Lord Awesome
Art Morte
Adit
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

La Liga TV rights discrepancies - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga TV rights discrepancies

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 09:49

Then, how come Villareal don't have a cup then?

Europa's all they can do for now. You guys expect us or Atleti to beat you guys in the league and/or the CL?

When we can lose our very best to you guys?

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 09:51; edited 1 time in total

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

La Liga TV rights discrepancies - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga TV rights discrepancies

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Jun 2011, 09:50

No when did I say that? All I'm saying is that Atletico, with the 3rd highest budget and some of the most talented players in the league, should be constantly getting 3rd place, rather than 2 years in a row at 7th...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 09:57

Well Atleti are in a transition period themselves but how we haven't won anything since CDR 2009 proves what I'm trying to say.

We need more money.

Surely with more revenue most of our problems would have been solved by now. And we'd still have our spine, I think.

And Atleti with more money we'd probably wouldn't have the Aguero to Juve or RM thread(s) and De Gea leaving.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:01; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:00

If Valencia had more revenues it would just go towards servicing the debt and the cost of building the stadium, I don't think it would be much of an improvement on the football end tbh.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:04

So you don't think Silva and Villa, and heck, even Albiol's departure hasn't affected us?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:06

i will admit that im drunk atm so i might not be making much sense
but as a madrid fan, i will admit that the tv rights should be shared more equally among the la liga teams... i think the largest portion should still go to barcelona and madrid.. but the portion should be really small

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:08

Had a nice night, Ace? Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:11

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's the way la liga is ran that is at issue. The league is far from fulfulling its potential, and quite frankly there is a lot to work with.

Any passionate of the game would enjoy watching teams like Villarreal or valencia play, but those teams arent properly marketed

I don't think it has got much to do with marketing. Every football fan knows about La Liga and about Valencia and Villareal. People are aware of these "brands" and I don't know how you could market a football club to be more popular than what it is. Marketing is all about brand awareness for sports clubs, the rest you have to do by being good at that sport.

It's not all about fulfilling the league's top potential, either & imo.
BPL is in the position of being "the number one league to follow" globally and being established in that position is the best marketing a league can hope for; its success feeds itself. Even if La Liga turned out to provide higher quality football than BPL next season and for the next 10 seasons, it still wouldn't overtake BPL as the most followed league, because once people have got accustomed to following one thing, they don't switch away from it immediately even if better entertainment was made available. So, potential of a league =/= quality of a league.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:11

Lord Hispano wrote:So you don't think Silva and Villa, and heck, even Albiol's departure hasn't affected us?
Of course I do, but I think those are sales that come from the need to service debt acquired during mismanagement, not from a lack of revenue. I'm not saying Valencia don't need more revenue, but I am saying that blaming solely the TV distributions is being negligent and seeking for a scapegoat.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:12

If La Liga enforced collective bargaining they could get a similar amount of money as the EPL, or at least significantly better than right now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:17

Lord Hispano wrote:Had a nice night, Ace? Laughing
definitely... only problem is that i have to work tomorrow and have less than 5 hours of sleep left
and i am certain i'm going to feel awful in the morning

Last edited by ♠Ace on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:20; edited 1 time in total

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:19

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:So you don't think Silva and Villa, and heck, even Albiol's departure hasn't affected us?
Of course I do, but I think those are sales that come from the need to service debt acquired during mismanagement, not from a lack of revenue. I'm not saying Valencia don't need more revenue, but I am saying that blaming solely the TV distributions is being negligent and seeking for a scapegoat.
Well, this I agree with.

I'm not saying it's all due to lack of revenue. I'm only saying if we had more of the income from TV rights we wouldn't be having this problem, right now.

We'd probably be having problems similar to you guys. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:21

if there is a more equal distribution of tv money after barca's and madrid's current contracts run out i'd be ok with valencia earning a bit less if it meant that the big two's income was cut by at least a third and that money went to the bottom teams

the league's biggest problem sport-wise is that the bottom teams provide absolutely no challenge for the top 2 who simply have too much quality for them, and don't even try to tell me that can't be fixed with more money...

the issue is that clubs focus either on economical survival, in which case they stay with crap players and get relegated (see numancia a few years back) or they try and buy players to be competitive, go into debt they can't service and go down the shitter (zaragoza)...

taking money from the top 2 and giving it to the relegation battlers would improve the league a lot... not only would it help the small teams, it would in the long term force barcelona and madrid to do better with their transfers... ffs the money spent on kaka, keirrison, henrique and caceres could run the entire bottom half of the table for two years...

