McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 am

Ian Ayre: We will continue to strengthen (the squad) throughout January.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 am

That probably just means Ince Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 am

Ince is seeming less and less likely due to Blackpool's attempts to drive his price up. If anything I'd say we're probably looking to move on to other targets since the Blackpool manager keeps trying to due their business in public.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:20 am

Arquitecto wrote:While your apologies to Red is admirable, you still would potentially offend him by how you describe Steven Gerrard. Why?

Reason he gets paid so much is not only for his record service to the club but how vital he really is for the club as a whole. His presence alone on and off the pitch as well as his obvious leadership is invaluable, whether to the youngsters or seniors. You must understand he IS the voice of Liverpool as since we aren't within Melwood, we cannot fully understand the extent of his leadership and how important it really is. Sure the club is full of leaders like Carra, Suarez, Agger, Pepe and Lucas. Yet, no one aside from Kenny Dalglish knows Liverpool, its structure, its philosophy and literally its pure existence than Gerrard himself.

Not only that, but 5 goals and 8 assists is fantastic from such a deep player. Yes he has had his bad moments of dis balancing the system, giving away balls in the midfield leading to goals. Yet NO ONE within our team can stamp such authority, control and vision as of yet as Gerrard has done. Not a single player. This just isn't his vocal marshalling of the players but his play itself and how his lung busting role just keeps us flowing, more decisive, making us look more dangerous. Have you seen his stats for key Passes? Chances created? Have you even seen him in his new free role for us? Been the best player in the past 2-3 games for us.

Not only that, but he has been doing it in a position which is far from his best, and quite frankly, he has become a revelation. Its no surprise he took a while adjusting to a system in which he wasn't used to or in favour of. But the fact that he has taken our games by the balls after so much criticism makes him worth every single pence of the wages he is paid.

I don't mistake you for a troll like the others as I find it harsh. But you need to stop being so critical without definite reason and to the icons we hold so dear.

My point is that Steven Gerrard will have to know his role at one point in his career and just stop playing, like Jamie Carragher has. Yet he has the audacity to say that he can play the "Paul Scholes role" 2-3 years from now. It's his arrogance and feigned entitlement to the squad that irks me, and the fact that there will likely be no permanent transfers to replace Steven Gerrard at Liverpool Football Club until he would quit. He is a good leader, but being a leader does not mean much when you cannot provide a positive influence to the team with your play. I have already acknowledged the fact that he is a club legend, but simply being a legend and being our most reputable player does not mean you can have a starting role week in, week out, and being vested in a free role for one of the biggest clubs in the world. The best player at Liverpool Football Club is Luis Suarez by a major distance, yet his influence at the club is marginal compared to Steven Gerrard's.

He has 8 assists which is a great statistic, but how many of our set pieces does he take? How many attempted "hollywood passes" does he attempt? It's as if his poor performances as an all-around player are being swept over simply because he contributes on the scoresheet. It's the complete opposite with a more decisive midfielder that is blessed to be at Liverpool Football Club - Lucas Leiva. He was outstanding at the beginning of last season, but overlooked. When he was injured and there was a lack of authority in central midfield, that is when people brought up his defensive stats that were superb. He is skated over because he is so industrious and does not provide any fancy moments, yet he is one of the key cogs that would keep the Liverpool Football Club machine running. I agree that nobody has those qualities of Steven Gerrard, but there is a simple reason - nobody has been given such power under Brendan Rodgers. Whether it be the lack of footballing ability or political influence, Steven Gerrard's consistent appearances on the scoresheet has to do with all the times he attempts to do something special.

We do have good central midfielders in Nuri Sahin and Joseph Allen, a premier destroyer in Lucas Leiva, yet we have a decent pseudo-world class midfielder in Steven Gerrard. A #10 is needed in my opinion to replace Steven Gerrard - if we were to acquire Wesley Sneijder and he would perform at a high level, we would be a top 6 team without a doubt. If we were able to balance our midfield along with getting Raheem Sterling, Fabio Borini, and Daniel Sturridge to give consistently good performances to go alongside the wizardry of Luis Suarez, we would be a top 5 team. It's so simple, yet so difficult. Horrible transfer decisions have crippled Liverpool Football Club to the point where we are not even considered as a good team anymore. Jordan Henderson has had decent performances recently, whereas Jonjo Shelvey is just a pitiful player. I don't see any potential in him. Stewart Downing needs to be offloaded soon, and Andrew Carroll needs to leave to hopefully recover any money and minimize all losses.

Steven Gerrard is in my opinion a cancer. Just because he shows up on the scoresheet frequently does NOT mean he is a good player. In the match against Queens Park Rangers Football Club, he was visibly frustrated with Jordan Henderson when he latched onto a loose ball near the QPR box, not knowing Steven Gerrard was attempting to take a shot. The selfless, intelligent thing to do would be to attempt to unlock the pitiful QPR defense, yet as always he went for the "hollywood" attempt at goal, which was diverted as Jordan Henderson reached the ball first. He rarely dribbles, and I do not mean Suarez-esque dribbling. He is a side-passing merchant, a hoofballer, and overrated by most people. He is not as good as most people think, and the scoresheets definitely are too kind to him. I hope that when Nuri Sahin is fully fit alongside Oussama Assaidi that there will be a more solid team to go with Fabio Borini and Daniel Sturridge. It's obvious that Martin Skrtel benefits from having the superior Daniel Agger as a partner, and that Glen Johnson is one of our most influential players. It's just that the team is underachieving as a sum of all parts compared to each of the players' individual talents.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:50 am

We're going to pay off Joe Cole to move to West Ham on a permanent deal.
We're also looking to terminate Sahin's loan.
With Carragher's retirement at the end of the season looking more and more likely, we're potentially saving over 250k a week - that's 13 million a season.

