The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Sergio Busquests vs Yaya Toure Empty Re: Sergio Busquests vs Yaya Toure

Post by jibers Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 am

Not really. Busquets is more of a DM and Yaya is more of a b2b. Yaya is more dynamic and is better at attcking, Busquets is better at defending. Busquets listened to pep's tactical instructions, Yaya boomed forward and left gaps in the back.

if you want a DM, Busquets is superior. yaya is more dynamic and is wasted at DM. Best cm in the prem by some distance
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 am

i dont think they are comparable. like jibbers said yaya is more of a b2b CM.

though i do have a hard time calling busquets a DM because of how barca play he isnt really used as a true DM, the best way i can describe him is a holding midfielder i guess would be the best term.

overall i think yaya is the better player but busquets is a far better fit for barca's style of play because he has great positional sense, and plays smart, simple passes and most importantly knows his place, he doesnt try to do anything he isnt capable of.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 am

vanDEEZ wrote:i dont think they are comparable. like jibbers said yaya is more of a b2b CM.

though i do have a hard time calling busquets a DM because of how barca play he isnt really used as a true DM, the best way i can describe him is a holding midfielder i guess would be the best term.

overall i think yaya is the better player but busquets is a far better fit for barca's style of play because he has great positional sense, and plays smart, simple passes and most importantly knows his place, he doesnt try to do anything he isnt capable of.

If he does not do anything he is, supposedly, not capable of, then how do you know he is not capable of it?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 am

he doesnt have the best technique on the ball, hes not the dribbling, killer pass making, ball driving player maybe some believe him to be. he is a holding midfielder who has fantastic positioning and defensive awareness who is good at distributing the ball and being the start of play and being the connection between the defense and midfield. and that is what he does.

maybe my original terminology was wrong but what i think i mean to say is that hes not doing anything superfluous of his duty/ what he needs to do.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 am

vanDEEZ wrote:he doesnt have the best technique on the ball, hes not the dribbling, killer pass making, ball driving player maybe some believe him to be. he is a holding midfielder who has fantastic positioning and defensive awareness who is good at distributing the ball and being the start of play and being the connection between the defense and midfield. and that is what he does.

maybe my original terminology was wrong but what i think i mean to say is that hes not doing anything superfluous of his duty/ what he needs to do.

He has awesome technique on the ball, one of the best in the world and dribbles really well too. So, i don't agree about that.

But i agree with everything else you said. He is one of the best midfielders playing the game today and he is an absolutely integral part in Barcelona's and Spain's set-up.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:41 pm

I'd rather have Toure in my team although it's clear Buscuets suited Pep's system better. I still don't consider him defensively solid anyway.
Plus Yaya has played in Olympiakos, so there...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AllDogsGoToHeaven Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 pm

jibers wrote:Not really. Busquets is more of a DM and Yaya is more of a b2b. Yaya is more dynamic and is better at attcking, Busquets is better at defending. Busquets listened to pep's tactical instructions, Yaya boomed forward and left gaps in the back.

if you want a DM, Busquets is superior. yaya is more dynamic and is wasted at DM. Best cm in the prem by some distance

I have to agree with this.
And Sergio has better passing.
AllDogsGoToHeaven
AllDogsGoToHeaven
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down