Wilson37
Jay29
furiouswindbottom
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Agree or not? Empty Agree or not?

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Arsene thinks we have a chance this season.

I agree. I always agree with Arsene.

To be fair, I have my reasons. It is early, but it looks like Arsene has been watching a lot of Spain's matches over the summer.

I just love the way we are closing teams down early and everyone is putting in the effort to get the ball back when we don't have it.

Look at Podolski. Can you imagine Arshavin chasing back and putting in tackles like he's doing?

Spain have that knack of looking like they have 15 men on the pitch, and a lot of that is down to the players putting in a massive effort to close down space.

We are nowhere near the level of the Spanish national team of course, but if we continue to work hard at getting the ball back asap, we could go far considering the talent we have in attacking areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19613433
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Agree or not? Empty Re: Agree or not?

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm

I would hold of judgement until after our next two games: Manchester City away and Chelsea at home. Beating Liverpool at Anfield and thrashing Southampton at home was impressive, but the real tests for this side's title challenging credentials are yet to come.

Realistically, we would need four points from those games to be considered potential title challengers. Stylistically and tactically we've looked good, but what we need to prove is if we have the quality to compete with the best in the league.

Moreover, we have to prove we can break down teams who park the bus and if we can cope with the fixture congestion that's to come during the winter months.

So there are still many question marks. 8 points out of a possible 12 is a good start (although if we're being critical, it should be 10 out of 12 at least), but let's stay grounded. We'll find out a lot about this team in the coming weeks.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm

consistency is the key...
after first 2 matches it was doom and gloom.. it was like we cant score without van Persie.. a couple of good results and now we are title contenders...!!
no thats too immature..
but, yeah.. we have a chance.. especially if we keep this defensive performance consistent..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Man City and Chelsea games should tell us a lot like Jay said.

I wonder if Wenger would take 2pts now if you offered him it. Or 1 defeat and 1 loss, 3 points.

I personally think we can take 4 points if we are at our best. Winning at City is very tough.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:38 pm

1 defeat and 1 loss = 0 Smile

Lose to man city 1nil, beat chelsea 2nill at home
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 pm

tbh i dont think so, unless giroud starts scoring, i cant see us having enough goals throughout the season, we need giroud to start firing.

In addition, we NEED wilshere to comeback and be as creative as ever. im counting on wilshere to be our second creative force after cazorla, because what is going to happen when cazorla is injured? how are we going to replace his quality? our only hope is wilshere in that department. rosicky is good but not good enough at creating. we dont have rvp any more to pull goals out his arse when we are struggling to create like last season. unless wilshere comes back firing, cazorla staying fit is vital
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm

What we need this season is optimisticm,

yes you can agree or not agree with ur tactical point, but let make erm believe
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Our players need to stay fit for once, we need to be consistent against the lower clubs and get some scrappy results against the big boys.

Will this all happen? Other than winning some games against the big boys I don't think so. Hope Wenger and co. prove me wrong though.

Winning the EPL again would be absolutely amazing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 pm

I agree that the next two games will give us more of an idea.

Can we get 4 points? Six?

I think we can. Make no mistake, City and Chelsea will not be relishing facing us at the moment.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 pm

I cant wait for the next two games.

Those games will tell the true story of this Arsenal team.

We slipped in first two games by losing 4 easy points but then we got three hard points at Liverpool. So its 50 50 imo.

Im confident with the way we are defending at the moment and switching quickly on the attack.

Cazorla is the main arsenal man now and I pray he stays injury free.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Don't think We have the depth and the experience for a title challenge, one or two injuries and we are in trouble.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Lets not get excited too much, or too early.

I believe...I mean, I always believe in my team, because if I don't whose going to (that's kinda my way of thinking/mindset when it comes to my Arsenal Thumbs up )

But the next month or so is gonna tell us very much of how our season's gonna go, imo.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:29 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Don't think We have the depth and the experience for a title challenge, one or two injuries and we are in trouble.

so far we have played without sagna, kos, and wilshere. I dont think depth is a big problem, except maybe upfront
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Agree or not? No13

Let's keep our feet on the ground. Not being pessimistic but I think we all hate being disappointed after working up ourselves meaninglessly.