and for the record, i don't blame barcelona or madrid for this, milking as much money out of tv deals as possible is exactly what i would have done, i blame the imbeciles who run la liga who allowed them to do that

also, don't blame the lack of revenue for valencia's debt, blame the fat piece of shit who ran the club for 6 years
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:23

♠️Ace wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Had a nice night, Ace? Laughing
definitely... only problem is that i have to work tomorrow and have less than 5 hours of sleep left

Nothing a little Red Bull can't fix, I hope. Laughing

Well, I'm gonna hit the sack myself so Good Night, then.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:27

che wrote:if there is a more equal distribution of tv money after barca's and madrid's current contracts run out i'd be ok with valencia earning a bit less if it meant that the big two's income was cut by at least a third and that money went to the bottom teams

the league's biggest problem sport-wise is that the bottom teams provide absolutely no challenge for the top 2 who simply have too much quality for them, and don't even try to tell me that can't be fixed with more money...

the issue is that clubs focus either on economical survival, in which case they stay with crap players and get relegated (see numancia a few years back) or they try and buy players to be competitive, go into debt they can't service and go down the shitter (zaragoza)...

taking money from the top 2 and giving it to the relegation battlers would improve the league a lot... not only would it help the small teams, it would in the long term force barcelona and madrid to do better with their transfers... ffs the money spent on kaka, keirrison, henrique and caceres could run the entire bottom half of the table for two years...

and for the record, i don't blame barcelona or madrid for this, milking as much money out of tv deals as possible is exactly what i would have done, i blame the imbeciles who run la liga who allowed them to do that

also, don't blame the lack of revenue for valencia's debt, blame the fat piece of shit who ran the club for 6 years

I forgot his name, but yeah that's another factor (main one actually) as to why we're in a slump, right now.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:34

How is other clubs mismanagement an excuse for only Barca and Madrid pocketing most of the money.2 wrongs dont make it right.

Wouldnt sharing TV revenue fairly help these clubs manage debts in a far better way like PL clubs(Bolton,Everton etc)?

Not sharing TV revenue fairly is a bigger issue than Clubs mismanagement in La Liga not being competitive.Bottom tier teams hardly have any money to buy decent players and establish themselves like a Stoke or Bolton.Always needing to rely on cheap bargains would hardly help the league being competitive.

Agree blaming Barca and Real is unfair the blame should lie on the incompetent Laliga administrators.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:39

BeautifulGame wrote:How is other clubs mismanagement an excuse for only Barca and Madrid pocketing most of the money.2 wrongs dont make it right.

Wouldnt sharing TV revenue fairly help these clubs manage debts in a far better way like PL clubs(Bolton,Everton etc)?

Not sharing TV revenue fairly is a bigger issue than Clubs mismanagement in La Liga not being competitive.

Agree blaming Barca and Real is unfair the blame should lie on the incompetent Laliga administrators.

Nope. The reason they are in debt is because of mismanagement, not because of T.V. money. Che, summed it up nicely.

And, how does it make sense to just give people money if they have a history of misusing it? The money will help the lower half of the league but are they sensible enough to us it wisely is a bigger problem.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:54

izzy26 wrote:
Nope. The reason they are in debt is because of mismanagement, not because of T.V. money. Che, summed it up nicely.

I am not denying that Laliga clubs are in debt because of mismanagement but having TV revenue would have helped reducing that debts to a large extent and helped them being competitive just like PL clubs.Do u think PL clubs are not mismanaged yet they serve their debt and manage to be competitive?

izzy26 wrote:
And, how does it make sense to just give people money if they have a history of misusing it? The money will help the lower half of the league but are they sensible enough to us it wisely is a bigger problem.

Sorry completely disagree with this.Barca too mismanaged money and are in debt then why they get huge share of revenue.

Saying they might not use the money properly hence they shouldnt be given the money is completely wrong.Its their money and they deserve it and have a right to get a proper share.No one else can pass a judgement on how they will use the money even without giving them in the first place.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:58

Lord Hispano wrote:
I forgot his name, but yeah that's another factor (main one actually) as to why we're in a slump, right now.

Juan Soler.
La Liga TV rights discrepancies - Page 2 Juan-soler
Biggest piece of crap i've ever seen.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:06

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

I am not denying that Laliga clubs are in debt because of mismanagement but having TV revenue would have helped reducing that debts to a large extent and helped them being competitive just like PL clubs.Do u think PL clubs are not mismanaged yet they serve their debt and manage to be competitive?

izzy26 wrote:

Sorry completely disagree with this.Barca too mismanaged money and are in debt then why they get huge share of revenue.

