Arquitecto
pUsHa
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you.... ?

Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Vote_lcap67%Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 24 ]
Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Vote_lcap33%Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 36

Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Empty Do you agree with Mr. Wenger?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 am

Wenger: "Any team that loses Nasri and Fabregas cannot be considered a big team anymore"

Therefore, Arsenal are not a big team
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Empty Re: Do you agree with Mr. Wenger?

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 am

Wenger also said Fabregas isnt going anywhere 1 day before his transfer went through

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:58 am

Wenger should have a troll-face ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:58 am

100% disagree.

Arsenal with Wenger has never been a team that has succeeded in games just by the ability and requisites of their players and their individualism as what makes Wenger's Arsenal so great is their ability to adapt and improvise on the absence of their players.

The harmony and correspondence in Wenger's pass and move fluid philosophy allows the team to function as a single unit as the players (most of them) have been instilled with it through the rigorous training and discipline.

Yes, they will not be AS effective yet they do it better then other teams in the EPL when they lose their best players and look like shadows of themselves.

It takes a certain player of quality to be able to play in the fast and rapid system.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 am

I agree
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 am

pUsHa wrote:Wenger should have a troll-face ...
He's kind of a meta-troll or a huntsman-like troll, he trolls his own team lol.

As for the subject if the definition of a big team is that of a team that competes for big trophies, and everyone generally agrees that Arsenal has a much smaller chance than last season to do so, then perhaps they have lost that status.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:10 am

Oh, so now people take what Wenger has to say as gospel Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:10 am

pUsHa wrote:Wenger should have a troll-face ...

Do you agree with Mr. Wenger? Wenger%20troll%20face%2001
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 am

Arquitecto didn't Cesc create something crazy like 40% of their chances last season? And no adequate replacement has been purchased for this player? Saying they "won't be as effective" is an understatement.

Not to say that they're a bad team all of a sudden, but they'll be fighting for the top 4 rather than the league this season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 am

I agree with him. I thought it was quite funny when he said Nasri was leaving for the money. The part that's funny is that if Arsenal were still a big club they would just match the money and keep him.

They are not willing to do that or they can't, so in turn Man City is more ambitious then Arsenal as Wenger made it clear he didn't want him to go.

So just for that fact alone, I would say there not a "Big Club" anymore. That doesn't mean they can't be good, almost the whole spanish league puts together good teams on a shoestring budget, just don't expect them to lock up the champions league every year anymore as the landscape of football has changed drastically in the last 3 years.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 am

dnmac4 wrote:the landscape of football has changed drastically in the last 3 years.
It's now more about how many 0's a player can get on the end of his pay cheque rather than playing football because they're passionate about it

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 am

Lex wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:the landscape of football has changed drastically in the last 3 years.
It's now more about how many 0's a player can get on the end of his pay cheque rather than playing football because they're passionate about it

Football is a professional sport. It has always been about money. It's just that now there's more money to go around.

River Plate, for instance, acquired the nickname "the millionaires" after doing a Florentino Perez in the 40s.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 am

They have lost so many good players and decent subs and bought like no-one to compensate expect maybe Gervinho

Clichy, Fabregas, Eboure, Denilson, Vela

They need to seriously spend in the next week or they are absolutely screwed for this upcoming season.

If Arsenal couldn't do it with the team they had last season there is no way in hell they have a chance as they currently stand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am

I was actually going to make a thread about this topic, but I will just put it here.

If Arsenal don't drastically change there wage structure does it really matter who they buy with there $90 mill or what ever it is? Wont it just be a band aid for a year or two and then back to this exact spot in time?

Players always look better then they are in Arsenal's system as Wenger is very good at bringing out what players are best in. When players leave arsenal they are usually not as good.

So with that being said I'm assuming if Arsenal go out and buy a couple really good players for 25-30 mill each and they turn out to be really good and world class or almost world class, are they not just going to leave to get paid by one of the rich clubs?

Are teams like Arsenal just going to be a revolving door for Man City, PSG, Malaga, Barca, Madrid, some other team who gets an oil billionaire if they don't drastically change there wage structure?

Are they going to turn into Porto or Benefica? IT's weird to think of an EPL team like that, but like I said in an earlier post the landscape of football has changed so much in the last 3 years it's hard to know what to do.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 am

“Samir trained on Tuesday morning,” said Wenger. “But I knew before training. He didn’t know, the decision was made this morning just before training. He came in to practice.

“I don’t question Samir Nasri's commitment or professionalism. If I told him ‘you come with us and play’, he would have played like he did on Saturday but you wonder what kind of a commitment you can have.

“Football rules are made like that, that the player can be worth a lot of money today and nothing in six months so it doesn’t look completely logical but, at the end of the day, of course, we are forced into a decision like that for psychological and financial reasons.

