zizzle
VanDeezNuts
Harmonica
VivaStPauli
Clockwork Orange
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ronaldo: I'd vote for myself! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronaldo: I'd vote for myself!

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:41 am

Donuts wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Ronaldo backs Messi to win Ballon d'Or.
:coffee:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2012/11/05/3504646/ronaldo-backs-messi-to-win-ballon-dor
Read link saw goal.com stopped reading.
OH! but when there's rumors of ronaldo about something else, then goal.com is an excellent source of information.

Is there a paradox I'm missing? Laughing

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am

billionmillion wrote:You also would vote for yourself? hm i would like to make love with my cousin. but i dont say it to her because i respect her and her family. But i'm sure people like Ronaldo do it without thinking. i hate this sort of people. you have to control yourself and respect others you are human not animal to do what you want

rofl thats nasty juststop
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Ronaldo backs Messi to win Ballon d'Or.
:coffee:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2012/11/05/3504646/ronaldo-backs-messi-to-win-ballon-dor
Read link saw goal.com stopped reading.
OH! but when there's rumors of ronaldo about something else, then goal.com is an excellent source of information.

Is there a paradox I'm missing? Laughing
I rarely bash Ronaldo with goal.com links lol, just real interviews are enough Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 am

Taking the fifth penalty doesnt mean you are stupid

Take the cl final for example, drogba took the fifth penalty and won it for chelsea. Had their calculations gone wrong ,Drogba their most important player wouldve have got to take it , that doesnt make him stupid .Fifth penalties are pressure situations most of the time and require one of your best pk takers. You have to trust your team to get you there..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am

Full France Magazine Interview with Cristiano Ronaldo

Q. Cristiano, has 2012 been a good year for you?

CR. A very good year, since we have were classed as champions of Spain, winners of the hardest Championship in Europe. In front of Barcelona, our rival, it is always best to do better. So, this was an excellent year as far as a team is concerned, but also as far as being an individual is concerned.

Q. Do you think this has been your best year, since you started playing for Real Madrid?

CR. Perhaps. Altogether, I think my first three seasons Madrilenes have been pretty much the same. The big difference, is that we won La Liga. And, in my eyes, it is that, that counts the most.

Q. Could you remember the best moments?
CR. Personally, I remember very well when we went to Barcelona and we won 2-1.

Q. A match where you scored...
Yes, the second goal, the one for that got us the victory. It is without doubt the best souvenir of the last few months.

Q. And the worst?
CR. Without doubt, going out against Bayern in the semi-finals of the Champions League on penalties. The same sort of elimination against Spain in the semi-finals of the European Championship, always penalty shootouts. That is what makes me unhappy.

Q. When all is done, have you known more success than failures?

CR. To be honest, it is the same. Whatever club and with the selection, I would have liked to go further in the International competitions. I would say that I have had quite a bit of satisfaction, but I cannot forget the difficult moments that I have lived.

Q. Do you think you have been the best player of the year?
I am not the best person to answer this question and to speak about that. From my point of view, I estimate that my team hit its peak. Not only myself, but equally my teammates, who have also played very well.

Q. We are naturally coming to the Ballon D'Or...
CR. Yes.

Q. Do you think you merit to receive it this year?
CR. I will ignore that. It doesn't depend on me. There are people who vote, the trainers, captains. Me, I have no control over it. We will see what the votes will give.

Q. If you had the possibility, would you vote for yourself?
CR. It's true, we do not have the right to vote for ourselves. However, if I had the possibility, of course I would vote for myself. Elsewhere, all the other players would do exactly what I would do too, that seems pretty clear to me.

Q. As the Captain of the Portuguese team, who are you going to choose?

CR. For the time being, I have not even thought about the question.

Q. Really?

CR. Really.

Q. But, even so, you have a small idea as to who you are going to vote for?

CR. More or less. I am going to vote in all conscience for the players who have won major titles, those same players who have played extremely well throughout the year. It is very possible that I will vote for a Spanish player. For the other two, I cannot tell you anymore yet.

Q. A Spanish player. From Real Madrid or FC Barcelona?

CR. (He smiles) From Real Madrid of course!

Q. Casillas for example?

CR. Do not insist, I am not going to give a name.

Q. It is a secret, some information that you don't wish to divulge?

CR. It is not a secret since, anyway, you will know when the results will go public. It is just right that, I am not totally sure. The only thing that I am sure of, is that I will vote for a Real Madrid player and for two players who have won major trophys.

Q. You seem to hold this prize pretty close to your heart, am I wrong?

CR. All the awards are important. La Liga, la copa del rey, the Champions League...

Q. But, this is an individual prize.

CR. The truth, it is an individual prize, but it is also a team prize, because whoever wins this prize, wouldn't have done it without his teammates.

Q. Would it bother you if you didn't win it?

CR. I am not going to say that I don't care, but the principle is that the team wins, that I help my teammates and that I am present in their success.

Q. You were very happy in 2008 when France Football designated you. Don't you feel like being distinguished for a second time?

CR. Yes, I was happy, very happy. All footballers are happy when they receive such a prize of such importance. It is a really happy moment to be crowned as the best. But, I do not want to think about it. There is a long time to go. There are a lot of matches to play, and I have a lot of goals to score...

Q. Who are you going to put at the top of the managers list?

CR. Mine, evidently, because he is the best! After, it is complicated. I will see it more clearly when it calms down.

Q. With Mourinho, you have a privileged relationship with him. You don't get the impression that you are his favourite?

CR. Privileged, I do not think so.