Saying they might not use the money properly hence they shouldnt be given the money is completely wrong.Its their money and they deserve it and have a right to get a proper share.No one else can pass a judgement on how they will use the money even without giving them in the first place.

I'm sorry, WHAT? Money they deserve?

It is not money they deserve, they earn the money through knowing how to manage their clubs correctly. Barca's finacial problems only really became a problem 2 years back, when a T.V. deal was already signed. So don't see your point there.

You get what you deserve and many of the la liga clubs have shown poor finacial behaviour in the last couple years. Giving them money may only sort out the problem in the short term, this is a problem that needs to be sorted out for the long-term.
You can not just assume that in giving them money will ultimately sort out the problem, what if they misuse the money and and their poor state returns? Are you going to suggest that they get even more money to sort that out and so on and so on.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:21

Alright so I plugged in the numbers into excel and played a bit with them. Here are my findings:

La Liga TV rights discrepancies - Page 2 Tvdistribution

The first two are just percentages of the real thing. The last one is what I believe Barcelona and Real Madrid are going to offer the other clubs: the status quo will remain, but they can collectively bargain for more money. Once they do Barca and Madrid will take 140 each. So, assuming that through collective bargaining they can increase the total by 50%, a lot of clubs would see their revenues double, but would still be comparatively not-as-well-off.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:30

izzy26 wrote:
I'm sorry, WHAT? Money they deserve?

You get what you deserve and many of the la liga clubs have shown poor finacial behaviour in the last couple years. Giving them money may only sort out the problem in the short term, this is a problem that needs to be sorted out for the long-term.
You can not just assume that in giving them money will ultimately sort out the problem, what if they misuse the money and and their poor state returns? Are you going to suggest that they get even more money to sort that out and so on and so on.

The money they deserve because they play in LaLiga and their matches are shown.What do u think will happen if only Real and Barca only play in Laliga.Or do u think only Barca and Madrid make Laliga?

Financial mismanagement has nothing to do with who gets how much money.TV money and financial mismanagement are totally different issues and are not mutually exclusive.

I ask u this.Which league divides TV revenue based on financiial mismanagement of clubs apart from LaLiga?

Using ur logic no club apart from top 4 clubs in PL should be given their fair share of TV revenue as they are mismanaged as well.If thats the case PL will end up like LaLiga too.

izzy26 wrote:

It is not money they deserve, they earn the money through knowing how to manage their clubs correctly. Barca's finacial problems only really became a problem 2 years back, when a T.V. deal was already signed. So don't see your point there.

Well does it matter when TV rights deal is signed.Barca has financial mismanagement then why should they be trusted not to waste TV money?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:42

BeautifulGame wrote:

The money they deserve because they play in LaLiga and their matches are shown.What do u think will happen if only Real and Barca only play in Laliga.Or do u think only Barca and Madrid make Laliga?

Financial mismanagement has nothing to do with who gets how much money.TV money and financial mismanagement are totally different issues and are not mutually exclusive.

I ask u this.Which league divides TV revenue based on financiial mismanagement of clubs apart from LaLiga?

Using ur logic no club apart from top 4 clubs in PL should be given their fair share of TV revenue as they are mismanaged as well.If thats the case PL will end up like LaLiga too.

Well does it matter when TV rights deal is signed.Barca has financial mismanagement then why should they be trusted not to waste TV money?

The problem is not only La Liga based though, is it? It is a world problem.

According to your logic, lets just give out money to anybody, instead of using it to stem their problems and begin clearing their debt, 'lets buy players with high wages with money we don't have and the T.V. money will bail us out and we'll contiue to do what were doing!' BULL CRAP.

This is a huge problem. Clubs in La Liga are in touble of going bust and if you think that finacial mismanagement has nothing to do with it then you are wrongly mistaken.

And I never said that T.V. revenue has sorted by Finacial management, but it is obviously a factr that is going to be taken into consideration because they look at how clubs handle their money and see whether theyhave any real control of their fiances.

It's quite clear that the figure heads in La Liga are optimsts: They always believe the best will happen. Which is a bad thing. They need to also be able to plan for the worst, which they haven't and that's why there are so many problems with La Liga.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:08

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

The problem is not only La Liga based though, is it? It is a world problem.

According to your logic, lets just give out money to anybody, instead of using it to stem their problems and begin clearing their debt, 'lets buy players with high wages with money we don't have and the T.V. money will bail us out and we'll contiue to do what were doing!' BULL CRAP.

