chad4401
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
hrealmadrid
rsinatra
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar Empty Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:51 am

So, Santos' president said that 5 clubs have made offers for Neymar. He hasn't revealed the names, but apparently Chelsea and Real Madrid are indeed amongst them.

The crazy thing is that these clubs seem willing to pay the whole 45m euros for him!! And that's why the president has given them the go-ahead for them to talk to Neymar and his representatives.

However, he believes Neymar will want to stay at least until the end of the year, because of the Club World Cup (very important for South Americans). He also reminds people that, because the next WC will be in Brazil, it would be very good for his career to stay. If he does stay, and conquer more titles (including the CWC, the Olympics, and even the WC), he could then leave Brazil as a legend, more mature, and ready.

Also, his current salary is already European, he lives where he likes, near his friends, in a club where he's now more adored than ever, and so on.

But my opinion is that if there are clubs actually willing to pay the whole thing, he will most likely not resist the pressure and his own ambitions and will end up leaving in one year max. I really don't believe he will leave before the CWC, as no sane person would.

If RM really are among the clubs who made official offers, that's probably what he would choose. Or, actually, I don't know. Robinho is a good friend of Neymar's, and he keeps talking about how he's learnt from his wrong choices. I bet he'd talk Neymar out of going to Chelsea, that's for sure. And hopefully RM, he'd have no room there, would probably have no fans, he would become a nobody for a while. He needs to play and develop.

So, even when Brazilian clubs are getting smarter, setting high prices on their players to keep them, it is still up to the players themselves, and obviously they want to go to Europe. It's sad, really. If Santos managed to keep the whole team (like a European club might be able to), with a few more additions and we would be a real top class team, among the best in the world. But as soon as we impress people, as soon as we win big titles, come the European crows and destroy us.

Jonathan is probably off to Inter.

Danilo to Benfica..

Ganso might leave after the CWC... now even Neymar is a real possibility.

I won't be surprised if soon our GK gets an offer from Europe too..

Arouca has also attracted the attention...

Zé Eduardo and Maikon Leite have left.

Alan Patrick is probably going to Shakhtar..

And so on.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep some of them. And properly replace the ones who leave. We do create awesome stars.

ANYWAY, here's the source, in Portuguese: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/santos/noticia/2011/06/santos-admite-cinco-propostas-oficiais-de-europeus-por-neymar.html

Last edited by rsinatra on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar Empty Re: Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 am

That list is ridiculous wow. Yes I agree he should stay for another year. Would be awesome to see them win the club world cup.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar Empty Re: Santos admit 5 official offers for Neymar

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 am

If we dont pull out he is going to sign with us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:58 am

I'll say it again.. Neymar will want to go to Spain or Italy. No sane Brazilian, with his style of play, would want to go to England... waaaaaaaaaaay too risky, waaay too different.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:02 am

I love Neymar but I can't see where he fits in at Madrid unless we bench Di Maria which I'm not too fussed about lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am

exactly.. why do Real Madrid want him? Can anyone tell me? Neymar is not a 9, he has to play on the wing, sometimes more in the middle if necessary. Really, where? I can see Chelsea could use him, but no EPL for Neymar please.

Could it be an Italian club? I would love to see Neymar and Ganso playing on the same team, wherever it is. AC Milan would be beautiful, my favorite team in Europe. But they don't need him, and they wouldn't be able to afford both.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 am

rsinatra wrote:exactly.. why do Real Madrid want him? Can anyone tell me? Neymar is not a 9, he has to play on the wing, sometimes more in the middle if necessary. Really, where? I can see Chelsea could use him, but no EPL for Neymar please.

