Ganso
Forza
Casciavit
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Formation and Tactics - Page 4 Empty Re: Formation and Tactics

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Before i say anything.. Casciavit , sorry man i couldn't help myself , your first lineup in this thread made me chuckle , seriously Laughing The amount of wrong in it is absurd Laughing Though i get at the time things were different.. anyway , i am sure you can do better than that

Now to the point. Let's have a good look at the formations . Whilst our possesion and defensive tactics can't possibly change , there are reports which suggest that Berlusconi demanded Allegri to go back in the 4-1-2-1-2 formation , mainly because his football knowledge doesn't go beyond formations and star players Laughing .

Whilst i am no Van Gaal or any tactical mastermind , it's not that absurd of an idea , actualy , just put aside for a moment it came from Silvio lol. I've read some bits here and there about how the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-3-3 are pretty much the same , when in reality that's not true , if i were to be cynic , well not even close really.

The only system which is very much alike next to the 4-3-3 , is the 4-1-2-1-2 . The 4-3-3 , is basicaly a diamond midfield with wingers. Allegri did the correct thing by adding width to our game since after Ibra and Cassano left and we only got Pazzo and Bojan , we didn't have the same quality centraly and he had to balance our game and it's not a coincedence he chose the 4-3-3 in the end to do this. Now , the are two big differences between them ;

#1. The wingers
#2. The central forward

#1 . The difference next to 4-1-2-1-2 is in the build up play , not in the final third really ; the central midfielders have exactly the same job in both systems , especialy on their defensive duties , with one important difference , in the 4-1-2-1-2 they usualy look to assist their #10 to drive the ball/assist/keep possesion with them , whilst if they play in the 4-3-3 , they will inevitably look to create from the wings and send the ball to the wingers and then drive the ball/assist/keep possesion. Now here's the case , once the ball ends up in the final third and the players are trying to find space to enable openings in the penalty area , it has no significant difference . Whether it is fullbacks who act as wingers or formal wingers or one of the 2 forwards that will occupy the space near one of the sides , it's the same thing. What they do from there it's down to tactics / opposition / individual brilliance , however , that a player will be there no matter what formation is evident , since it has to do with tactics and so one has to inevitably ask himself ;

Since our wingers in Boateng who's not that creative in assisting , Niang who's lolworthy if he doesn't have 50m to run at , Robinho and Bojan who are on the go and our only real threat is Ses , why stick with the 4-3-3 in the first place ?We don't have the depth in the wings , we don't even have a replacement for Ses if Robinho is leaving. It worked great so far , because mainly Montolivo/Ses had the best season of their careers and made it a lot easier for everyone to do their jobs up front or in the sides. Yet it's not enough if we want to compete . You can't possibly expect Montolivo or El Sharaawy to do this forever , run for two players and play for two roles at the same time. It's not a coincedence they were exhausted near the end of the season , even Prandelli realised that immediately. The same job can be done within the 4-1-2-1-2 since our fullbacks in De Sciglio-Abate-Constant are pretty fast and good going forward(Abate less) , they should act very well as wingers and at any given time , either Ses or Balotelli can also provide more than sufficiend width when it comes to that , since they utilise the wings very well . Not only that , but their best game comes from finishing chances and the best place on the field to do this , is having a central position.

#2 . The central forward is Balotelli. Finaly one-of-us-Mario realised his destiny and joined Milan Proud . He's capable of playing in a 4-3-3 , as he proved for fun in the 2nd half of the season. Yet , here's the case and my main point really , in why the 4-1-2-1-2 should be our next formation ;

4-3-3

:Player - Player - Player

Player - Player

Player

4-1-2-1-2 :