If we can get rid of Downing and perhaps maybe Doni in the summer (or even in this window), I feel we'll have a stabilised our wage bill come the summer window for us to attract better players.
__

Gerrard's cancer? Are you taking the piss? You're either a troll or you're on some sort of mission to gain attention...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:08 am

Must of went to anfield and Gerrard didn't sign his jersey.

Everybody can acknowledge who our best player is, Suarez, who our best midfielder is, Lucas. No one is saying Gerrard is still the greatest, but calling him cancer is rubbish. He played well yesterday our best player behind Suarez, if not better.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/keeper-loaned-to-welsh-side

------

Adam morgan also loaned to Rotherham, Make or Break for him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

ynwa wrote:With Carragher's retirement at the end of the season looking more and more likely, we're potentially saving over 250k a week - that's 13 million a season.

"I am open-minded, but I would not play on if I was killing the team when I played. I would not be hanging on for money or anything.

"And I would not go anywhere else. It is Liverpool or nothing for me."

- Please, let it be nothing Jamie Carragher. You are a waste on the team, and you are already killing the team if you had not noticed. You are definitely leeching off the club to break the appearances record and to make a quick buck.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm

hahahaha some total nutjob spicing up the forum pretty well! But honestly my friends i once broke a guy's nose for just saying Gerrard was a loser. . . and by the things mentioned that was nothing Shocked

Anyhow spices are important i believe :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Fahim89 wrote:i once broke a guy's nose for just saying Gerrard was a loser. . .

How long ago was this?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm

peerIess wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:i once broke a guy's nose for just saying Gerrard was a loser. . .

How long ago was this?

doesn't matter dude cause i would happily do it again! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:15 pm

A bit disappointed to see Morgan joining a League 2 side... I would have hoped we/he'd have looked a bit higher for a loan move. First team football is certainly the goal but I would think he's good enough to get regular time in a League 1 or even lower-half Championship side at the moment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
peerIess wrote:

How long ago was this?

doesn't matter dude cause i would happily do it again! Very Happy

Very Happy Fahim

@PeerIess: I thought I was the only one that didn't get along with you, but seems like you're very good at making friends. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:49 pm

RedOranje wrote:A bit disappointed to see Morgan joining a League 2 side... I would have hoped we/he'd have looked a bit higher for a loan move. First team football is certainly the goal but I would think he's good enough to get regular time in a League 1 or even lower-half Championship side at the moment.

Definitely on the same wavelength as you on this one Red. Very disappointed we're loaning him out to a League Two side. In fact I believe our Reserves are much better than the best of the League Two sides.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm

To me it doesn't make a difference whether Morgan went on loan to the Championship or League Two. As long as he gets games in League Two it's all good. A chance for us to see whether he's any good or not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 am

GTFI :bow: :bow:

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 Skarmavbild_2013-01-03_kl._14.37.44
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:22 am

drinking
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 am

Not been linked with a LB at all yet... scratch
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 am

maybe BR will pull an 'Assaidi' type signing for the LB position.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 am

Guys who gives a shit if he thinks Gerrard is shit, his entitled to his opinion stop making feel like it's us vs him, this is LFC, welcome him in with open arms, what are we going to let a little matter of opinion get in between having the greatest thing in common.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:28 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:GTFI :bow: :bow:

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 Skarmavbild_2013-01-03_kl._14.37.44

The best transfer news of the window for us :bow:

RedOranje wrote:Not been linked with a LB at all yet... scratch

We most likely won't be in this window. I read in one of BR's interview that he would be looking into LB's & a CAM in the Summer window not in January. So, for now i presume Glen on as LB till Enrique gets fit. & maybe Robbo during FA Cup ties hmm

mr-r34 wrote:Guys who gives a shit if he thinks Gerrard is shit, his entitled to his opinion stop making feel like it's us vs him, this is LFC, welcome him in with open arms, what are we going to let a little matter of opinion get in between having the greatest thing in common.

I am sorry mate I have never shown such outright negative stance towards anyone else but you know . . . . . its STEVIE G he is talking about! does tend to crawl up your skin too much The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 2276801876
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

Joe Cole completes West Ham move

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/joe-cole-completes-west-ham-move

OFFICIAL!!!! Chaka drinking banana
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 am

Let the party BEGIN drinking
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

That frees up about 5-10 million in the long run i guess.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm

hahaha, cole completes circle oof his life, good luck to him for his new journey!

but just read that holtby has agreed to join spurs, I had always hoped that he will sign for liverpool Rolling Eyes

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:02 pm

If Holtby indeed joins Tottenham in the summer, that will be a great signing for them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next