vizkosity
Kick
Potential
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Value of opinion - Page 3 Empty Re: Value of opinion

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:I rarely skip anyone. I like to read what people say on different topics because it's always interesting to hear different point of views. Even the ones you don't enjoy.

At times im nodding my head like yea, that guy is on it. Sometimes, wtf is that shit and move on lol

rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

My fellow gooners...well I always make time for them. Love MJ's reasoning and I miss highburied.
And of course I always read RG's and Sam's posts (I look up to these two fecks Laughing )

As for the other fans. I tend to like the Chelsea fans. Don't know why because they support such a sh!tty club. Liverpool....meh, I only read Sepi's off-topic threads and posts. And of course Mole's posts, but only sometimes.

Never ever mingled with United fans before on here (except in the Cyberman days - yeah the guy that said Anderson is better than Cesc Smile ). I don't know but they're almost non-existant these days or maybe it's juz me always ignoring their posts.

When it comes to the Italian boys, I like Milan fans most on here. And yes I kinda like the Madrid fans more than the Barca fans. (even though I like Barca more than Madrid)

Had differences before with Bundesliga and La Liga fans, but that's all they were - differences in opinion - and I don't dislike them or disregard their posts.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

VivaStPauli the most biased and deluded fecker on this forum Razz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 am

I might fight him down on almost everything he says , but I take Dani's opinion very seriously, he's informed the way I understand the game more than anyone else.

Generally, I try to read posts with an open mind but there's one person in particular (juventus101) who I've completely written off because he's annoyingly biased and he doesn't have the advantage of Idro's humor to bail him out.

Also when it's clear someone is trolling it's tough to take their "opinion" to heart lol.

In the off topic section don't know where to start really, just too many interesting posters, Viva, Senor Penguin and Zizzle in terms of politics , religion and international relations. BC and Yuri in terms of economics. Dmzie and Dani in terms of basketball.

Dotoevsky and many others in terms of music. Dotoevsky is someone I take seriously as well, unfortunately what we talk about doesn't really coalesce so I don't get the chance to have much discussion with him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 am

I hold value for most posters. I won't name those I don't, but they should be fairly obvious.

Instead, I'd like to commend Goal Legacy on having fantastic variety in the forum- which is reflected in its posters. Most posters- even if they may not have the football knowledge, or prefer not to stray into the general section or similar, can contribute in other ways.

You have people like Thimmy who keeps the Electronic Music Thread alive almost singlehandedly- despite staying out of the general section (although that's surely because he doesn't like it). People like THC who always has an interesting view on life matters, and a lot of his posts I can relate to, and enjoy. Sepi and Eman both have a knack for entertainment in the life section as well. You can find informed opinions by Legend and Colojunior in the tech corner, which I also enjoy. Then you can find most posters in the gaming sections, having a good discussion.

That's just the off topic section, every club section has its good members too. Arsenal has Goonerjay and Srigooner (and many, many others) who are very loyal and knowledgeable gooners. Milan has a hidden gem in Irasmaldinista, and many other good posters like Ganso, and of course- Dostoevsky. Barcelona section speaks for itself and is the best in the lot, Alex, BC, Free, Dani, Kizz and many more make for some of the best discussion and the most knowledge in GL. Real Madrid has a lot of posts and some good posters too, Crimson and Le Sam are both some of my favorites. The Chelsea section isn't very active, but has quality posters throughout, and very good chemistry between them. Bayern and Man U aren't active enough to say much, Inter section is hilarious (Bhends, Vibe etc.) Roma & Liverpool sections aren't the most active either, but have some of the most knowledgeable posters in the place. Particularly Red, McLewis, Dontreaddonred, Art Morte, and many more. You can count on Arq to give a solid opinion on just about anything, too....somehow.

Rest of the world has the Tottenham thread. Nuff said.

Australian section is brilliant, and I've learned a lot and had many laughs with those Aussies since I stumbled upon them one day.