Player - Player

Player

Player - Player

Player

Take Barcelona and Milan . The spearhead of their diamond , is Messi and you know his game i assume . Unfortunately , we don't have a Messi , even though the 4-3-3 doesn't have to do with a Messi in one's team, it has to do with your best central player up front. Milan has Balotelli , who's more suited inside the area , his best game comes from inside the area and so he plays a canonical CF role , despite being capable of playing outside of it and with the 4-3-3 allowing him that option. In the final third and in his goalscoring duties he's bossing. Having that said , whenever Balotelli drops further back to play as a false 9 or even as #10 sometimes when further behind in the middle , it doesn't work like it should. And it doesn't because El Sharaawy doesn't benefit from his game and that's of vast importance. Ses needs a real ten to help him out , a #10 which plays as a #10 one who drives the ball and inevitably draws defenders to him and thus making space for Ses , so Ses can either cut inside and assist the CF / immediately assist the CF OR run at a through pass like he did with Boateng against Inter and score ;

Ses is a second striker who has the speed of a winger , the drive of an attacking midfielder and the finishing abilities of a pure 9 , we can't have Balotelli hinder such a player , even though he doesn't do it on purpose , it's just what his game is.

Balotelli doesn't look to help Ses when he finds himself as the spearhead of the diamond , because it's not in his game to do this. He could , but he won't , he is either capable of keeping possesion for a better constructed attack to develop or dribbling past his player and shoot from distance to score.Ses has suffered from that and it's noone's fault and i'll prove it in a sec. It's not a coincedence El Sharaawy didn't score near as much at the 2nd half of the season and people begun to question their co operation since Balo joined. Having all that said , here's the deal . Balo-Ses have showed what they can do up front with the Azzuri , but they do it in the diamond within the 4-1-2-1-2 , not in a 4-3-3 which is just a plan B for Prandelli. One big reason for that and i am 100% he knows this , is because of Balotelli and Ses. Many questioned why he doesn't use the 4-3-3 instead and it's because of this , they work waaay better with having someone playing a #10 role behind them and that allows them to cooperate actualy , since they can either assist each other or score for themselves , it works like a charm when they have that player who can assist them or open up space for them.

You may ask , why didn't Allegri chang formation when Balo came. Here's why , because these stuff don't just change mid season , unless you have big issues. In this season , we already changed from 4-1-2-1-2 , to 4-2-3-1 , to 3-4-3 and then to 4-3-3. It took it's toll and we lost so many points because players and tactics changed all the time. Allegri knew what will happen with Ses when Balo came , i'am 199% of this , but since he didn't want to risk everything now that things were working better , he threw everything to allow Balotelli to make an impact. That hindered Ses though Allegri wasn't an idiot when he kept saying " i am satisfied from Ses and he only needs to keep working" e.t.c. Montolivo tried to fill the trequartista role when possible , so both Ses and Balo could benefit , but since he has to play his DPL role AND his defensive duties on top of that , he couldn't do it all the time , that's what i meant runs for two and plays for two roles. Besides , it's not enough anyway , for all his quality this season.

So . From Berlusconi's last words , it's evident he felt Allegri was doing it wrong and he wanted to change coach , one reason is this one and it's crystal clear now. But i am sure once Galliani actualy informed Berlu about the case and when they both sat down and talked and cleared things out , he kept him. He says their relationship has always been cordial minor some differences , well that was the biggest one . Allegri's thesis on football has to do with a #10 , it's known , both on theory and since the begginings of this season , always had to do with a #10. Allegri would and will change the formation and it will be for the best. Especialy if reinforcements come in the middle and we buy a real #10 , we will kick ass next season with a better midfield , stabilised defensive work and Ses-Balo having way better means to cooperate and better understanding between them.

There's more to be said about the similarities of the two formations really , despite the length of this post i can go on much further Laughing and if this thread has any future i definitely will , yet i will leave the rest aside for now. Truth is , it's for the best to scrap the current formation to our well known 4-1-2-1-2 , since we have the depth for it and not only that , but it will allow us to spend some money more on the axis , since we won't be looking to add depth to our wingers , which aren't of the best quality anyway . With regards to the forwards , we will be more than ok with Pazzo and dat scrub Niang having the chance to develop in his normal formation . Saponara and Petagna will idealy better Robinho's and Bojan's replacements , allowing even more fund for transfers and our youth policy to continue , with the great bonus of Petagna coming from our own ranks.

