Ramires Mata Hazard
Torres

2nd:
Hilario
Azpilicueta Ferreira Cahill Bertrand
Romeu Meireles
Marin Oscar Moses
Sturridge
With Turnbull, Malouda and any youth player needed making up our squad.

Decent, I am sure people our going to complain about our CMs but realisticly who could we have signed? Perhaps Moutinho and M'vila but that is it.

A very good summer for us and I expect us to continue doing well in the EPL.

Whowould have you guys signed on deadline day?

Note: deadline day is yet to close in some countries so Malouda can still be loaned.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Chelsea squad 12/13 Empty Re: Chelsea squad 12/13

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 am

Wouldve got Banega in the pivot
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:53 am

Banega is too inconsistant for me.

I would have considered getting someone in the pivot and selling Ess and Meireles to Turkey though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:44 am

Well, I made no secret of the fact that I thought another striker should be brought in before the window closed, and although I still feel we may regret not doing so purely for lack of numbers, in a way, I'm kind of happy we didn't. It'll instill confidence in both of the strikers we do have, (both of whom desperately need it), and hopefully they'll thrive on it, particularly Torres. Imagine how good he must have been feeling when the window shut and it slowly became evident there were no new center-forwards being brought in.

Additionally, on the flipside, it'll deliver the true and final verdict on him. There are NO more excuses now. The entire summer has been spent taking the steps to make the entire setup one optimal for him to succeed in. He now has an army of creative players in the squad supplying him with world-class service, the massive shadow of Drogba has been ousted from the club and lifted from his shoulders, and the club has now shown as much confidence in him as is humanly possible by not bringing in any strikers whatsoever when the options were clearly there. This is the ideal structure with the ideal conditions for him now. It's make or break from now until most likely January, and if he doesn't deliver after all these steps have been taken to accommodate his every delicacy, sensitivity, and necessity, we'll finally know without any doubt whatsoever that he's well and truly finished.

Happily, he does seem to be getting back to some decent form judging by his League performances of late, particularly the one last weekend of course, so here's to hoping he continues on this apparent upward trend and becomes what we all believe he canChelsea squad 12/13 004
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:02 am

A solid holding mid that has decent passing range. Mikel and MRLSH did fantastic against Newcastle but they simply weren't awfully good either. All they would need to do is break up play and distribute to Hazard/Mata/Oscar/etc. You say Banega is inconsistent but so too are most of our CM/DM's, they can easily put in a match winning performance against Barca and then constantly turning over possession in the next match.

Everything else i'm fairly happy with, my opinion is that if Torres is struggling around Janurary then we may delve into the market for another striking option up front.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 am

money + Torres for Falcao hmm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:18 am

Banega would be good addition. But i rather see Romeu and Mikel in the pivot. You guys might say it is too defensive, but i don't see it that way, If we start Hazard, Mata, and Oscar ahead of them. Oscar game is based on dropping deep and then pushing ahead on starting attack, he style makes up for having two true defensive midfielders.

RDM needs to stop playing Ramires or Bertrand on the wing, it serves little purpose and it does not add a defensive balance. Playing Mikel and Romeu in the pivot would bring so much more balance to the team.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 am

Blue wrote:Banega would be good addition. But i rather see Romeu and Mikel in the pivot. You guys might say it is too defensive, but i don't see it that way, If we start Hazard, Mata, and Oscar ahead of them. Oscar game is based on dropping deep and then pushing ahead on starting attack, he style makes up for having two true defensive midfielders.

RDM needs to stop playing Ramires or Bertrand on the wing, it serves little purpose and it does not add a defensive balance.
Playing Mikel and Romeu in the pivot would bring so much more balance to the team.

It depends who we are playing against I think, having Bertrand on the wing against a team with a class winger isn't the worst idea imo.

I agree Romeu/Mikel would be cool to see but I'm doubtful we'd see it because Romeu doesn't seem to be able to get any time at all Sad
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 am

lszanto wrote:
Blue wrote:Banega would be good addition. But i rather see Romeu and Mikel in the pivot. You guys might say it is too defensive, but i don't see it that way, If we start Hazard, Mata, and Oscar ahead of them. Oscar game is based on dropping deep and then pushing ahead on starting attack, he style makes up for having two true defensive midfielders.

RDM needs to stop playing Ramires or Bertrand on the wing, it serves little purpose and it does not add a defensive balance.
Playing Mikel and Romeu in the pivot would bring so much more balance to the team.

It depends who we are playing against I think, having Bertrand on the wing against a team with a class winger isn't the worst idea imo.

I agree Romeu/Mikel would be cool to see but I'm doubtful we'd see it because Romeu doesn't seem to be able to get any time at all Sad

Meh, there isn't really any class winger that concern me, and Cole is very sold but ivanoic does concern me.

Sure there is wingers like Ben Arfa, he is very good but it doesn't justify playing two LBs. I am just not a fan of defensive wingers, because i don't believe in it.

Lampard and Mehreles are too attacking, makes us extremely vulnerable on the counter. Mehreles is less attacking, but poor ball winner and tackler.

Last edited by Blue on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 am

So come January, you guys would be bidding for the likes of Cabaye or Banega?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am

Blue wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Meh, there isn't really any class winger that concern me, and Cole is very sold but ivanoic does concern me.

