37. Kayelden Brown
38. Saido Berahino

*as stated on PL website on 10/8/12

Pre-Season Results

Malmo FF 1-0 WBA
FC Copenhagen 0-3 WBA
Barnsley 0-0 WBA
Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 WBA
Pre-season results have been mixed so far although this can be expected due to interruptions due to both the Euros and Olympics as well as Steve Clarke introducing a new system as well as giving youth a run in all pre-season games.

2012/2013 Season
Upon first glance the opening fixtures appear to be quite hard on WBA with their first three games being at home to Liverpool, away to Spurs and then at home against Everton, although in comparison to last season’s schedule which saw WBA face Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal in their opening three fixtures this is much more favourable.

After a tough opening face an easier run of games against Reading(H), Villa(A) and QPR(H) before two more big games against City(H), Newcastle(A) and three weeks later Chelsea(H) in mid November. After this period WBA enter the "Christmas rush" with several winnable games against the likes of West Ham(H), Norwich(H), QPR(A), Swansea(A) and Stoke(H), although as is the cliché in football , results in this period will ultimately come down to fitness, rotation, squad depth and momentum.

Due to the influx of home games in the early part of the season WBA face several away games in the back end of the season against the like of Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea, although with the off-season recruitments it doesn’t seem beyond the reach of WBA to better last season’s 47 point haul and 10th place finish in 11/12. Interestingly WBA may play a key role in the title race as they face Manchester United at home on the last day of the season, and if history proves anything, this could be the most important game in Manchester United season.

WBA's full fixture list for the 12/13 season are aviailable here
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion Thread Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion Thread

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 am

Our first game is against them. Their danger men are Shane Long and Odemwingie. We need all three points from this game. There's is no room for error with every top team getting better, so every game against teams like WBA is a MUST win.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am

By the way, I heard some weeks ago that West Brom was interested in Michael Rensing - does anyone here know why that transfer never came to pass?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:05 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Our first game is against them. Their danger men are Shane Long and Odemwingie. We need all three points from this game. There's is no room for error with every top team getting better, so every game against teams like WBA is a MUST win.

Its definately a must win for you guys, although for WBA a draw is a good result for them on the first day of the season against a bigger club, i could see them playing with just Odemwingie up top and trying to crowd the midfield.

Although if they start Shane Long (or he comes off the bench of course) i cna see his pace giving cara some real trouble and of course WBA have Rosenberg who ive never watched before but from what ive read, hes a big CF whose good in the air, which is really the perfect player to have up top when youre playing for the draw.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 am

fatman123 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Our first game is against them. Their danger men are Shane Long and Odemwingie. We need all three points from this game. There's is no room for error with every top team getting better, so every game against teams like WBA is a MUST win.

Its definately a must win for you guys, although for WBA a draw is a good result for them on the first day of the season against a bigger club, i could see them playing with just Odemwingie up top and trying to crowd the midfield.

Although if they start Shane Long (or he comes off the bench of course) i cna see his pace giving cara some real trouble and of course WBA have Rosenberg who ive never watched before but from what ive read, hes a big CF whose good in the air, which is really the perfect player to have up top when youre playing for the draw.

Well the good thing is that Carra won't be starting or playing for that matter. His days are past him and he's our 4th choice CB, so no worries about his pace.

Of all these overrated British players that we have signed, I wish one of them was Shane Long. The guy is a f*cking beast. He almost always scored against us, even from his days in Reading. Would have been a better signing than Downing or Charlie Adam.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:04 pm

rwo power wrote:By the way, I heard some weeks ago that West Brom was interested in Michael Rensing - does anyone here know why that transfer never came to pass?

Because WBAs first choice GK from last season, Ben foster, was only on loan West Brom sounded out Rensing incase they couldnt sign Foster in a permanent deal although once they singed up Foster Rensing became unecesseary
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Of all these overrated British players that we have signed, I wish one of them was Shane Long. The guy is a f*cking beast. He almost always scored against us, even from his days in Reading. Would have been a better signing than Downing or Charlie Adam.

I'm more then willing to go out on a limb and say Shane Long really can be the next big thing in PL football, if only someone would give him a decent run in the first team, Long had a great return last season but Woy never gave him a fair run

Much like you said he'd be great at Liverpool and id love him at Chelsea too and his home grown status is just an added plus

of course if you talk to an of the Chelsea fans on the forum theyd tell you how long ive been talking up Shane Long to them, which is true, although its not on regular occasion i hype up a player, coincidently the last two players i hyped were Miroslav Stoch and Fabio Borini, both of which imo should still be wearing the Chelsea blue along with Scott Sinclair, but such is football

Cara falling down the pecking order is good to hear for Liverpool, hes cost you a fair few points in the last season or so, and its good someone whose been so big for the club can accept a new and less important role at a club he was once the corner stone of, in a way its sad to see a legen reduced to this, but good one him for pushing on
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 pm

I don't remember you mentioning Shane Long once before... Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:35 pm

fatman123 wrote:
rwo power wrote:By the way, I heard some weeks ago that West Brom was interested in Michael Rensing - does anyone here know why that transfer never came to pass?
Because WBAs first choice GK from last season, Ben foster, was only on loan West Brom sounded out Rensing incase they couldnt sign Foster in a permanent deal although once they singed up Foster Rensing became unecesseary
Ah, I see. Thanks Smile
Pity for Michael Rensing - he's a fine lad, but he's surplus at Köln because they want to put their trust in their youth keeper Timo Horn in the 2nd Bundesliga (plus Horn is way cheaper).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:41 am

Lukaku has joined WBA on aseason long loan, please tell me they will play two strikers?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:36 am

Fatman has been talking up Shane long for the past 2 seasons at least
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 am

Kick wrote:Lukaku has joined WBA on aseason long loan, please tell me they will play two strikers?

they never did under Woy, but now theyve got four strikers who are good enough for the first team.