If really Berlusconi wants the 4-1-2-1-2 , then for once he was right yet that makes him clueless as well , because he could just ask Allegri why he does what he does , instead of making all that. Truth be told , i will have great expectations from next season if Traore-Nocerino-Ambrosini are leaving. Not only we can keep Boateng , but if we buy Poli and 1 reliable #10 , we will kick serious ass next season and it's to our advantage that Galliani , Berlusconi and Allegri are on the same page again. It might as well work if Galliani does his fkn job like he used to Laughing

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Well to be fair this was made back in August. We lost a lot of players and SES still wasn't starting and the lineup was based on Juve's 3-5-2.

So I'm not sure what's the point of backtracking, since this was made back in August Laughing

Eh feel free to laugh.

Last edited by Casciavit on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Your post is higher than the Wall in GoT tongue

Anyways, brilliant post Dante you raised some great points, i do agree that SES has all the qualities to play in the middle

Although my concern with the the diamand 4-3-1-2 that Berlu proposed is that the formation doesn't offer any width, bar the fullbacks

I know we have fixed the fullback problem now and all, but i just despise our current setup of 4-3-1-2, it requires us to play so narrow. Back then during the Ancelotti days it was great because we had a plethora (Just learned that word, thanks Sherlock) of technical players. So unless we get more creative options, then i dont think it'll suit our needs.

I just think that we should stick with the 4-3-3 for a bit and then we can evaluate our options, it worked great for us so far. Could use some tweaking maybe, but we'll have to see first

Other than that you raised a great point on ES Dante Thumbs up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Your post is higher than the Wall in GoT tongue

Anyways, brilliant post Dante you raised some great points, i do agree that SES has all the qualities to play in the middle

Although my concern with the the diamand 4-3-1-2 that Berlu proposed is that the formation doesn't offer any width, bar the fullbacks

I know we have fixed the fullback problem now and all, but i just despise our current setup of 4-3-1-2, it requires us to play so narrow. Back then during the Ancelotti days it was great because we had a plethora (Just learned that word, thanks Sherlock) of technical players. So unless we get more creative options, then i dont think it'll suit our needs.

I just think that we should stick with the 4-3-3 for a bit and then we can evaluate our options, it worked great for us so far. Could use some tweaking maybe, but we'll have to see first

Plethora is a Greek word , knew it since forever :coffee: anyway Got wall , ES Laughing ,

Well , if we don't get the midfielders we need , then i guess there's the possibility to keep it , but Ses won't have a much different next season than what he did in the 2nd half of this season , i can guarantee you this and it's a major issue.When Berlusconi talked about different views on players , i bet my balls ES was included in the mix. I explained it analyticaly lol and it is true and provable , from both pre-Balotelli season and with the Azzuri too. It must happen and imo , Allegri will want it as well.

The width is provided by the fullbacks in this formation and not just that , if the fullbacks aren't were they should one of Balo or Ses will be and they are more than sufficient to utilise the side at any given moment. We simply have to do this , not only it does allow Ses and Balo to improve as players , but De Sciglio will also develop offensively and Montolivo will not have to create a 3rd lung to survive games Laughing Dat scrub Niang will also develop properly and there's space for Saponara if this happens. All in all , suits everyone and practicaly means evolution and depth combined. The gains are so many not to do it.

Something last , El Sharaawy will inevitably end up playing centraly , it's his destiny , like all great players have done in modern times. From Shevchenko and Henry to Kaka , Messi and Ozil , all move from the wing to a central role. He is too good to leave him on the side . That he can play well there doesn't mean he cannot do better centraly. I still remember his debut in Milan against Novara,kicked as a #10.