All mods deserve special recognition for being the best I've seen. Bunch of bosses these guys are Thumbs up

And this is all without mentioning the mainstay of Goal Legacy- the general section. Which is a decent section, and has all of these people (for the most part) exchanging opinions, ridiculous troll baits, arguments and so on and so forth with each other. I think it's great, and a lot of the people I mentioned are included there, with some bright spots- Viva, Rwo, Moal, and others who are awesome but I haven't mentioned yet. However, I believe the best part of GL are in the other sections, and not the general section.

I guess what I'm trying to say is GL is awesome. To directly answer the question at hand, I read almost all posts, and the ridiculous ones I have a laugh at or respond too, the rest I take in as part of my knowledge. I'm young and still fairly new to the sport despite being here a while, so I still have the luxury of consistently learning, which is something I enjoy, and a reason why I read all the posts I can.

GL :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am

For me in terms of quality posting, Arsenal and Barca section are up there. When I want an opinion about a player, these two sections with their users are always posting quality posts. Madrid section has three good posters. Josh, JD and Craig. Value these three opinions when I look at a match review or in anything I look at. Sometimes like the odd troll but GD and RB sections are beginning to become too much trolled...
Love all the admins and mods. Red is my entertainment, Dani is straight to the point and RG, JD and McLewis are all active admins who pretty much keep alive quality posting.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am

Things I look at regularly on GL:

- Milan section: fantastic group of posters. From the profound and thoughtful to the articulate and tactical. There are some great newer posters too and some others who don't comment that much, but always make well-informed and interesting contributions. To mention anyone specifically would be unfair because I'd forget people. I like the fact that many posters in our section take the time to write really detailed analysis and respond to it too in an equally impressive fashion.

- All of the music threads. I don't often comment there, but some of the music is really great.

- McLewis's previews to the Roma games. Lets me know what's going on in a well-balanced, but interesting way.

- General section: Any thread that does not involve: Ballon D'or, Messi, Ronaldo, Real Madrid v Barca. Apart from that, most gen sec threads are quite funny to read. Lex and Vibe both have a really great cynical sense of humour.

- Australian section is great. :bow: to everyone who writes random non-football related stuff there. It's often more active than many of the club sections despite only having 5-6 regular posters. We even had a discussion about currency of all things the other day. Laughing Credit to BarcaKizz for actually attempting to create football-related discussion too.

- Juve section when they're talking about things that aren't referee related are a good bunch. When there's a big thread going in the Inter section, that's entertaining too.

- Clean debate section is a good innovation by the mods.

Last edited by Forza Rossoneri on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am

To answer the original question, I would say I definitely approach posts by putting value on who wrote them and I find it difficult to believe everyone doesn't do this. Its quite a natural thing to do. Impossible to approach life without making value judgements.

It doesn't mean I don't read the post and it doesn't even mean that if its actually a good post I won't acknowledge it, but it means I'll assume its a piece of sh*t before even reading it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but normally I'm right lol.

I've been here ages now so I've gotten quite cynical like an old man with the forum so these days I'm not so positive lol.

Sections:

GS- Never really liked it much and I'm probably one of the most closeted posters in the history of this forum. Generally been a running joke that I never leave the 'bat cave'. However, contrary to popular belief I do actually go there quite often. I just rarely ever post. Every now and again there are some excellent threads, but I find usually there aren't really interesting football debates, which is what I come for.

I think there would be a number of posters who I've interacted with minimally or not at all that I silently respect greatly.

Barca Section- Home for me and historically I think the best club section. Of course I'm biased but for a long time the other sections never really generated the excellent discussion and respect there.

However, recently a lot of the old posters have left and some new participants I really don't enjoy at all. So its not the same for me Sad

Still some great posters and I'm sure they know I respect them.

Aussie Section-I actually lobbied Morpheus for this on the old forums lol. Petition and everything. My little baby has become a success for all the wrong reasons. I'm sort of like the grumpy father who doesn't like his daughter dating some guy.

Naturally pure dross is posted here Very Happy but some good lads and enjoyable banter.

Every time Forza or someone posts on football I almost weep of happiness (legit).

The day Beatrix posts something relating to football pigs will fly.

Off Topic- Never caught my interest till the last year but some hidden gems here and really get to enjoy the minds of some great posters I might otherwise miss. Le Sam for example, standard Madrid hack Smile, I probably used to argue with a truckload (can't really remember, all Madrid fans sort of merge into one conglomerate of evil in my mind), but I really enjoy his thoughts.