This is a huge problem. Clubs in La Liga are in touble of going bust and if you think that finacial mismanagement has nothing to do with it then you are wrongly mistaken.

And I never said that T.V. revenue has sorted by Finacial management, but it is obviously a factr that is going to be taken into consideration because they look at how clubs handle their money and see whether theyhave any real control of their fiances.

It's quite clear that the figure heads in La Liga are optimsts: They always believe the best will happen. Which is a bad thing. They need to also be able to plan for the worst, which they haven't and that's why there are so many problems with La Liga.

Again i am repeating this.Yes Laliga clubs are in financial mess so why not give them proper money so they sort their issues.The PL does it so why cant LaLiga not doing it?

Its their right to get a proper share of the money just like its for PL clubs.Whether they mess up with it or not is a different issue.But that doent mean their proper share of money should be denied.

This is clever excuse of increasing the difference between haves and have-nots.Nothing else.

Because they might misuse it they shouldnt get their rightful share.But Real and Barca should get most of the revenue even if they waste it despite its unfair and they dont deserve it.

P.S.

As i said earlier its not Real/Barca fault more like Laliga administrators fault i agree with that.But other Laliga clubs deserve more money and have the right to claim it.Pointing out their financial mess to deny their mess is just illogical excuse.

S their financial mess should be sorted out but that dont mean the TV revenue share deserve should be denied.They are not mutually exclusive
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:43

BeautifulGame wrote:
Again i am repeating this.Yes Laliga clubs are in financial mess so why not give them proper money so they sort their issues.The PL does it so why cant LaLiga not doing it?

Its their right to get a proper share of the money just like its for PL clubs.Whether they mess up with it or not is a different issue.But that doent mean their proper share of money should be denied.

This is clever excuse of increasing the difference between haves and have-nots.Nothing else.

Because they might misuse it they shouldnt get their rightful share.But Real and Barca should get most of the revenue even if they waste it despite its unfair and they dont deserve it.

P.S.

As i said earlier its not Real/Barca fault more like Laliga administrators fault i agree with that.But other Laliga clubs deserve more money and have the right to claim it.Pointing out their financial mess to deny their mess is just illogical excuse.

S their financial mess should be sorted out but that dont mean the TV revenue share deserve should be denied.They are not mutually exclusive

Do you really believe that the T.V. money is what seperates La Liga and BPL?
BPL is the most marketable league in the world, because of this they have more foreign owners, more sponsership deals etc etc. La Liga clubs don't really compare which forces the clubs to be more wiser with their money and that has not happened.

The T.V. money is not as vital as you are tying to make it out to be. Look at cubs like Valencia and Deportivo and see the problems they have. The T.V. money issue has only become a major topic becase of the lack of fianacial contol these owners have on the clubs. It is a blantent excuse as to why clubs are doing poorly. Barca and Real have better management styles and are able to actually know the fiances of their clubs.

Is the T.V. money going to clear their debt? No. There money should be shared out more evenely, no one is denying that. Buy, if you have a history of poor fianacial control and are now looking for an excuse to blame your problems on then that is ridiculous.

You are going on like the T.V. money is what is going to revolutionise La Liga and take the into some golden age, wel it's not. Better management and more level-headed and stronger figure heads among the higher ups in La Liga will sort that. This nonsense about T.V. money is a blantent scapegoat, diverting the real issue into why La Liga clubs are so poorly ran and in finacial constraints.

And what do you expect to happen? Clubs are trying to get Barca and Real to agree to a new deal, all they have to do is look at their recent fiancial history and think to themselves, 'should we lose some money that might help out the league as a whole or will it just continue the poor management within the league?' The should want to help out the league that they play in but can only rely on others for so long. If the poor management contiues, then what next? They already have the T.V. money, so what other way is their that can stop this problem?

BETTER FINACIAL CONTROL & STRONGER LA LIGA FIGURE HEADS. That's the main problem.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu 30 Jun 2011, 19:28

izzy26 wrote:Barca and Real have better management styles and are able to actually know the fiances of their clubs.

How do you think their management is any better?

Both have infinite amounts of money. They make a mistake (and they have done plenty) TV rights clears it up. Heck, even shirt sales become a factor in clearing their debts. But I'm assuming they can't have the latter without TV rights.

Money is power gentlemen. It's the reason why we can't sustain ourselves next to you guys. And it's also the reason why you guys sustain yourselves at the top, no matter how bad your management.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next