Art Morte
McAgger
Nishankly
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PL has shit officials - Page 3 Empty Re: PL has shit officials

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 pm

“I asked him after the game if it was offside and he said ‘I think so’. That’s not good enough. If every decision in this league is based on ‘we think so’ then we’re in trouble." - Steven Gerrard

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Super_Floren was right. We should make that a t-shirt.

PL has shit officials - Page 3 805-80
.....................................:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

He tried to warn us.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 pm

If you think PL refs are bad you havens seen La Liga refs Laughing

My Conclusion: Refs are bad everywhere Laughing

Although they are only human and only see the incident once..... especially the Hernandez offside there is no way in hell he can see that.

There's about 4 Chelsea players blocking his view.

Anyway i don't want video replay that is too much i still want debate and not take everything away which makes football great.

Goal-line sure but that's it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If you think PL refs are bad you havens seen La Liga refs Laughing

Although they are only human and only see the incident once..... especially the Hernandez offside there is no way in hell he can see that.

Anyway i don't want video replay that is too much i still want debate and not take everything away which makes football great.

So u would prefer matches being decided by incompetentance referees rather than players?

As for debate now we all have now is just moaning about referees rather than about quality of performances which is what football should be about.

The other two sports i follow(field Hockey and Cricket) have introduced video replay and that has drastically increased the quality of refereeing.And more importantly even referees also came out and said how much VR has helped them and saved them from undeserving criticism and villification.

Infact dont think much time will be reduced considering the amount of time players spent on diving , theatrics and intimidating the referees by surrounding them.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If you think PL refs are bad you havens seen La Liga refs Laughing

Referee mistakes do not make football great....quite the contrary
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Nope but post match debate does.....

Eliminating human error from the game is basically eliminating large pecntage of discussion.

Just think of the dudes in bars and pubs Laughing

There will be absolutely nothing to talk about, i for one don't want human error eliminated.

Goal line i get because that is fact plus the game would be slowed down to a stand still.

People talk about Cricket and Tennis and all that but the game is constantly stopping.

F*ck that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nope but post match debate does.....

Eliminating human error from the game is basically eliminating large pecntage of discussion.

There will be absolutely nothing to talk about, i for one don't want human error eliminated.

Goal line i get because that is fact plus the game would be slowed down to a stand still.

People talk about Cricket and Tennis and all that but the game is constantly stopping.

F*ck that.

for me goal line technology makes sense, if you score you score, you should be rewarded as it directly effects the games outcome and possibly millions of dollars for a team (in regards to relegation, championships, and champions league places etc.), but as for offside rulings and sendings off, that should be un-reviewable. no sport allows u to review infractions on rules, that should always be referees judgment, weather its penalties in hockey, american football, basketball every sport deals with human error, it's what makes us love sport, the drama of it all
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:34 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nope but post match debate does.....

F*ck that.

for me goal line technology makes sense, if you score you score, you should be rewarded as it directly effects the games outcome and possibly millions of dollars for a team (in regards to relegation, championships, and champions league places etc.), but as for offside rulings and sendings off, that should be un-reviewable. no sport allows u to review infractions on rules, that should always be referees judgment, weather its penalties in hockey, american football, basketball every sport deals with human error, it's what makes us love sport, the drama of it all

Completely agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

So you dont want technology as it will remove all the post match banter ? Great reasoning Mole rofl

But then game does stop at times when there is constant diving ,crowding around refs whenever there is a foul often leading to time wasting ,it happens often tbh and people choose to ignore that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Shit refereeing making football better nowdays. :bow:

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

I never said i don't want technology.... i want goal line technology.

I just don't want video reviews for things like red cards and offside etc etc.

Leave that as is.

by Nishank on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Shit refereeing making football better nowdays.

Never said that but ok Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 pm

This horse has been beaten to death but in the end if the Ref can't do his job then there is no point in using technology. You may as well have someone watching the game from the director's box in the stadium watching all the action on multiple screens and when he sees something on one of his screens he announces his decision via the stadium speakers. Maybe have a huge ass hologram of a floating head appear whenever a big decision needs to be made for added cool effect.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm

So if a team gets relegated because of one of their player sent off wrongly or because of an offside goal, its okay.....because there would be post match banter.