Width is important , yet when a team has quality , the centre becomes first priority. Possesion , defence and attack , all have one thing in common , the central area of the field. Right now , we may not have that quality available but we are not that far if we make the right additions really. And since Galliani and Allegri will look to creative options in the midfield , i can only assume they already have set their minds in the 4-1-2-1-2 . I explained where the difference is and things won't change much , only for the best .

As for Ses , he'll become world class when he adopts a central position , i'am 100% sure of this.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Casciavit wrote:Well to be fair this was made back in August. We lost a lot of players and SES still wasn't starting and the lineup was based on Juve's 3-5-2.

So I'm not sure what's the point of backtracking, since this was made back in August Laughing

Eh feel free to laugh.

Did you read my post Cascia ? it's not backtracking lol , all i wanted is to find a thread about formations instead of creating yet another one .. My post was about the formations and what Berlusconi said lately. It didn't have to do with anything you said really , it just happens i saw your formation and found it a bit funny that's all .

I am pretty sure if i look back in some of my formations , i'd laugh for the same reasons as well Laughing . Sorry if you think i offended you , i just tried to find a thread about formations and tactics so we can discuss about it , that's all. Anyway , i'd like to hear your opinion about the formations and all.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Dante wrote:

Plethora is a Greek word , knew it since forever :coffee: anyway Got wall , ES Laughing ,

Well , if we don't get the midfielders we need , then i guess there's the possibility to keep it , but Ses won't have a much different next season than what he did in the 2nd half of this season , i can guarantee you this and it's a major issue.When Berlusconi talked about different views on players , i bet my balls ES was included in the mix. I explained it analyticaly lol and it is true and provable , from both pre-Balotelli season and with the Azzuri too. It must happen and imo , Allegri will want it as well.

The width is provided by the fullbacks in this formation and not just that , if the fullbacks aren't were they should one of Balo or Ses will be and they are more than sufficient to utilise the side at any given moment. We simply have to do this , not only it does allow Ses and Balo to improve as players , but De Sciglio will also develop offensively and Montolivo will not have to create a 3rd lung to survive games Laughing Dat scrub Niang will also develop properly and there's space for Saponara if this happens. All in all , suits everyone and practicaly means evolution and depth combined. The gains are so many not to do it.

Something last , El Sharaawy will inevitably end up playing centraly , it's his destiny , like all great players have done in modern times. From Shevchenko and Henry to Kaka , Messi and Ozil , all move from the wing to a central role. He is too good to leave him on the side . That he can play well there doesn't mean he cannot do better centraly. I still remember his debut in Milan against Novara,kicked as a #10.

Width is important , yet when a team has quality , the centre becomes first priority. Possesion , defence and attack , all have one thing in common , the central area of the field. Right now , we may not have that quality available but we are not that far if we make the right additions really. And since Galliani and Allegri will look to creative options in the midfield , i can only assume they already have set their minds in the 4-1-2-1-2 . I explained where the difference is and things won't change much , only for the best .

As for Ses , he'll become world class when he adopts a central position , i'am 100% sure of this.

Good points, ES hasn't been performing as he should be, though this could be a psychological problem rather than a tactical one.

Very much agree that i ES should be moved to the middle, and seeing him play behind Balo makes the prospect much more exciting. Although i do have to say, since the arrival of Balotelli, Mario has lifted much responsibility from ES in the final third. ES must is learning on contribution to the build up instead of scoring, his obsession of scoring must die out sometime. Too many times he's trying to curl one in from 20 yards out. Obviously he's young and still has time on his hands, so i supposed that wont be a worry

Ultimately the formation depends on who we're getting this summer methinks, if we can get some technical players then we can make it work.
Scrubs like Traore and Muntari simply wont cut it Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Dante wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Well to be fair this was made back in August. We lost a lot of players and SES still wasn't starting and the lineup was based on Juve's 3-5-2.

Eh feel free to laugh.

