Dante
Rossonero23
arabprince
Casciavit
pUsHa
shamr9pato
14 posters

Go down

Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion  Empty Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Milan: A court in Italy has convicted former Premier Silvio Berlusconi of tax fraud and sentenced him to four years in prison.

In Italy, cases must pass two levels of appeal before the verdicts are final. Berlusconi is expected to appeal.

The conviction Friday was the media mogul's first; other criminal probes and trials had ended in acquittal or were thrown out for statute of limitations. Earlier in the week, Berlusconi had announced he wouldn't run for a fourth term. The 76-year-old media mogul wasn't in the courtroom for the verdict on the case stemming from dealings in his Mediaset business empire.

Back to top Go down

Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion  Empty Re: Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion

Post by shamr9pato Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:45 pm

*bleep*.. our club is doomed.. m gonna where my milan shirt and walk the city streets tonyt.. ill run in the middle of the road hoping a truck would somehow come and crush me..
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion  Empty Re: Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion

Post by pUsHa Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Great stuff , one less criminal ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

i just hope he sells some of his milanese shares nw
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Our club image is sinking day by day and now this :facepalm:

He has been accused before and has been in countless of trials and they have never resulted in him going to jail.

I highly doubt it will happen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Good! I hope he sells the club to an Arab Very Happy
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 pm

can you say appeal process??? lol

berlusconi will never go to jail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/silvio-berlusconi/8410667/Silvio-Berlusconi-the-man-of-2500-court-hearings.html

untouchable!!! Cool
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 pm

You Italians must take some action .. I mean , Jail ..? Right for appeal ? Too soft..too democratic.

Here's a suggestion : You re Catholics ; you dig crusifications..
Milanisti didn't manage to do it when he sold Kaka , neither when Ibra and Thiago was sold. Those werer serious crimes people , can't let go like that. It's time for collective , national action this time ; take the initiative will ya

you could even do it inside the Colosseum , you know , give tourism a good push Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Lol.....Where else does this happen?
Italy is so corrupt
Jail sentence reduced from 4 years to 1 year just in the space of 2 hours. I won't be surprised if the next verdict has the judge sentencing himself to jail in place of Don Silvio

Silvio takes corruption to a whole new level
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 pm

For anyone like me who has lived and breathed in Italia for more then 8 years, you will know Berlusconi will not spend a day in jail. Not because the Italian system is that corrupt, but because Berlusconi's power is so great it goes beyond the country and into Europe and Middle East.

Even if he does (which he won't), I couldn't care less. He has tried to bring down my mothers country and now my maternal club.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 pm

uzonero wrote:Lol.....Where else does this happen?
Italy is so corrupt
Jail sentence reduced from 4 years to 1 year just in the space of 2 hours. I won't be surprised if the next verdict has the judge sentencing himself to jail in place of Don Silvio

Silvio takes corruption to a whole new level

While i am particularly ashamed to say this , but.. Where?

Where there's actualy a law that protects politicians from justice itself ; Where a politician(neo-nazi) slaps 7 times another politician and instead of the (woman)victim suing him , the opposite happens . Only in Greece people .

Democracy my ass , more like delolcracy :coffee:

As for Berlusconi, i have to agree with Arquitecto . He won't spend a day in jail ; they couldn't do it before for more serious stuff , what will change now. He'll just pay what he needs to pay , after his legal team will reduce jail time to some funny economical punishment and that's about it.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 am

He will get out of this somehow. With one appeal, he's got it reduced to 1 yr in prison (the title of this thread should be changed to reflect that). With another appeal, he will probably get off entirely and the court will have to play him compensation for legal fees instead!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:22 am

Jail?

Silvio Berlusconi gets four years in jail over tax evasion  19165769
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:For anyone like me who has lived and breathed in Italia for more then 8 years, you will know Berlusconi will not spend a day in jail. Not because the Italian system is that corrupt, but because Berlusconi's power is so great it goes beyond the country and into Europe and Middle East.

Even if he does (which he won't), I couldn't care less. He has tried to bring down my mothers country and now my maternal club.
pal you should know better than this.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:51 am

Casciavit wrote:

He has been accused before and has been in countless of trials and they have never resulted in him going to jail.

OT: just wanted to say great user name/profile pic Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

OT: just wanted to say great user name/profile pic Thumbs up

Thanks mate! Yours isn't bad yourself, nothings better then the colors of ac milan!
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23034167

:whistle:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/italy_court_rejects_berlusconi_appeal_qRKK1sQWKEIfCNWxEehEfJ
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 pm

What has it been now, 6th time he's going to jail?

More chance of us signing Hummels
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down