The Messiah
McAgger
B-Mac
Sushi Master
EL Patron
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why does Mancini struggle so bad in the champions league  - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Mancini struggle so bad in the champions league

Post by Lord Hades Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 am

Above average manageR

Just about managed to win the pl from the hands of vastly inferior united squad. had it easy in serie a with all the other teams in transition etc etc

always flopped in europe

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why does Mancini struggle so bad in the champions league  - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Mancini struggle so bad in the champions league

Post by kiranr Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:06 am

ynwa wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:@Ynwa.

It's just something I've come to the conclusion to watching him repeat his own mistakes over and over again because he doesn't like to diverge from a very stoic , rigid gameplan that he prefers in particular situations.

That in a sense is what limited means, failure to adapt to maximize your talent and to exploit situations.

He has mastered various concepts and that along with squads built to emphasize those concepts have lead to success and great teams along the way, but presented with a different scenario the all too untimely relapse into the same structures which brought him success in the past limits what we can actually do as a team....potentially.

You've obviously seen me him more than I have as I've been restricted to watching Madrid so I can't really argue with no evidence... although I just don't understand how somebody who is one of the better managers in the world - one of few to win the competition 3 times can do it with limited tactical awareness.

He's obviously going to favour the strategies that brought him success more frequently, but surely you can't deny that he sets up his team differently when he vses different opposition to do his utmost to get the result needed.

Why do you keep saying 3 times? We are talking about Mourinho here right?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

City's problems is that they were handed the toughest of groups both times, Mancini was in a situation at Ajax where you don't want to find yourself in. It was a must win game and the pressure wasn't dealt with.

The main flaw of this team he built is it's over reliance on Silva, Nasri's flopping and Yaya only plays well when his team is attacking imo.

I think despite spending so much money his squad isn't as good as people believe. City didn't improve at all from last year, they just added fringe players. Mancini needs a WC play maker for rotation/competition with Silva, he also needs to stabilize his defence.

He has good but limited options upfront, I'm not a huge fan of baloteli or tevez, so if that's the complete squad Mancini desired then yeah he has his shortcomings as a manager because with so much funds he should have better talent at his disposal

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:18 am

Mancini's problem is that he is too simple. He tries to play the same way in every game, which might be all right in your domestic league, but not in Europe. Also his last-roll-of-the-dice tactic of throwing every striker on the pitch when they need a goal is video game stuff, really.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 am

Poor tacticaly.Unorganized,extremely poor style of play,unmotivated players with 90% if not hundered of em playing for the money and shite midfield.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 am

Lord Hades wrote:Above average manageR

Just about managed to win the pl from the hands of vastly inferior united squad. had it easy in serie a with all the other teams in transition etc etc

always flopped in europe

Bro amnesia is a serious illness......Your forgetting that in a short time, mourinho managed to win the CL with an inter side not making it past group stages for how many seasons? what about madrid? how were they faring in the CL before mourinho? wtf man, people are so fickle minded

Actually remind me how were madrid faring in the league? ffs, mourinho made pep quit....this is a barca side that is argueably one of the best to play, and madrid took the league from them....ffs give credit where it's due!

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

bloodless wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:Above average manageR

always flopped in europe

Bro amnesia is a serious illness......Your forgetting that in a short time, mourinho managed to win the CL with an inter side not making it past group stages for how many seasons? what about madrid? how were they faring in the CL before mourinho? wtf man, people are so fickle minded

Actually remind me how were madrid faring in the league? ffs, mourinho made pep quit....this is a barca side that is argueably one of the best to play, and madrid took the league from them....ffs give credit where it's due!

he's talking about mancini...

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Art Morte wrote:Mancini's problem is that he is too simple. He tries to play the same way in every game, which might be all right in your domestic league, but not in Europe. Also his last-roll-of-the-dice tactic of throwing every striker on the pitch when they need a goal is video game stuff, really.

This. Adding to it the fact that City have been put in the so called group of death in both the editions. Their cross town rivals wouldn't fare any better had they been in City's place.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm

i dont rate him tactically, hes not a good man manager.. the best thing he has going for him is that he has a great squad which is mostly due to their ridiculous buying policy.

so the reason he doesnt do well in europe is due to the fact that he is inept tactically and the competition is a much higher echelon than epl that requires more thought out tactics.

in the epl he can get by most of the time purely on his squads strength which is by far the best in the epl.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Can we stop the crap i could do what Mancini has done for City, no you could not.

Thanks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Like i said in chat, this'll be called "Mancini's master plan" at the end of the season, get destroyed in Europe so he can focus on the PL

What a brave master tactician he is, willing to sacrifice European form to fully concentrate on domestic honours
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Lex wrote:Like i said in chat, this'll be called "Mancini's master plan" at the end of the season, get destroyed in Europe so he can focus on the PL

What a brave master tactician he is, willing to sacrifice European form to fully concentrate on domestic honours

lol No

He is not purposefully losing to the teams from Europe.. He cant qualify because Man City are just not good enough for Europe.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 pm

He's also a coward. Too defensive. Remember against Arsenal a year ago? Park the boss and not even let cross the halfway line.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by ericalism Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Because City was put in a group which include the champions from the big leagues :brickwall:

ericalism
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 pm

The Messiah wrote:If he has a team like Bayern Munich he will be winning champions league matches, look at city squad, apart from Toure, Aguero, Tevez, Silva and Dzeko is there any other player you can mention there that is not highly over-rated.

His team is weak and he needs to be given more resources to buy new players, he hasn't received enough money that will allow him win CPL

Please tell me what this thread has to do wit Bayern??? You are so obsessed about Bayern you bring it into every conversation i bet you are fraking a girl you probably say "hey babe I bet bayern players can frack you better then me".

STOP!!!! Are you even German?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 am

white_star wrote:STOP!!!! Are you even German?
AFAIK not. At least he doesn't speak any German.

As for the topic - being twice in the hardest group is probably harsh, but shouldn't be an excuse as to win the CL you should be able to win against strong teams, too. I think Mancini's biggest problem is very likely the soldier mentality of most of his players and them lacking heart.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 am

Are there any City supporters on this forum? I think the lack of support for Mancini kind of speaks for itself. While I do kind of agree with Messiah in terms of City's talent being overrated. What made them so dominate early in the season last year was their back line, which has been virtually non-existent in games that matter since last January.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 am

kiranr wrote:[Why do you keep saying 3 times? We are talking about Mourinho here right?

Apologies. Always saw Mourinho's objective to try and break Paisley's record.

I do think he'll match it eventually.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:01 am

Adit wrote:
lol No

He is not purposefully losing to the teams from Europe.. He cant qualify because Man City are just not good enough for Europe.

Any top coach would guide that City team far into the late stages of the CL whilst dominating the league also.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2