Under Woy they played 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and played down the flanks, so my guess is they might go for a 4-4-1-1 system so they can maintain their width and play any combination of Luaku/Rosenburg with Long/Odenwigie (ie big a little) up front together

thats my guess anyway, although during pre season theyve played 4-3-3 in every game except for their first friendly where they played 4-4-2 and in their most recent friendly (which was dominated by first team players) where again they played 4-4-2 and got one of their best result of the pre-season, a 2-0 win over forrest
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 am

Kick wrote:Lukaku has joined WBA on aseason long loan, please tell me they will play two strikers?

and look whose taking note of Shane Long all of a sudden Razz
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 am

fatman123 wrote:

Lukaku - Odenwigie

as a front two. :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 am

Kick wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Lukaku - Long

WBA for the Europa League spot :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 am

fatman123 wrote:
Kick wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Lukaku - Long

WBA for the Europa League spot :bow:

Doesn't matter if they make EL, Atletico will just knock them out :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:05 am

Kick wrote:Doesn't matter if they make EL, Atletico will just knock them out :coffee:

West Bromwich Albion Thread 7y7zv3t
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 am

fatman123 wrote:
Kick wrote:Doesn't matter if they make EL, Atletico will just knock them out :coffee:

West Bromwich Albion Thread 7y7zv3t

Pretty good Demo of What Atleti will do to WBA should they make EL. Just shut the door on them. :coffee:

In all honesty, where do you think WBA will finish and what signings do they need before the window closes?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Lukaku should be one damn good signing
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Nice to hear that Lukaku joined the Albion, should make West Brom a little more interesting to watch. Also, what are the chances of him scoring the winner against us on the opening day... Rolling Eyes
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:14 am

Kick wrote:In all honesty, where do you think WBA will finish and what signings do they need before the window closes?

Its not easy to say really because Steve Clarke is one massive question mark for me atm. Imo Woy was the perfect manager for WBA and if they still had him i could see them breaking into the top 10 without challenging for EL spot though, although with a new manager, and on top of that one whose never managed before theres alot of mystery

Another thing is i get the feeling theres going to be a tactical overhaul at WBA as under Woy they usually played with one up top and crowded the middle of the park, although as i said earlier theyve now got four forwards who are going to demand minuted which imo will force them to play two up front and more then likely a 4-4-2 system.

As far as a 4-4-2 goes i think theyve got a fine DM in Mulumbu although i would be more comfortable if they had a more end-to-end creative CM to partner him in the middle although i dont know if we'll see that. In terms of width their wingers arent great but arent terrible either, but with the likes of Brunt and Morrison they'll be ok. Their backlin should be alright too, Craig Dawson is a proising CB whose played a bit in friendlies since coming back from the Olympics, and although another more attacking fullback would be ideal i dont think its a necessaity

In terms of furhter transfer actvity i doubt we'll see any as usually when a club of WBAs size and financial power starts bringing in loan signings it means they're shutting up shop for that window, but im sure theres still a few Bosman opportunities floating aorund so you never know
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 am

CHRIS Brunt is hoping international action with Northern Ireland on Wednesday will help increase his chances of being involved in Albion’s Barclays Premier League opener with Liverpool on Saturday (ko 3pm).

The Baggies skipper got 21 minutes under his belt as a substitute in Friday’s 2-0 friendly win at Nottingham Forest – his first pre-season action of the summer due to a calf injury.

And a frustrated Brunt is now eager to get more game time under his belt against Finland in Belfast to boost his fitness.

It was nice to get on the pitch,” he said.

“It’s been a bit of a rubbish pre-season for me.

“It’s never nice to miss any of it but when you miss a lot of it it takes its toll.

“It’s nice to get a run-out – and I got a bit longer than I was expecting.

“I’ll probably know more about where my fitness levels are on Wednesday when I play for Northern Ireland.

“I’ll hopefully get a good week’s training under my belt and get few more minutes in the international.

“I’d like to be involved on Saturday but that will be down to the gaffer.”

He added: “For a lot of the lads it’s probably not the best time for internationals.

“But for me, after missing almost every pre-season friendly, it’s a good time to get a few minutes under my belt.

“I’m looking forward to it.

“The calf felt okay so, touch wood, I can keep progressing with it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefuly Brunt will be back for the Liverpool game, it would be a massive boost for west brom if he can play even just the first hour or so
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm

WBA VS LFC
*West Brom conceded the joint-most penalties in the 2011-12 Premier League (9)

*Liverpool were the first team to miss five penalties in a single Premier League season since 1998/99 (six taken in total).
Rolling Eyes
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:11 am

Yassine El Ghanassy Looks like a talent.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 am

Sina wrote:WBA VS LFC
*West Brom conceded the joint-most penalties in the 2011-12 Premier League (9)

*Liverpool were the first team to miss five penalties in a single Premier League season since 1998/99 (six taken in total).
Rolling Eyes

stewert downing couldnt even score a PK vs Hilario at Anfield :bow:

RealGunner wrote:Yassine El Ghanassy Looks like a talent.

he looks very dangerous and WBA have a clause to buy at the end of the season too. i think we'll only see him on the wing though as Albion already have alot of strikers.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next