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else. What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.”
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 am

dnmac4 wrote:I agree with him. I thought it was quite funny when he said Nasri was leaving for the money. The part that's funny is that if Arsenal were still a big club they would just match the money and keep him.

are you trying to say Man city are a bigger club then Arsenal ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 am

dnmac4 wrote:I agree with him. I thought it was quite funny when he said Nasri was leaving for the money. The part that's funny is that if Arsenal were still a big club they would just match the money and keep him.

They are not willing to do that or they can't, so in turn Man City is more ambitious then Arsenal as Wenger made it clear he didn't want him to go.

So just for that fact alone, I would say there not a "Big Club" anymore. That doesn't mean they can't be good, almost the whole spanish league puts together good teams on a shoestring budget, just don't expect them to lock up the champions league every year anymore as the landscape of football has changed drastically in the last 3 years.

we offered him 115k a week which he doesnt even deserve. he wouldve been the highest paid player on the team with wages exceeding rvp and fabregas at the time. everything worked out though, because he's not that good and we get 24m for him in the last year of his contract.

and yeah, arsenal are tiny club. that's why we're in the headlines every 45 minutes.......
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:40 am

How can you be big team if you never won CL?
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 am

ChollaVille wrote:How can you be big team if you never won CL?
Chelsea suck then, yes?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 am

dnmac4 wrote:I was actually going to make a thread about this topic, but I will just put it here.

If Arsenal don't drastically change there wage structure does it really matter who they buy with there $90 mill or what ever it is? Wont it just be a band aid for a year or two and then back to this exact spot in time?

Players always look better then they are in Arsenal's system as Wenger is very good at bringing out what players are best in. When players leave arsenal they are usually not as good.

So with that being said I'm assuming if Arsenal go out and buy a couple really good players for 25-30 mill each and they turn out to be really good and world class or almost world class, are they not just going to leave to get paid by one of the rich clubs?

Are teams like Arsenal just going to be a revolving door for Man City, PSG, Malaga, Barca, Madrid, some other team who gets an oil billionaire if they don't drastically change there wage structure?

Are they going to turn into Porto or Benefica? IT's weird to think of an EPL team like that, but like I said in an earlier post the landscape of football has changed so much in the last 3 years it's hard to know what to do.
Agreed. The wage structure needs to change and I'm thinking with these new signings we should start that off.

I doubt Wenger would do it, because it means killing off all his excessively payed youth, and with how passionate he is with his youth... not sure. But it needs to be done. Waste of wages, time and talent, because 90% of those guys won't develop enough or just cannot be given chances in the first team for them to establish themselves.

If it isn't done we're definitely getting left behind. His transfer model can stay the same, at least. He can still pull off his killer deals, but he will attract greater talent due to greater wages. If he wanted to, he could get, for example, Tevez or Benzema or a similar caliber player for not too much price. The only problem, again, are wages.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 am

lenear1030 wrote:

we offered him 115k a week which he doesnt even deserve. he wouldve been the highest paid player on the team with wages exceeding rvp and fabregas at the time. everything worked out though, because he's not that good and we get 24m for him in the last year of his contract.

and yeah, arsenal are tiny club. that's why we're in the headlines every 45 minutes.......

Dude, are you kidding me? Think with your head and not your heart. I've heard that City are going to double his 90k salary which if you can't count is 180k. I'm not 100% sure about that as thats what the reports are saying, but lets say it's only 150k, Arsenal is offering 115k thats not even in the same ball park.

I think Arsenal are stealing money as I don't think Nasri is very good as I have been saying on here for a long time, but don't sit here and think 115k is a good offer if you want to keep him. I think you're either delusional or you have no clue who your competing against.

I know it hurts to hear this but at the moment City are a bigger club and more ambitious. If you don't believe me, believe your players who are leaving in droves to play for them. I would say City are one of the top 3 most ambitious clubs in the world, you may not like them but you are going to have to respect them as they will keep spending until they get it right and if they mess up it doesn't matter because they literally have a dump truck full of money to throw at the problem.

115k are you serious???
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am

115k is a lot of money, you know. Especially for a half season wonder and confirmed mercenary. I don't know what the average wage is for a PL player, but the only teams who can give you that sort of wages are ManC, Chelsea and maybe ManU who are actually pretty strict on their wage bill (Rooney, notwithstanding). Maybe some outstanding players outside the big 4 have +100k wages... but I'm sure most of Liverpool is under 100k. Even Suarez doesn't earn too much.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:18 am

Respect Manchester City?

I'd rather 69 a grizzly bear
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 am

Lex wrote:
Chelsea suck then, yes?
Nottignham Forest FTW
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:23 am

ali8775 wrote:
Lex wrote:
Chelsea suck then, yes?
Nottignham Forest FTW

Can't forget Red Star Belgrade.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next