Then there are plenty of others who may or may not know who they are :coffee:

Anyway, I think a lot of people here have great opinions, though at the same time I miss the old days a bit and I'll probably move on at some point soon.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm

anyone who says they dont skip posts because of who posted them (messiah) or doesnt put a great weight onto certain posters opinion is a dirty rotten liar, its just human nature to do it, its no different to that tool in the back of the class who you inogre everytime he opens his mouth

as for the sections i post in:

*GS
because of Australias crappy time zone its hard for me to watch alot of football in a weekend so i dont know much about the mid table sides outside of England and i have no interest in Barca/RM crap or Juve vs the world threads so that does lower the amount of threads i can post in, although i do skim though the vast majority of threads in there

*Chelsea Section
Even though all of them except Kick refuse to accept that greatness of Shane Long, i love posting in this section (which i see as a slightly more formalised version of the Australia section) becuase its got a good chunk of who imo are the forums best posters, and theres no topic i cant participate in. Special shoutout goes to Barret whose English slang terminology never fails to impress, "burk" is my personal favourite. Honestly though there isnt one Chelsea fan on this forum who posts regularly in the Chelsea section who i dont appreciate, you're all awesome :bow:

*Liverpool Section
I probably have 10 posts in this section but as a result of what now is quite a bitter irony of my once being a huge Torres fan boy i have quite the soft spot for Liverpool (plus it makes hating yanited that much easier) so i do lurk that forum like crazy.

*Spudzzzz Section
in all honesty, i love you guys, but between 'arry, Charlie Pickering, Strong Brave and Tenacious Scotty Brave Scotty Parker, Luka Modric and tbh your club in general, i just cant help myself Laughing

*Australia Section (aka lets slowly torture Kizz)
<1% of discussion on here is about football and thats why i love you all, this sections has had everything from GLs first and only legal dispute (which naturaly i won for my client :coffee:) to lengthy discussions about every topic imaginable.

BarcaKizz wrote:The day Beatrix posts something relating to football pigs will fly.
:bow:

*off topic
Babun if your reading this i love you, dont ever change Heart
I dont really like the deep and meaningful type threads though, i prefer the more laid back ones, but thats just me. If theres one thing this section has taught me its that myself eman and Jibers are GLs alcoholics Laughing

all in all GL has its flaws but all round its awesome, and unfortunately for GL, itll have to deal with my lovely spelling and punctuation for a long time to come
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:09 pm

To begin with, I only remember Bundesliga fans on this forum by their user name except for Juventus101, tudor, babun, Jiber, Mole, a few more and the Admins. I can have a heated debate with a poster and I will not even care to read their user name or remember who and who put forward such argument,meaning I only read what people post.

I don't have problem reading anyone post, as long as I am interested in it, I am here to entertain and also play my role as a biased fan. I like Viva and Rwo-power because they are the only active Bundesliga fans here, I hate Madrid so as a result I tend to never accept their fans opinion

My favourite admin are definitely RG and JD, but of recent I'm starting to likeBarcaKizz.

I think Chelsea fans are cool however they sometimes under-rate themselves, by allowing inferior teams like Madrid to be rated higher than them, exact opposite of this could be said about Madrid fans, they are arrogant and tend to over-rate themselves way too much.

I like Juventus101 the most here, next in line is Viva and Rwo Power. I like every poster here, usually when most poster hate me, they tend to fulfil what I intend.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:I rarely skip anyone. I like to read what people say on different topics because it's always interesting to hear different point of views. Even the ones you don't enjoy.

At times im nodding my head like yea, that guy is on it. Sometimes, wtf is that shit and move on lol
Best post hands down eco smile Apropos, you have to read every post... Accept my sincere condolences Laughing

On topic, I just throw a quick look onto a page. If something caughts up my attention-> read and reply eventually. If not move on :coffee: Ignore feature is for pussies. Even bilionmillion writes something idiotically funny from time to time eco smile
The value of the opinion depends on the amount of facts in the post along with the intention of the poster. I don't have favourite posters per se. I like some members a lot but it doesn't mean I'm biased towards the posts of others.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3