Hopefully we can maintain this level of consistency (let's say 10 games) and then assess our situation. Thumbs up
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Am i the only one who wasn't impressed with City vs Stoke? They looked average. As for Chelsea.....well, i actually dozed off a few times during their game vs QPR
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Lex wrote:Am i the only one who wasn't impressed with City vs Stoke? They looked average. As for Chelsea.....well, i actually dozed off a few times during their game vs QPR

City is overrated... Since winter they didn't impress at all.. Except their atack players they are average... I'm not impressed by barry, milner, lescott, clichy, zabaleta (they're sunderland material at most), Mancini isn't a top 10 Italian Coach.. It wouldn't be a surprise for me if Arsenal beats City.. last year at Emirates, ManCity had a very bad display and a well deserved defeat
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Lescott, Clichy and Zabaleta are good players. Certainly not "Sunderland material at most".

Whether City and Chelsea are impressive or not, fact is that one's the Premier League champions and the other the European champions. Good results against them will do wonders for our morale and belief.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:Don't think We have the depth and the experience for a title challenge, one or two injuries and we are in trouble.

so far we have played without sagna, kos, and wilshere. I dont think depth is a big problem, except maybe upfront

If we loose Arteta or Poldi, or Cazorla we are in trouble
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 pm

last season our midfield didnt have cazorla, wilshere, or diaby yet still managed to get 3rd place, i think our midfield is covered enough. The loss of rvp means we have to rely more on our midfield playing well, but as long as 1 of cazorla and wilshere are fit, and 2 of arteta, rosicky and diaby are fit we will be fine i think.
Up front is a bit of a problem, but as long as the midfield is on top form i think our forwards will do well enough
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm

this is the strongest arsenal i've seen after cesc's departure....I am happy for arsenal (although i still loath the invincible era), and hope that they will win something this year (don't mind if MU can still win 1-2 cups). Seriously, Arsene wenger is the BEST man in the world. Averaging about 8 mil pounds per year on transfer profit, and still make it in CL each season.

People don't appreciate him enough. Without him, arsenal would never be like this. Sacrificed national team chances to nurture his club, GOAT top 5 manager in my list. Not the best tactician ever, but surely...one of the few top/respectable coach
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Our defence and GK options are the best they've been in over 5 years. Our midfield , which I'll admit I had concerns about before with Song leaving, is looking as good as anyone's in the EPL so far without Wilshere or Rosicky even appearing yet, and I'm already beginning to think people forget how Rosicky was our best player in the last quarter of last season (even though he probably won't be a starter because of Cazorla). We have so many great options out wide too, so the only real area for concern IMO is our strikers. If Giroud stays on poor form for too much longer, we could be in trouble, but if he starts firing, I think we'll be fine. Also, Arsene said before the transfer window shut that if he didn't buy anyone late, he would get someone in January wherever needed, even though this should be taken with a pinch of salt since we're Arsenal!

I've said since before the season started that I expected us to fight for the title, and I stand by that. There is certainly no more than 1 or 2 players standing between us and the Manchester clubs, if even that depending on how people perform in the coming weeks. Optimism: it's a good thing :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:05 am

If Giroud doesn't start to fire I would not be surprised if we bought in a striker.
I do have faith in Giroud though but he is trying way too hard to score which I think is the problem. He still has taken part in setting up goals so it's not really too bad at the moment.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 am

Well Arsene should've brought another striker anyway.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Why do we need another striker? If Giroud doesn't start scoring (which he will) then Podolski is more than happy to lead the line. Lord knows he's comfortable anywhere upfront and has proven it already. Not like we have a shortage of wingers to replace him if he does shift to the centre

Y'all need to chillax and give everyone some space to breathe. I wonder how many people were writing Henry off after the first 5-6 games for us hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm

If I hear Chamakh's name again because Giroud doesnt score, Im gonna leave this forum forever.

Thats pathetic.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next