecting at least one cracker from him tongue
i hope all these injuries are happening for good so that we will get to see the future talent in our academy football. Putting aside the reality about WBA this season, I want much of the youngsters to play and teach baggies a hard lesson !!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Liverpool: Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi, Yesil.

Subs: Gulacsi, Sama, Suso, Sterling, Wilson, Coady, Sinclair.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Downing part of the midfield three??

or are we going 4-4-2 with Yesil and Pacheco up top??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Whatever it is, it's a great line-up. I'm kind of worried as to what has happened to Flanno. Wisdom isn't even a natural RB and he's getting game time over him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 pm

i guess it can be 4-2-3-1...but not sure whether BR will go with such philosophy, it will be interesting to see in which combination they play...BR :bow:
for west brom, it seems mix of regular plus fringe players, i hope we win this one cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

HT 1-1
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Jerome Sinclair about to come in....16 years and 6 days old...Just breaks the record. He's our new younger=st ever player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next