Did you read my post Cascia ? it's not backtracking lol , all i wanted is to find a thread about formations instead of creating yet another one .. My post was about the formations and what Berlusconi said lately. It didn't have to do with anything you said really , it just happens i saw your formation and found it a bit funny that's all .

I am pretty sure if i look back in some of my formations , i'd laugh for the same reasons as well Laughing . Sorry if you think i offended you , i just tried to find a thread about formations and tactics so we can discuss about it , that's all. Anyway , i'd like to hear your opinion about the formations and all.

I worded that wrong. I didn't really find it offensive tbh. What I meant by backtracking was there is no point for me to explain myself and why i chose this formation now; since it was made back in August lol.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:58 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Dante wrote:

Good points, ES hasn't been performing as he should be, though this could be a psychological problem rather than a tactical one.

Very much agree that i ES should be moved to the middle, and seeing him play behind Balo makes the prospect much more exciting. Although i do have to say, since the arrival of Balotelli, Mario has lifted much responsibility from ES in the final third. ES must is learning on contribution to the build up instead of scoring, his obsession of scoring must die out sometime. Too many times he's trying to curl one in from 20 yards out. Obviously he's young and still has time on his hands, so i supposed that wont be a worry

Ultimately the formation depends on who we're getting this summer methinks, if we can get some technical players then we can make it work.
Scrubs like Traore and Muntari simply wont cut it Laughing

They won't cut it at playing football , put aside the formations Laughing

You know what though , about Ses , it's in his game to score , it's crystal clear. I agree totaly though , he needs to find balance above all , though not by any chance put it aside.

I am not saying he should play as 10 as of now . I am saying bring a fkn #10 to play 10 and let Ses and Balo score the goals up front. It will work like bacon and cheese above the bread effecitvely = pizza Proud

The Bread is the #10 , the foundation. The Cheese is Balotelli , adding the amount of goals. The Bacon will be Ses :bow: , that will make all the difference in the final outcome and add that rare flavour , meaning nice football banana

Give us our bread ffs , Bacon gets to waste with just cheese Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:02 pm

New trends: #WeDemandOurBacon #FreeSES #BringInTheBread #LetTheCheeseRoll Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Dante wrote:

Eh feel free to laugh.

I worded that wrong. I didn't really find it offensive tbh. What I meant by backtracking was there is no point for me to explain myself and why i chose this formation now; since it was made back in August lol.

ah.. alright then. Anyway , let's move the fk on already Laughing

Do you like the 4-1-2-1-2 ? or do you think 4-3-3 should be kept
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:09 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:New trends: #WeDemandOurBacon #FreeSES #BringInTheBread #LetTheCheeseRoll Proud

#LetTheCheese roll , #FreeSES wtf ES rofl

#WeAreHungry

#NoBreadNoPizza
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Wow, 4-3-1-2 because of Saponara? He really must be a talent
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Eivindo wrote:Wow, 4-3-1-2 because of Saponara? He really must be a talent

Either that, or we are being cheap and don't want to spend on a true AM.

I hope he's a fanstastic player and becomes a legend for us. But thrusting a Serie B player into the AM position in a 4-3-1-2, the most important position by far in this formation, is very risky. He plays bad and the whole attack is blunted (ala Prince "Trequartista" Boateng).

That being said, I applaud this move. Besides showing faith in Ricky (yup, I called him Ricky just like Ricky the great), it moves SES closer to goal and will give Pazzo more playing time.

Our CDM and RCM spots are pretty much covered. I like Poli as a player, but he should be our first sub off the bench, not a starter.

We need a WC creative LCM. Someone like Hamsik. Someone like Alcantara. Someone like Mr.X.

Welcome to 2011 all over again.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Galliani: "We decided to scrap the 4-3-3 once we purchased Riccardo Saponara."

