Onyx
Le Samourai
FalcaoPunch
Highburied
crazzyblanco
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sergio Ramos: I don't know whether Mourinho punished me - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergio Ramos: I don't know whether Mourinho punished me

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
white_star wrote:Why don't you read the fraking thread and those exact words are mentioned!
What post coming from a Madrid fan says he is crap or garbage or whatever.
Se7en wrote:I don't think Ramos would start for us at CB if he didn't have political protection. Mourinho probably benched him becouse we couldn't afford a loss and he is crap.

Varane deserves to start over Ramos. The pairing of Ramos-Pepe is just horrible and Ramos should return to RB and stop being so crap.
Does Se7en equate too
white_star wrote:GL Madrid fans :facepalm:

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sergio Ramos: I don't know whether Mourinho punished me - Page 3 Empty Re: Sergio Ramos: I don't know whether Mourinho punished me

Post by white_star Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
white_star wrote:Why don't you read the fraking thread and those exact words are mentioned!
What post coming from a Madrid fan says he is crap or garbage or whatever.

Seriously? You protect your boys fine with me.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Real Madrid will never become a dominant team in Spain and Europe with current defenders.

There is Pepe whos temper is worse than mine. Any other manager would struggle to manage this dude.

Ramos whos playing the victim cards here. Benched after so many years of average games. Any other manager doesnt have the balls to bench this dude.

What you have here?

Two hot headed center backs.

Marcelo is the only quality player at Madrid defense. Thanks to lack of Left backs today.

Arbeloa is mehh... never convinced with him.

An ideal Madrid backline would be:

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Marcelo

jk

New RB Hummels Pepe/Ramos Marcelo

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Arbeloa is a top 3 defensive RB + he is a madridista through and through. Pepe-Ramos is the best CB partnership in the world atm.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 pm

we are already a dominant team in europe...

no need for hummels, young Varane is a start in the making. And Pepe and Ramos are both quality on their own. Their partnership is however unorthodox, and still needs work. I see no reasons why it wouldnt work given time.

Our problem is, and will always be the midfield cover, i dont rate the association of Alonso and Khedira at all.

That's about it, that doesnt mean we can win a CL, dream teams are only perfect in dreams, and there is no proof that your supposed ideal defense wouldnt get whooped around too.

we do need a new RB tho, i will agree to that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 pm

arbeloa is not a top 3 rb... come on now Suspect
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:arbeloa is not a top 3 rb... come on now Suspect

In terms of defensive skills I can't find better RBs other than Sagna and Lahm.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 pm

he said defensive RB tbf, we have subdivision now you know...

we have

attacking RB
defensive RB
counter attacking RB
possession RB
box to box RB

somewhere in the universe Cissokho and maxwell are top something.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:36 pm

highburied wrote:Real Madrid will never become a dominant team in Spain and Europe with current defenders.

There is Pepe whos temper is worse than mine. Any other manager would struggle to manage this dude.

Ramos whos playing the victim cards here. Benched after so many years of average games. Any other manager doesnt have the balls to bench this dude.

What you have here?

Two hot headed center backs.

Marcelo is the only quality player at Madrid defense. Thanks to lack of Left backs today.

Arbeloa is mehh... never convinced with him.

An ideal Madrid backline would be:

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Marcelo

jk

New RB Hummels Pepe/Ramos Marcelo

We have Varane for CB.

We'll probably get a RB soon anyway.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Oh maybe after a year I still find it hard to explain the main problem in Madrids defense.

Is it chemistry between Pepe and Ramos that aint working?

Is it that both players have this OH IM THE LEADER AND YOU DO WHAT I SAY mentality?

Something is wrong there...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Its the style itself, when your whole squad is built on counter attacking/dominating oppositions, it will have some problems. I dont think Madrids defence is a big issue here, just a loss of form atm.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Pepe is the best DEfender in Europe ATM<

can;t believe people ar arguing if its Ramos
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

aleumdance wrote:Pepe is the best DEfender in Europe ATM<

can;t believe people ar arguing if its Ramos

Agreed.

