Rossoneri Ninja
Glory
Tomwin Lannister
LeBéninois
Kick
Art Morte
14 posters

Go down

Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure? Empty Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure?

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:23 am

Likes to and can shoot from distance, has some pretty good close control and dribbling skills, has got good game intelligence, can see and execute passes.

Yaya Toure has all of that - but I think so does Balotelli.

Toure is a midfielder and considered one of the best in the game. Balotelli is a striker who is struggling to play as a striker. Mario's movement, instincts in which way to play the game... They don't really seem like those of a star striker, even though he has got the talent, the potential to be a star player.

Should Balotelli be made a central midfield player?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure? Empty Re: Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure?

Post by Kick Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:32 am

Not if he wants to play CF. Otherwise he'll put even less effort in.

He'd probably be better off as a SS, at the least.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure? Empty Re: Should Balotelli become a Yaya Toure?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 am

No I don't think he can become a midfielder or a CAM which is what I think You're implying. Hopefully for him when Daniel Stu comes back, their understanding would be good and he could play behing him. I don't know why but I think a role like Anelka's at Chelsea might be a good idea.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:13 am

Midfielders have to actually move, so nah.

Doesn't have the attitude, and his attitude would be even shitter if he was told he'd be shafted to midfield
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 am

Short and simple - No
The stumbling block clearly is his attitude.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
The stumbling block clearly is his attitude.

This, added to his non-existent defensive abilities.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 am

I'll give you the same response I gave you in the Official Mario Balotelli thread:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36383p270-official-mario-balotelli-signs-for-liverpool#1314830

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 pm

As i've said before... until he develops a decent football brain and gives a consistent effort on the pitch, it doesn't matter where you play him. Also, moving from the attack to the midfield has never been done effectively from what i remember. It's just completely different. The movements, instincts, defensive requirements, mindset, etc.... it's all different.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Balo has no desire to work and needs to be fed the ball to have an impact. When he does get the ball he can do brilliant things if given some space and that's his strength. The problem is that when he is starved of supply he drops deep to get the ball, but then finds himself too far away from goal to create a chance or shoot. He has no will/energy/desire/ability to make movement off the ball when he is not in the attacking third and that means he is an unlikely candidate for an on-the-ball midfielder with additional defensive duties.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Good effort Art, creative thinking but sadly it wouldn't work.

People think gerrard has lost it and is hurting the team playing as a deeper midfielder.. I can't imagine balotelli there.. Gerrrard at 72 would work more in midfield than balo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:20 pm

The hate for Balotelli is real. Come on now...have you guys even watched one Liverpool game this season? For all his faults one thing he can't be faulted for is his workrate for us. He's been pressing, moving and working hard the entire time he's been at Liverpool.

Not to mention getting fouled a ridiculous amount, most of the time with no calls (probably because of his reputation).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Balotelli's work rate and attitude at Liverpool have been just fine. Center-forward is a position where it doesn't always help to run around aimlessly, even though people will then give such a player credit for their work rate.

For instance, I don't think Aguero is a particularly hard worker, but he knows when to explode into action.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm

There are three things people forget about Yaya that makes him way different from Balo.

1)When Yaya decides he wants to take a game over he quite frankly can do it in so many different ways it's scary. He can set up the set up man for the goal, he can directly assist the goal, he can score from devastating free kicks or shoot from long range or he can dribble in about 30 yards around and through a bunch of players and score.

2)Again, when he decides he want's to, it's pretty much impossible to take the ball from him and again when he want's to he can generally go take the ball off of anyone he wants.

3)He can play almost any position on the pitch through the middle. In big games I have seen him play CM, DM, CB and AM.

I like Balo as a player and think things would be going much different for him at Pool if Sturridge were playing. I think they can make a great partnership.

But his lazy and Yaya's lazy are two different types of lazy as I'm assuming that is where the similarities are being generated from, plus there both big guys? And Yaya other than the last 6 months has never really showed any lack of professionalism, the guy has really been a model professional footballer.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:25 am

and Torres should become a pirlo
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:29 pm

I think we just need Balo to gain some years. Experience is the only thing that can save him, IMO. Hopefully, he doesn't ruin himself further along the way. Might end up being the new Adriano in a sense.

Should be tried at AM at least. The coin is in the air.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down