With that said, i guess we're looking at a formation to implement Sapo. Either a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1, as KR said i dont like how he's being thrust into the first team immediately, there's going to some pressure on him and on his performances. I'd very much rather we take it slow with him, let him adjust to the squad and to a new city, gel him in the squad slowly throughout the year, see how he does. Then we'll evaluate our options
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Also wanted to add: I don't mean we should entirely forget about changing formations and tactics, on the contrary i want to see us experiment, mix and match this preseason. With 2 Goof Troop cups and fodder in Serie F Region 2 Division 3, i'd very much like to know which primary formation we'll be using before starting the season. I dont want a repeat of last year, to which we spent the first 2 months finding the best lineup and formation, causing us to lose some points
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Galliani: "We decided to scrap the 4-3-3 once we purchased Riccardo Saponara."

Even it was such a certain thing that we'll play 4-3-1-2 (which I don't think works like that, you don't just decide that at a meeting), do we really need a striker?

We have three goalscorers in Balotelli, El Shaarawy and Pazzini, all of which can play in a partnership with each other. We also have Niang, who would probably work better in a two men attack than in our current formation and who could also partner any of the other three. And then we have Robinho at least for now.

A striker just to play while Pazzini is out (so to be our 5th striker) doesn't sound that urgent.

IMO striker is, along with fullback and DM (unless we really get someone better than Flamini, Muntari and co.) where we are best covered.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 am

I have to disagree with Dante, I think we are going to play 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-1-2 because both Allegri and Galliani has publicly stated they are targeting a new RW (Cersei Lannister heavily linked, Aubameyang too). So I guess team next season will be something like

Abbiati
Abate Mexes-New CB-De Sciglio
Montolivo-De Jong/Poli
New RW-Saponara-El Shaarawy
Balotelli

Amelia
Antonini Zapata-Bonera/Zaccardo-Constant
Cristante/Flamoney-Muntari
Niang-Boateng-IDK
Pazzini

Keep in mind some players from the second team might leave. I have decided some as going for sure like Nocerino. Allegri's demands are 2 CMs, 1 CB, 1 RW, so another CM than Poli, probably Kucka lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Also wanted to add: I don't mean we should entirely forget about changing formations and tactics, on the contrary i want to see us experiment, mix and match this preseason. With 2 Goof Troop cups and fodder in Serie F Region 2 Division 3, i'd very much like to know which primary formation we'll be using before starting the season. I dont want a repeat of last year, to which we spent the first 2 months finding the best lineup and formation, causing us to lose some points

You shouldn't worry about that.. The 4-1-2-1-2 will be implemented throughout all pre season , with the 4-2-3-1 being the plan B (i'll talk about that later).

Allegri's ideas on defensive tactics are massive imo and the tactical set up based on possesion football won't change , that's where our players are best and Serie A doesn't allow Milan to concentrate in anything else. On the CL , things will be different against superior sides and our defensive tactics will lead to counter attacks rather than organised attacks made bit by bit through possesion , like we do in the league .

Besides , the 4-1-2-1-2 is the formation our coach and players understand best of all.
I am sure it will work so well , that none will be talking about the 4-3-3 come next season.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:12 pm

M99 wrote:I have to disagree with Dante, I think we are going to play 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-1-2 because both Allegri and Galliani has publicly stated they are targeting a new RW (Cersei Lannister heavily linked, Aubameyang too). So I guess team next season will be something like

Abbiati
Abate Mexes-New CB-De Sciglio
Montolivo-De Jong/Poli
New RW-Saponara-El Shaarawy
Balotelli

Amelia
Antonini Zapata-Bonera/Zaccardo-Constant
Cristante/Flamoney-Muntari
Niang-Boateng-IDK
Pazzini

Keep in mind some players from the second team might leave. I have decided some as going for sure like Nocerino. Allegri's demands are 2 CMs, 1 CB, 1 RW, so another CM than Poli, probably Kucka lol.

You can disagree all you want mate , it's confirmed already lol. In any case , if you read my post and still aren't convinced about why we should be playing the 4-1-2-1-2 , let me talk about the 4-2-3-1 and tell me what you think then.