Pepe

Kompany/Silva

Everyone else.

That's how good he is.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:15 pm

i don't think arbeloa is even top 3 defensively anymore as he can't make a standard overlap and recover defensively in time. even a defensive rb needs to be able to do that. i think he actually needs to move to cb... which is what most fullbacks do when they lose too much pace assuming they have the size.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:56 pm

still dont get why carjaval was sold!!! we dont even have a back up for arbeola!! mou and his treatment of youth :brickwall: we need someone like vdb or valdano in charge to properly utilise our youth products or we'll soon see jese and morata turn into canales 2.0
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I actually think the Carvajal deal was a good one. We have buyback rights for several years. He gets to go learn his trade in a top league with another team... when and if he's ready, we buy him back.

That's how we got Callejon btw. Sahin is on loan. Carvajal has a buyback. Canales as well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 pm

crazzyblanco wrote:still dont get why carjaval was sold!!! we dont even have a back up for arbeola!! mou and his treatment of youth :brickwall: we need someone like vdb or valdano in charge to properly utilise our youth products or we'll soon see jese and morata turn into canales 2.0
Umm... The best option for Carvajal was to get some time for a top team in the Bundesliga. Not play backup to Arbeloa. Ramos or Khedira can cover Arbeloa. We've got Varane and Albiol for CB if Ramos goes out wide.

Not to mention that the player also has a say in such deals. Who is to say that Carvajal would have accepted a back-up role instead of playing for Leverkusen?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
crazzyblanco wrote:still dont get why carjaval was sold!!! we dont even have a back up for arbeola!! mou and his treatment of youth :brickwall: we need someone like vdb or valdano in charge to properly utilise our youth products or we'll soon see jese and morata turn into canales 2.0
Umm... The best option for Carvajal was to get some time for a top team in the Bundesliga. Not play backup to Arbeloa. Ramos or Khedira can cover Arbeloa. We've got Varane and Albiol for CB if Ramos goes out wide.

Not to mention that the player also has a say in such deals. Who is to say that Carvajal would have accepted a back-up role instead of playing for Leverkusen?

truth.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Essien can also play RB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm

highburied wrote:Oh maybe after a year I still find it hard to explain the main problem in Madrids defense.

Is it chemistry between Pepe and Ramos that aint working?

Is it that both players have this OH IM THE LEADER AND YOU DO WHAT I SAY mentality?

Something is wrong there...

Not a mentality issue, but both are skilled in the same way although Pepe is more developed. Ramos doesnt cover Pepe's weaknesses well enough.

Also, there's a midfield cover issue.

All and all, Ramos is still learning the game as CB, while Pepe is finally calming himself now and reaching his best level. They are bound to get better that's for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 pm

@Mr.Nick - I agree with you.

Ramos is develop-ing as a CB. Everyone makes mistakes, but only a few accept and the wise learn. He should shut his mouth and accept & learn from his mistakes.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 am

Raamos - future Barca legend cheers
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

LOL Barca
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 am

crazzyblanco wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Pepe and Ramos are kinda similar, but overall I think Ramos is definitely better with the ball and picking out a pass etc. Pepe is the stopper while Ramos is the ball playing CB.

In terms of looking at CB's, I think it's important to look at everything that a CB does, not just the pure defending.

Exactly my point!! Ramos has the never say die attitude which the fans simply love. Everyone remembers the 2-6 game for barca's brilliance, but does anyone remember his goal and how he rushed to pick the ball out of the net and implore his teammates to keep going?? It was one of many instances of Ramos acting as a leader. He may be a bit hot headed but he's got the heart of a lion. He's a vice captain for a reason!! Puyol and Maldini called him their heir for a reason and those guys know a thing or two about defending!! He's an all action defender who's a constant threat to the opposition's goal during every set piece. I wouldnt swap him for any other defender!!

i'm glad you brought that up , i might as well remind everyone that in that match, ramos's Stupid monkey flip cost us Henry's first goal and reduced our lead.... brava ramos...

OT: Pepe is the Best CB in Real Madrid, and probably the world.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3