Zealous
Lord Hades
Onyx
Harmonica
DidierDrogba11
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or? Empty Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or?

Post by DidierDrogba11 Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am

i was surprised like everybody else as to how Andres Iniesta won the european footballer of the year.

do you think Iniesta is the favourite to win the World Player of the year now or do you think that Messi or Ronaldo will still win it?? scratch hmm
DidierDrogba11
DidierDrogba11
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or? Empty Re: Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or?

Post by Harmonica Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:39 am

I think Messi is still favourite. Media votes mostly based on team trophies, in 2010 he lost media vote clearly, but players and coaches who seem to vote based on how good player is, lifted Messi past that. This year he lost the Uefa/ European media vote by 1, which leads to conclusion that his performance is highly regarded, even the trophy loving media. Well, it was the best individual season, ever, and Ballon d'Or should be an individual prize. Not who won most team trophies, nor who was the best or top 3 in the winning team.

Current Paddypower odds:

Messi 1.5x
Iniesta 4.5x
Cronaldo 4.5x
Others +34x

I remeber last year Messi having about the same, and Cronaldo having about 7x.

Iniesta won already the Euro Golden Ball and Uefa Best Player, based on Euro performance. Him winning also the Ballon d'Or being in the bench half of the season would be just wrong.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or? Empty Re: Iniesta favourite to win Ballon d'or?

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Messi should win it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:36 pm

ronaldo imo
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Ronaldo will win it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Between Messi and Ronaldo imo...

Iniesta doesnt deserve any of individual award as long as above two are on the list.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Ronaldo will not win it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Messi will win it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Ronaldo deserves to win it, but it will probably go to Missi the tap in master
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:15 pm

id be okay with any three of them getting it, even ronaldo. there are good reasons why ronaldo deserves but i sort of dont want him to win just to see what his reaction will be.

ps just dont give it or even nominate fkn cassilas.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:10 pm

I feel like Messi deserves it but eventually even the coaches and captains will get tired of letting Messi win and feel like someone else will get a chance.
If not Messi then Iniesta or Casillas don't know how Ronaldo even deserves it over them.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Think Ronaldo should win it, he had a great year for club and nation. I think it should come down to Ronaldo or Messi, but Ronaldo takes it for me.

In previous years two things separated Messi and Ronadlo imo. One was Messi ability to come up big in clutch moments and him being part bigger team success. This past season it was almost the opposite, Ronaldo was big in a lot of key moments and stepped up in the big occasions. Real Madrid also overcame Barca in La Liga. On the other hand Messi failed to raise his team in clutch situation, including missing a penalty against Chelsea. In that game i was much more fearful of Iniesta every time he was on the ball. Also Barca achieved less then Madrid.

As highly i rate Iniesta, i cant make a strong argument for him.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Who i think should win it: Andrea Pirlo
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Yes he's undoubtedly the favorite. He already has the journalist's vote, and it likely won't change much until December since no one ever takes into account the first half of the season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Blue wrote:Think Ronaldo should win it, he had a great year for club and nation. I think it should come down to Ronaldo or Messi, but Ronaldo takes it for me.

In previous years two things separated Messi and Ronadlo imo. One was Messi ability to come up big in clutch moments and him being part bigger team success. This past season it was almost the opposite, Ronaldo was big in a lot of key moments and stepped up in the big occasions. Real Madrid also overcame Barca in La Liga. On the other hand Messi failed to raise his team in clutch situation, including missing a penalty against Chelsea. In that game i was much more fearful of Iniesta every time he was on the ball. Also Barca achieved less then Madrid.

Ronaldo missed a clutch pk the following day vs Bayern. Also I'd say Benz came up bigger and was more instrumental to Real Madrid last season but that's just me. In Euros Ronaldo also failed vs Spain and didn't even get to take a kick
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:33 am

windkick wrote:
Blue wrote:Think Ronaldo should win it, he had a great year for club and nation. I think it should come down to Ronaldo or Messi, but Ronaldo takes it for me.

Ronaldo missed a clutch pk the following day vs Bayern. Also I'd say Benz came up bigger and was more instrumental to Real Madrid last season but that's just me. In Euros Ronaldo also failed vs Spain and didn't even get to take a kick

lol just lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 am

CR7 should win this hands down... and peeps who know me realize that i'm a CR7 critic. You cannot find a thing wrong with his performance in 2012. He's played huge in big games an NT, which was the recent criticism.

Would be a crime if he doesn't get it.

But then again, how can you respect an award that doesn't have Ibra in its top 3 lol. It should be Ibra, Messi and CR7 up there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 am

Ronaldo should win it if we are completely honest, but what halamadrid said - Missi will win it or even Iniesta (lol).

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Messi was the better player last season. It's not about what the team wins. If that was the case then Sneijder would of won it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Ronaldo should win it if we are completely, but what halamadrid said - Missi will win it or even Iniesta (lol).

You seem like a Madrid fan lol.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Messi really should win. If ronaldo had won champions league then it should go to him but he didnt, he missed his chance, la liga title isnt enough to sway it towards him imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Messi was the better player last season. It's not about what the team wins. If that was the case then Sneijder would of won it.

It's about who was more influential/contributed the most to his team. And if that's the case, CR7 should win it clearly. The guy was the difference to win La Liga. Just look at this season so far - CR has been crap in small games but a huge beast in big games. We've been winning our big games but just choking so hard vs smaller teams. I think it's becouse CR isn't carrying us.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Se7en wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Messi was the better player last season. It's not about what the team wins. If that was the case then Sneijder would of won it.

It's about who was more influential/contributed the most to his team. And if that's the case, CR7 should win it clearly. The guy was the difference to win La Liga. Just look at this season so far - CR has been crap in small games but a huge beast in big games. We've been winning our big games but just choking so hard vs smaller teams. I think it's becouse CR isn't carrying us.

This is actually the opposite of the facts. [/backmeupjiopsi] Barça without Messi wouldn't have even ended second, where as Madrid without Ronaldo would have ended first. In the end it's the small games that give you the edge. Anyway, if you look at individual performance (goals, assists and the mentioned importance to the team) Messi should win it hands down. But I'd love to see Xavi take it.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:21 pm

For the past 4-5 years no one even comes close to Messi performance wise. that's a fact.

but Ballon d'or isn't all about that. i think Ronaldo deserves it as much as Messi. Iniesta? no way. even in Euro's he wasn't that good. Pirlo did better than him.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Madvillain wrote:
Se7en wrote:

This is actually the opposite of the facts. [/backmeupjiopsi] Barça without Messi wouldn't have even ended second, where as Madrid without Ronaldo would have ended first. In the end it's the small games that give you the edge. Anyway, if you look at individual performance (goals, assists and the mentioned importance to the team) Messi should win it hands down. But I'd love to see Xavi take it.

Yeah, and Messi pushed them through in the big games?

The answer is *drumrolls* no. In fact, Messi was the reason they didnt reach the finals in CL. In fact, I blame Messi for alot of Barca's losses last season. yeah he carried them alot, but he choked in alot of them aswell, being too lazy and caring too little to be influential, which was the biggest reason to barcas horrible away form
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next