Here's how we changed formations this season :

From 4-1-2-1-2 to 4-2-3-1

3-4-3 to 4-3-3

Since Allegri realised that we didn't have the #10 for the first two , he went with other options , but he ended with the 4-3-3 , because of the diamond stays intact. That diamond , is crucial to our game , it has always been. When we rarely changed it , we didn't seem.. Milan.

Allegri thinks of the 4-2-3-1 as too offensive and i agree. Whilst we did well offensively for a few games under that formation , compared to previously performances at least.. our defensive display sucked balls in the size of planets. Serie A doesn't allow that formation and it's not a coincedence almost no team plays like that in Italy.

I watched an interview with Cruyff , saying it's too offensive as well , basicaly confirming Allegri . He finds it destabilised and in order for it to work , it requires lots and lots and moar lots of running and that's not a game you can afford to play in Serie A. We have used it even after adopting the 4-3-3 this season , but only when we were chasing games . The 4-2-3-1 could be a plan B , because it involves a trequartista ; but that's where it ends , because we don't have the depth for it , we don't have the quality on the wings for it and it destabilises the midfield foundations , from 3 to a pivot , which means all sort of different tactics.

Stability is more important than finding a way to play within the 4-2-3-1 , which really , doesn't even suit our tactics ,which are disciplined defensive work and well constructed attacks through possesion , which is practicaly a great way to defend as well , since when they lack the ball , they can't attack us and their overall attacks will be way lesser.

Out tactics won't change by any means and that alone , excludes the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Serie A isn't going to forgive us if we play like that all the time. There's no chance it will work in a league where the majority of scrubs , sit back and try counter attacks. No fkn chance. In order for it to work , we would need to press highly up the pitch and abandon the current defensive & possesion tactics , something that will never happen under Allegri . In case you think that's an issue , i can only direct you towards our roster and realise that we aren't suited for such a permanent change. Milan was always about massive defensive mentality and possesion football .

We wrote history like that , that's who we are and we would be mad to change it because of the new trend being the 4-2-3-1. It will fade as well, like the possesion whoring was replaced by the counter attacking of the 4-2-3-1. The diamond formation combined with strong defensive discipline and carefull possesion football has always brought us huge success under quality players and that for decades.

Read my previous post again , where i talk about Ses. In the 4-1-2-1-2 , he will be something to behold next season. In the 4-2-3-1 , the teams will get weaker , because Ses will have more or less the same season like his 2nd half of the season. That would be madness to allow . Now with Balotelli and Saponara , there's the chance to build an attack around El Sharaawy that has major potential , why ruin that for a formation that we don't even have the depth for it. That Galliani said he likes Cercei means bollocks really . So, let's assume he buys Cercei ;

Do you think he's going to buy at least 2 more wingers to create depth Laughing ? Or do you think Niang is able to play the right wing sufficiently ? It's a big different between the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 . He will need to defend way more in the 4-2-3-1 , than just track back occasionaly and press ineffectively . He will need to play semi-fullback in order for this to work and he's not even a complete winger Laughing . He's not even worth a starting place , i refuse to talk about his assisting service that Balotelli will require from him Laughing

All in all , i find the 4-2-3-1 a notion without actual need and the 4-1-2-1-2 is something that will alow evolution and depth within the team.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Galliani has stated that we will play a 4-3-1-2 next season. He claims this decision wasn't down to Berlusconi (though I doubt it). He says we made this decision once we signed Saponara. Now, this does not mean he will be for sure given the start since Galliani said we are on the market for a trequartista. Now, I have a theory. We will buy a older trequartista that is established and can handle being the "guy" for a season or two so that Saponara can adapt. This man I believe will be Diaminti. Galliani has been a huge supporter of him for a while, and I think he will finally get him. Next season expect something like this.

