Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Cleverley VS Wilshere Empty Re: Cleverley VS Wilshere

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Before injury Wilshere was better, and this saturday he played well. But let's way to see how he is doing after the terrible injury he had. My vote would go to him, I think he is a superclass and the next signing player that will be promtoed to Barça in the future.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Never liked these kinds of comparisons, obviously because there are a lot of factors to be considered.

Wilshere has been out for 17 months, while Cleverley has been racking up some much needed experience this year.

Cleverley has the advantage in terms of Man Utd having experienced players like Giggs,Scholes mentoring him and gradually giving him more responsibilities.

Gone are the days when Wilshere played alongside Fabregas,Song and co, he'll need some time to adjust to Arteta's and Cazorla's style.

The biggest pro for Wilshere is probably his importance for his national team. He was an England regular at the age of 19, receiving praise from Capello and other coaches before his injury.

If we really wanted to compare them fairly we should swap them in their respective teams and see what that would case.

Man Utd with Wilshere would receive some much needed grit in their midfield, which they need atm imho. With players like Valencia,Kagawa,Rooney,RVP upfront he'd have less attacking responsibilities, and could focus on setting the tempo of the game and on his defensive game.

Cleverley, while being talented wouldn't upgrade this Arsenal side much. Not sure if it is because our system, but I think he would end up as another Ramsey.

My 2 cents. Thumbs up
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Right back thread --------->

Show some class don't stoop to Ref united fans or medrid levels.

Wilshere will always be better.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Rev wrote:Never liked these kinds of comparisons, obviously because there are a lot of factors to be considered.

Wilshere has been out for 17 months, while Cleverley has been racking up some much needed experience this year.

Cleverley has the advantage in terms of Man Utd having experienced players like Giggs,Scholes mentoring him and gradually giving him more responsibilities.

Gone are the days when Wilshere played alongside Fabregas,Song and co, he'll need some time to adjust to Arteta's and Cazorla's style.

The biggest pro for Wilshere is probably his importance for his national team. He was an England regular at the age of 19, receiving praise from Capello and other coaches before his injury.

If we really wanted to compare them fairly we should swap them in their respective teams and see what that would case.

Man Utd with Wilshere would receive some much needed grit in their midfield, which they need atm imho. With players like Valencia,Kagawa,Rooney,RVP upfront he'd have less attacking responsibilities, and could focus on setting the tempo of the game and on his defensive game.

Cleverley, while being talented wouldn't upgrade this Arsenal side much. Not sure if it is because our system, but I think he would end up as another Ramsey.

My 2 cents. Thumbs up
U never know, he might one day link back up!!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Rev wrote:Never liked these kinds of comparisons, obviously because there are a lot of factors to be considered.

My 2 cents. Thumbs up
U never know, he might one day link back up!!!!

When Jack is the captain of Arsenal they all can come back.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Wilshere pre injury was better than Cleverley.

Wilshere has more potential.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

A year ago would have said Wilshere any day of the week, but now need to see first how he is after his absence. So voted for neither.

Abramovich wrote:Right back thread --------->
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't know which United fans are saying this....I have always said Wilshere is englands biggest talent aside from Rooney.

As a England supporter i'm just happy that england can finally push the old guard out now Wilshere is healthy and get the young midfield of cleverley and wilshere going.

much better technically gifted players then the old gaurd, the fact hodgson has been selecting players like Oxlade Chamberlain, Cleverley, Walker, Welbeck is good signs for england, I feel these players might have that pride in wearing the countries shirt that the previous group lacked, that pride they only showed when playing for club
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:I don't know which United fans are saying this....I have always said Wilshere is englands biggest talent aside from Rooney.

As a England supporter i'm just happy that england can finally push the old guard out now Wilshere is healthy and get the young midfield of cleverley and wilshere going.

much better technically gifted players then the old gaurd, the fact hodgson has been selecting players like Oxlade Chamberlain, Cleverley, Walker, Welbeck is good signs for england, I feel these players might have that pride in wearing the countries shirt that the previous group lacked, that pride they only showed when playing for club

Very well said. Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:I don't know which United fans are saying this....I have always said Wilshere is englands biggest talent aside from Rooney.

Agree with everything you said except Hodgson is not the man to lead these kids to glory (or at least a chance). England were at their peak during the time when Glen Hoddle was in charge. He would have been the perfect candidate I think.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 pm

I still to this day don't understand why Hoddle hasn't got a job.....

He understands football from a continental perspective and is very good tactically as well as being to adapt to different systems to suit the teams needs.

There must be something behind the scenes that i'm not aware of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm

how the hell can u expect hoddle to get the job when he hasnt been managing in such a long time. he needs to get out there and find a job.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm

After this debate, lets discuss who is better between Ronaldinho and quincy owusu-abeyie
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Laughing
I think Hoddle should at least get into a coaching role with the England squad. Hell ild even add the likes of Le Tess, Waddle(think of how much Adam Johnson could learn from Le Clown) , Ferdinand, Sherer, into the coaching role. England are not even using all their resources.
I think we forget how great England use to be in the mid 90s. It all went down hill after the Swede took over.

Btw everyone was soo excited about the prospect of owusu abeyie to be fair lol.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm

REWB wrote:how the hell can u expect hoddle to get the job when he hasnt been managing in such a long time. he needs to get out there and find a job.

That's the entire point mate i don't know why he's been out of work for so long.

Doesn't really add up from a pure coaching standpoint.

Speaking of someone who the players could learn from.... Peter Beardsley.

He's doing wonders for our u21s and u18s from a pure footballing standpoint it's more enjoyable watching them than our first team Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Apparently Cleverley is a number ten rofl , he looks nothing like a number ten ffs
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
REWB wrote:how the hell can u expect hoddle to get the job when he hasnt been managing in such a long time. he needs to get out there and find a job.

That's the entire point mate i don't know why he's been out of work for so long.

Doesn't really add up from a pure coaching standpoint.

Speaking of someone who the players could learn from.... Peter Beardsley.

He's doing wonders for our u21s and u18s from a pure footballing standpoint it's more enjoyable watching them than our first team Laughing

he said he wouldn't take a managerial position until his academy could run by itself without him needing to be there every day. apparently has turned down 25+ managerial jobs
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:33 pm

How is this even a debate? Wilshere by a mile in every aspect.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 am

Wilshere is better and I am an United fan, yet to see a United fan say otherwise.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Is this a serious poll?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:United fans think Cleverley is better than Wilshere. rofl

Celverley was better than Wilshere yesterday in the direct duel.I am not saying he is miles better, or something.He is simply better.We will see this in a few years.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:18 pm

vlafy wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:United fans think Cleverley is better than Wilshere. rofl

Celverley was better than Wilshere yesterday in the direct duel.I am not saying he is miles better, or something.He is simply better.We will see this in a few years.

When you say we will see cleverley is better in a few years, i need to point out cleverley is already 3 years older.

Anyway, about this thread, a serious answer, wilshere is a rare talent in english football over the years, cleverley is a common one. There are at least 3 young english midfielders currently who have more talent and potential than cleverley imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Cleverly better than Wilshere? Not a chance. Put him in that Arsenal team and he'll look much worse.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down