Sure there is wingers like Ben Arfa, he is very good but it doesn't justify playing two LBs. I am just not a fan of defensive wingers, because i don't believe in it.

Lampard and Mehreles are too attacking, makes us extremely vulnerable on the counter. Mehreles is less attacking, but poor winner and tackler.

Yeah fair enough.

Ivanovic has been really weird, he was very solid last season but this season he's been out of position constantly, and for the more "defensive" fullback he's been pushing way up the pitch. His goals overshadowed his poor performances imo. Maybe we'll see Azpilicueta come in against QPR.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am

Kick wrote:So come January, you guys would be bidding for the likes of Cabaye or Banega?

If we want to improve our team then yes.

All other areas we have good quality.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 am

lszanto wrote:
Kick wrote:So come January, you guys would be bidding for the likes of Cabaye or Banega?

If we want to improve our team then yes.

All other areas we have good quality.

Fair enough. Lets hope Josh does a Sturridge and we can play him.

If only he bulked up and learned to defend he would be a starter.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:12 am

According to an interview Oscar gave that appeared on ESPN in Brazil (that Ganso guy posted it in the Oscar thread), he says the club see him as the eventual replacement to Lampard where he's playing now in that deep-lying creative role next to the DM. If that is the case, I wouldn't expect to see someone like Cabaye brought in. Getting him to play there will take time, though, and the supporters will have to be patient with it.

Yes, there's a serious lack of aptitude and quality in the pivot, especially in the creativity sense, but it's going to take time to get everyone playing where and how we want them to. We've won everything there is to win, now it's likely time to sit back, deal with a season or two of not having everything just perfect, and let the team and the individuals in it grow. I'm more than happy to wait as Oscar is groomed into that role instead of going out and dropping £25m+ on an immediate quick-fix like Cabaye.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
According to an interview Oscar gave that appeared on ESPN in Brazil (that Ganso guy posted it in the Oscar thread), he says the club see him as the eventual replacement to Lampard where he's playing now in that deep-lying creative role next to the DM. If that is the case, I wouldn't expect to see someone like Cabaye brought in. Getting him to play there will take time, though, and the supporters will have to be patient with it.

Yes, there's a serious lack of aptitude and quality in the pivot, especially in the creativity sense, but it's going to take time to get everyone playing where and how we want them to. We've won everything there is to win, now it's likely time to sit back, deal with a season or two of not having everything just perfect, and let the team and the individuals in it grow. I'm more than happy to wait as Oscar is groomed into that role instead of going out and dropping £25m+ on an immediate quick-fix like Cabaye.

Was it specifically said that he would play in the double pivot? or was it vaguely mentioned that he would be Lampard successor?

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 am

Blue wrote:Was it specifically said that he would play in the double pivot? or was it vaguely mentioned that he would be Lampard successor?
http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/276775_confiante-oscar-diz-que-espera-ser-titular-do-chelsea-em-um-mes-e-que-pode-jogar-na-posicao-de-lampard

The midfielder revealed he can win a chance at Chelsea in a different position than he was used to operate in Brazil

"I will play in Lampard's role according to Di Matteo. He told me one my stronger points is being able to play there. But I can also play in Mata'a role or wide, he knows that. He's a smart coach"
^ That's that Brazilian guy's exact translation of what he said in the article. So yea, I think he made it pretty clear he'll be playing where Lamps is now eventually.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:40 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue wrote:Was it specifically said that he would play in the double pivot? or was it vaguely mentioned that he would be Lampard successor?
http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/276775_confiante-oscar-diz-que-espera-ser-titular-do-chelsea-em-um-mes-e-que-pode-jogar-na-posicao-de-lampard

The midfielder revealed he can win a chance at Chelsea in a different position than he was used to operate in Brazil

"I will play in Lampard's role according to Di Matteo. He told me one my stronger points is being able to play there. But I can also play in Mata'a role or wide, he knows that. He's a smart coach"
^ That's that Brazilian guy's exact translation of what he said in the article. So yea, I think he made it pretty clear he'll be playing where Lamps is now eventually.

Thanks, but it is still kinda vague if he will play in the pivot or Lampard CM role in 4-3-3.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 am

Ok so a revised team for the season:

Cech
Azpilicueta Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Lampard
Hazard Mata Marin
Torres

Hilario
Ferreira Ivanovic Cahill Bertrand
Ramires Romeu Oscar
Moses Sturridge Malouda

Turnbull and Piazon will no doubt be there too. Perhaps Piazon over Malouda in the second XI? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 am

there is absolutley no insentive to play Malouda imo, hes no better then the like of Piazon and KDB and unlike those two he hasnt got a long term future at the club
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am

Good thing is in terms of FFP his wages mean nothing. He can have a free ride for 6 months to a year and then he is out of contract.

I doubt we will need to play him but he is there anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Florent Malouda could move to Lyon tonight
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:14 pm

cheers one of the top 10 transfers for Chelsea this summer lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Please be true!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 pm

why is he training with your youth??? i feel sorry for him

he posted a piq of himself on the youth training ground on twitter with the text, "This is where i will train in my last season with this club" poor sod
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 am

No idea why we are giving him this treatment, it's sad.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next