--------------------------------Abbiati
Abate-------------CB---------------------Mexes----------------De Sciglio

--------------------------------De Jong
---------------------Montolivo----------CM

--------------------------------Diamanti
------------------------Balo------------------SES

Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 am

Fck me, I don't know how I missed Galliani saying 4-3-1-2 is confirmed. No Cerci then cheers We are definitely getting another CAM. 4-2-3-1 is still an option, particularly for Champions League. Plan B for Serie A I think will be the 4-3-3. The 4-3-1-2 we had would have been perfect if we had a proper 10, now we do. I have faith in Saponara, he had an immense season in Serie B, Yes, that's where El Shaarawy, Insigne, Verrati and Immobile all made their names. We still need more depth, in defence, midfield and attack to be competetive in all three competitions. Hopefully transfer market resolves some of that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:29 pm

If we play 4-3-1-2 with Diamanti as our main playmaker are screwed. How are we supposed to beat Napoli with Diamanti as our main playmaker? It's a disgrace that we're even thinking of signing him for our MOST IMPORTANT position.

He's a decent player, but not great. And a 4-3-1-2 doesn't work without a GREAT player in the hole.

And we can afford a great player. We have a ridiculous amount of dead weight to offload.

Pastore for 20 million (in 20 installments of course) is definitely possible. Pastore Balotelli El Shaarawy will be EPIC.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Agreed Kesh. Pastore would be great , but i seriously doubt Fester wants to spend that big after already splashing the cash on Balotelli during mid-season.

There's one possibility , that if Ancelotti doesn't join Real Madrid , Kaka will become easily available to Milan . Real fans can't stand him any longer and Real as a club , doesn't want to pay 10m to a benchwarmer for yet another year, no matter how many jerseys he sells annually.

Kaka will be willing to reduce his wage demands to ridiculous extends now , not only to leave Real but if he wants to have any chance of making the World Cup in his country , that is a must and Kaka would do anything to be a part of that team. So , with wages around 3.5 to 4m a season , Galliani can offer somewhere between 10-15m and get him actualy.

That for me would be the ideal scenario , because Saponara and Ses would learn so much from him , he represents the old Milan , the winning Milan that Ses and Carbonara Saponara adored as teenagers. Kaka would also help us a lot in the CL , compared to Boateng and Saponara.

Just a scenario , one which most probably won't happen , yet i think at this point in our project , Kaka would actualy be a very welcomed addition. Sapo would eventualy take his place like Ricky did with Rui Costa. Ricky can also become vice captain and that would inspire him to re gain that clutch he has lost at Madrid. Anyway lol , not going to happen , especialy if any scrub team with money wants Kaka or Ancelotti joins Real.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 am

Honestly I'm really opposed to Kaka coming back. There is a reason he never plays at Real, he has declined significantly as a player. Also, for 15 mil + 3/4 million salary, we can actually get a young player with WC potential, rather than a stop gap solution.

IMO a loan deal for Kaka would make sense, as this will allow for us to spend the money on a LCM. After one year, based on Saponara's growth, we can decide if we actually need to spend big on another AM or not.

I understand spending on Diamanti since we have faith in Saponara. But no matter how good he is in Serie B, he should not be counted on for next season. El shaarawy also took a full year before starting to live up to his potential, and for every el shaarawy there are another 10 talents who flop.

I think our defense is fine, just buy a CAM and a LCM and our team will be GREAT. Without those 2 it is still lacking.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Sorry Kaka, new era has begun.

We only want Silva back Sad
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

With regards to our youth policy , Kaka is not our best option. And in comparison to other , more fast and on form younger AMs , again he's not our best option i agree.

I was looking more at the bonus side of things tbh. He must have at least two good years in him and that's probably what Saponara will need to fully express the player he will become. But in any case , it won't happen .

The thing is , Kaka would be a nice semi-solution untill Saponara would be really , really ready . If it's another youngster , there are going to be issues between them sooner or later and if it's a player like Diamanti , the risk is evident..

If Diamanti is the best we could do , i think we should just leave Saponara and Boateng to fight it over lol , it will work way better
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next