Could it be an Italian club? I would love to see Neymar and Ganso playing on the same team, wherever it is. AC Milan would be beautiful, my favorite team in Europe. But they don't need him, and they wouldn't be able to afford both.

i wish i could give you mourinho's personal number, but i can only speak of our interest.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:25 am

I would prefer to see him at Milan with Ganso too
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:56 am

I think Madrid want to buy him so no one gets the Next Big Thing, and they make sure it's them who's got it. Their Messi, in a way. I'm sure they'll offload whatever players they have to to accomodate him. They've done it before.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:11 am

Sushi Master wrote:I think Madrid want to buy him so no one gets the Next Big Thing, and they make sure it's them who's got it. Their Messi, in a way. I'm sure they'll offload whatever players they have to to accomodate him. They've done it before.

yeah the "kid in a candy store" mentality is gonna haunt us in the end
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:13 am

As long as we have smart and focused people guiding us, im not too worried.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 am

Who the feck are the other mad teams.I can understand Chelsea and Madrid being willing to spend 45 mil on Neymar as they can afford it but who are the other clubs.The only other club i can think of is PSG.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:21 am

that's just for drama Smile

maybe Inter and city? dont think barca is pressing the issue, which is why perez will be happy to wind up rosell with one of his fav players
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:01 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
rsinatra wrote:exactly.. why do Real Madrid want him? Can anyone tell me? Neymar is not a 9, he has to play on the wing, sometimes more in the middle if necessary. Really, where? I can see Chelsea could use him, but no EPL for Neymar please.

i wish i could give you mourinho's personal number, but i can only speak of our interest.

lol ur not his representative, u always talk as if things are official.... :arrow: :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:18 am

coffee is good? have a bone to pick?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:24 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Who the feck are the other mad teams.I can understand Chelsea and Madrid being willing to spend 45 mil on Neymar as they can afford it but who are the other clubs.The only other club i can think of is PSG.

Man City
Chelsea
Real Madrid
PSG
Malaga

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:26 am

no who drinks cofee with bones? :?:

:geek:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 am

Would love to see him go to Chelsea and get punished weekly by the likes of Cattermole, De Jong, and Henry.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 am

anzi is one of the clubs imagine neymar going to russia
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:13 am

The teams are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Anzhi Makhachkala.

All clubs are thought to have offered the buy out clause and all clubs can now talk to Neymar. Personally I think Real Madrid is the best destination for him. City and Chelsea are in the EPL, Anzhi is mad for trying to get him and Barca seem focused on getting Sanchez.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 am

From the Santos coach himself

"I have a bit of fear for Neymar in Madrid and that the same thing happens to him that happened to Kaka," he said.

"Madrid is very different from Santos. I do not know if he will be free on the field, because Jose Mourinho likes much tactical work, he does not leave you to play."

Ignorance is bliss it seems?

I guess he feels Neymar will get injured for long periods of time and fail to play at his best and therefore earn himself a spot on the starting 11. Talk about having no faith.

Jose does not leave you to play? A team that has scored more goals than any other in Europe?

If he wasn't the Santos coach I would think he was part of these forums with those sort of comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 am

if he thinks neymar is gonna go someplace where he can do whatever he wants, then he is sorely mistaken.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 am

I am sure that Mou doesn't want Neymar for tactical reasons, 45 million for the biggest talent in the world.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 pm

If there's anything that might happen to Neymar at RM, that is similar to Kaká's story, is that he'll have a hard time getting a spot. Especially with Mourinho in charge. I really don't think he'll be giving him a good playing time except for some 20 minute cameos and Copa del Rey matches... Neymar needs more than that.

I personally think Barcelona would fit him best, because their style is more similar to Santos when it comes to passing the ball. He could definitely take Pedro's position haha!

Anyway, yes, the clubs are thought to be "Real Madrid and Chelsea, in addition to Barcelona, Manchester City and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala are the teams that will fight for his signature."

City and Anzhi Makhachkala are out of the question, I don't even know why they'd try.

No offense to Chelsea fans, but if it is really RM and Barca who have made the other offers, I doubt Neymar would choose the EPL.

I must say that Mourinho and Guardiola could be good mentors, as in teaching Neymar to only be flashy in the right times, etc.

BUT I hope he stays at the best team there is for him: Santos. Very Happy

Because, in the end, it's not about him going to a place where he can do whatever he wishes, it's about him going to a place where he feels as good as he does at Santos right now, with the fans and stuff. That is VERY , VERY hard to beat, as he has led to our first Libertadores title since Pelé, probably becoming our biggest hero after the King.

Last edited by rsinatra on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Barca will get Sanchez so I doubt they will pay 35-40 for Sanchez, 35 for Cesc and 45 for Neymar.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next