Q. Importantly, "El Mister", doesn't stop repeating that you should be the Ballon D'Or this year.

CR. It is his point of view, and I am very happy about it. By the same token, I could say the same thing about him. He is a real professional, he always gives his best. He has not only shown that in Spain, but also in all the other leagues where he has worked. By winning La Liga, which is the hardest league, he merits to win.

Q. If you don't win the Ballon D'Or, who do you think will win in your opinion?

CR. I don't think about it. Me, I think I win everytime. Now, if it is not me, it will be another great player. And, I will respect the choice.

Q. Can Leo Messi win it for the fourth time?

CR. Messi can win it, like Xavi, Iniesta. And don't forget Drogba, Falcao.

Q. They oppose you and Messi quite often. What do you think of this rivalry?
CR. It is good for the media. They put us in opposition permanently, the newspapers are sure to sell more everyday, same for the television audience which goes up.

Q. Do you find it normal?

CR. The truth, it is all that which is tiring me out...

Q. Why?

CR. I get the impression that we are obligated to prove every single day that we are on top form. It is tiring, even if I am prepared. However, I don't like it when they compare me to other players, and to other people. These were from another period, or from other teams. Finally, I have started to live with it now.

Q. However, everyone agrees to say that only two footballers dominate the scene, yourself and Messi. So, the comparison is inevitable, is it not?

CR. Perhaps, but, sincerely, I don't know how to respond to you.

Q. What differences do you see between him and yourself?

CR. We are different, that is clear. We do not evolve in the same team, we play in different systems. He grew up with the club since he was very young, when he was still a child. He knows the club perfectly. He has demonstrated for many years that he is very good. He plays in one of the best formations in the world, and in that sense, it is a very good thing for him.

Q. What is your opinion of Leo Messi?

CR. I see him as a good team player, who does things in his own way. He is a player I respect a great deal.

Q. They say that the Argentine is without doubt has more of a team spirit than you on the pitch, that you are an individual. Do you agree?

CR. Of course not!! I am not an individual player. Those who understand football know it very well too. In any case, I don't feel like going into this debate, it doesn't interest me. One more time, I am not the one who can respond to you.

Q. Could you take a holiday together?

CR. (He looks at his agent, the press officer.) That is to say...Well, all I can say to you is that I do not have a problem with him.

Q.More importantly, things were said against him?

CR. When was that?

Q. At the European Championships, when a year earlier, you reminded him that he had been eliminated in front of his own crowd in the Copa America. It was not very nice.

CR. The problem with me, is that when people say something, it gets blown out of proportion!! It is nothing new. The moment Cristiano speaks, there is a large audience and I give them something to write. For this reason, it is normal. Now, people who know me very well, know who I really am. What makes me angry, is when people write about me without actually knowing me. And that happens every single day. However, don't worry about it, I know how to deal with it.

Q. Why did you say such a thing?

CR. When I pronounce words like those, it is because I am unhappy, angry. And so when I am in this state, I happen to say things that I do not mean.

Q. Do you regret this personal attack?

CR. Yes, evidently! When I have finally calmed down, I say to myself that I shouldn't say things like that. I know that, sometimes, I am mistaken. However, we are human beings, we commit errors. Afterwards, we need to assume them. The good things like the bad things.

Q. So, you are not the person that we generally describe?

CR. Me, I am a friend his friends. If you are good with me, I will be good to you. I know what my attitude is like on the pitch and it is not pleasing, but it isn't me. You just need to realise that I am a competitor.

Q. Friends with your friends. And the enemy of your enemies?

CR. But I do not have any enemies.

Q. Sincerely?

CR. yes, you can believe me. I am not someone who looks back and hold something against someone. I can blame you for about 5 minutes, however, with me, that passes quickly.

Q. Do you consider yourself to be a man, a player, modest?

CR. Yes.

Q. You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself?

CR. But it is important to have the self-esteem. You need to know how to appreciate yourself, to recognise your own qualities. Me, I find that it is a correct attitude, but each one thinks what he hears.

Q. Do you have the sentiment that those who don't have you in their heart are mistaken about you?

CR. It is clear. Yes, that, it is clear! But, in a certain manner, I can understand it.

Q. Why?

CR. It is just a problem with communication. Not only here, but all over the world, we communicate badly. People don't realise that we are in reality and give a false impression. And then, they invent things about me. It hurts me to be judged, to be crucified. I must live with that. The people who I share my life with, the players who train with me, they know who I am.

Q. And who are you?

CR. I am a normal man in my world, with people who love me, with my family. I think I don't have my defaults when it comes to life in a community. I am a real friend, I defend what needs to be defended. I would like to thank the people who go with Cristiano and I will be with them until I die. On this plan, I don't think I am that bad.

Q. What are the small defaults that you have?

CR. I am hot-tempered. I can get angry very quickly, because I am someone who hates to lose, and when it happens, I lose my head. However, I will repeat it again to you, in the 5 minutes that follow, I have forgotten. I will have gone onto other things.

Q. What are your greatest qualities?

CR. Erm...

Q. Would you ever be humble, for example?

CR. In my way, yes, I think I follow it. Now, too much humility is not good. Where I was born, in Portugal, we say "too much humility, it is vanity." So, if I say that I am very humble...(He smiles.)
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Well, that interview proves his comments were taken way out of context. I like Ronaldo, he's very similar to me.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:I like Ronaldo, he's very similar to me.
I agree. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 pm

See, this is what I assumed, the quotes in the OP just seemed weird, now, with context it makes more sense. Hence my question Wink
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Well, that interview proves his comments were taken way out of context. I like Ronaldo, he's very similar to me.

Jonathan28 is a poor and not so good looking version of cristiano ronaldo. Laughing
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4