F**k logic Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never said i don't want technology.... i want goal line technology.

I just don't want video reviews for things like red cards and offside etc etc.

Leave that as is.

by Nishank on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Shit refereeing making football better nowdays.

Never said that but ok Rolling Eyes

if you don't like that game so much stop watching it, find another sport, but you will find the same refereeing in all sports....so maybe you all should just stop watching sports all together then. you clearly want sports to become predictable and robotic.....ya no thanks, not me
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:50 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

Er correct goal wrongly ruled offside(ex:Suarez one) or offside goal wrongly awarded (ex:hernandez) or dives that win penalty doesnt directly affect the outcome of the games or relegation or championships or CL places? Laughing

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Barrettinator wrote:So if a team gets relegated because of one of their player sent off wrongly or because of an offside goal, its okay.....because there would be post match banter.

F**k logic Laughing

a player being sent off doesn't put a goal on the board.....are we playing on red aggregate in your fantasy football world???
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:53 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:So if a team gets relegated because of one of their player sent off wrongly or because of an offside goal, its okay.....because there would be post match banter.

F**k logic Laughing

a player being sent off doesn't put a goal on the board.....are we playing on red aggregate in your fantasy football world???
ffs are you that naive? A player sent off gives the other team an advantage they wouldn't normally have(just in case you needed an explanation for that).

"Giving a drug addict a key to a room full of drugs doesn't mean you put the drugs in his system"

Genius! Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:57 pm

So we shouldnt use technology because :

1.Fans need to moan about referees and then abuse abuse them off the field(on tiwtter etc)

2.Dives or offside decisions dont affect results even if they result in goals just like goal line decisions

3.And more importantly Referees have the right to be incompetent.

:hatsoff: Astounding logic.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

F**k logic Laughing

ffs are you that naive? A player sent off gives the other team an advantage they wouldn't normally have(just in case you needed an explanation for that).

"Giving a drug addict a key to a room full of drugs doesn't mean you put the drugs in his system"

Genius! Laughing

yes but that doesn't mean the other team still can't go on to win the game. just because a player get's sent off doesn't mean the other team will automatically take advantage of it. they still have to go and score a goal, anyone can still win the game
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

F**k logic Laughing

Genius! Laughing

yes but that doesn't mean the other team still can't go on to win the game. just because a player get's sent off doesn't mean the other team will automatically take advantage of it. they still have to go and score a goal, anyone can still win the game
Meaning the game is still on fair grounds?

Wow.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Why are you guys talking about logic? These are opinions on what they think of the current ref situation. That's not "logic" lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Zealous wrote:Why are you guys talking about logic? These are opinions on what they think of the current ref situation. That's not "logic" lol

:bow: there is a sign of intelligent life
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:11 pm

the more technology you add the more the game will be slowed down.

goal line technology is a fair compromise as it is an easy call to mistake, an easy technology, not much time needed to review and most importantly its the most vital call in the game (whether the ball goes in or not)

anything else is just excessive imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:the more technology you add the more the game will be slowed down.

goal line technology is a fair compromise as it is an easy call to mistake, an easy technology, not much time needed to review and most importantly its the most vital call in the game (whether the ball goes in or not)

anything else is just excessive imo.
Granted having to review a foul may be a big ask as far as time keeping goes, but offside decisions like the Suarez/Hernandez ones shouldn't take time. It doesn't take 10 seconds for those watching at home or even in the stadium to see the replay. it would be ideal to have an official for replays to signal the referee if the decision should stand or not. This shouldn't make a difference as far as time goes, considering the amount of time some players use for their celebrations.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:58 pm

There are ways to limit the amount of time being spent on replays.

Do it like Tennis. Give each manager a set amount of calls he can question (say 3 total and 4 if the game goes to ET) therefore making sure that the game is slowed down only so much. Also, the time that was previously spent protesting decisions will make the eventual loss of game time 0.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

all this time adds up though, the biggest thing that sets football apart from most other sports (and why i think its the best sport in the world) is its fluidity, the more stoppages, the more it takes away from this.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next