RealGunner
Eman
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
Jay29
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk*

Post by Wilson37 Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Fellaini can be ideal steel man Arsenal need atm..
He wont come that cheap.. Chelsea and City may outbid us by offering him better prospects..
And regarding big club status, we are no better than Everton atm..
But he can make an instant impact and his PL experience will surely be a massive advantage..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk*

Post by Sina Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Diaby is 3 times the player Fellaini is
shame he cant stay fit
not all his fault

defo wouldn't spend 20M+ on Belgian
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Sina wrote:defo wouldn't spend 20M+ on Belgian

Thumbs up

Before someone reacts, yes he's fantastic and all but I wouldn't spend 20m+ for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey we can dream can't we? It's either that or we sober up and face the reality of us heading into the North London Derby with what will either be a lifting victory or the more likely scenario of a soul crushing draw or loss.

Sissoko, Fellaini, the point is, we need a bigger presence in our midfield. It's pathetic that the player we need most is the least reliable in terms of fitness. That's unacceptable for a 'big' club. This season is going to be even more of a soul-searching one for the club than last year if this trend continues.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 pm

So our season kickstarts next week.. And we will win the 'play champions league trophy' as ever..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm

The current board (since Gazidis) according to my maths (transferleague.co.uk)dealings have been:

Sold: 175.2 million pounds worth of players.
Bought: 137.35 worth of players.

They have taken 37.85 million from Arsenal. with interest it's probably around 50 million.

Contrast to 97/98 to 2004

Bought:114.8 million
Sold: 79.48 million
We are a good 73 million short. Not even accounting for interest rates (probably around 90 million is closer) At the very least 50 million (stadium debt payments).

Gazidis needs to be shown the door and AW needs to stop sticking up for him and Silent Stan. Arsenal football club is not their personal pension scheme.

We have the money for Baines and Fellaini. Don't let them fool you.
Gazidis makes 2 million a year. He has taken 8 million from Arsenal at the very least.

Stan has taken around (with a 63% share) of around 26.5 million pounds out of Arsenal.

They must spend the money we need to compete. If not, get these parasites out of Arsenal.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 pm

furiouswindbottom wrote:The current board (since Gazidis) according to my maths (transferleague.co.uk)dealings have been:

Sold: 175.2 million pounds worth of players.
Bought: 137.35 worth of players.

They have taken 37.85 million from Arsenal. with interest it's probably around 50 million.

Contrast to 97/98 to 2004

Bought:114.8 million
Sold: 79.48 million
We are a good 73 million short. Not even accounting for interest rates (probably around 90 million is closer) At the very least 50 million (stadium debt payments).

Gazidis needs to be shown the door and AW needs to stop sticking up for him and Silent Stan. Arsenal football club is not their personal pension scheme.

We have the money for Baines and Fellaini. Don't let them fool you.
Gazidis makes 2 million a year. He has taken 8 million from Arsenal at the very least.

Stan has taken around (with a 63% share) of around 26.5 million pounds out of Arsenal.

They must spend the money we need to compete. If not, get these parasites out of Arsenal.

i don't know who told you this bs.... but they don't take the money.... it's goes into wages, debt loan and running the club.....you can't just take the money out of the club even if you are the majority owner, that's called stealing.

Stan hasn't made any money from Arsenal yet.... he can only make money if he sells his stocks, which he won't atm until it's good enough profit, and he knows that if we keep playing this way, his stock value will drop.

he isn't as dumb as some of you make him seem.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
He's tactically flexible and changes things , but he sticks to a general method and that's for a reason. He develops his players with that method in mind so I don't think abandoning it like GoonerJay has recently suggested is an option.

Tactically flexible and willing to make changes is not how I would describe Wenger. They aren't his best qualities as a manager.

Incidentally, what I had suggested before about how we approach games is nothing radical. I'm not suggesting we go play hoof ball or something like that.

But he is giving what he has always given....it's impossible to blame him for the failures while giving him credit for earlier successes.

You said yourself that football has changed, so a manager who hasn't changed along with it can certainly be blamed for failure.

Wenger's methods were successful a decade ago and he can be given immense credit for that. Wenger's methods aren't so successful now, and e can be blamed for that.

You get what you get. He's the best in the world at giving players dimension and amplifying their best qualities. You're not going to replace him with a better manager..only one more suited to succeed today.

And really nothing is wrong with that.

Maybe that's acceptable from a purists point of view, but there is plenty wrong with having a manager who isn't suited to succeed today.

He's tactically flexible in the sense that he isn't adverse to making adjustments and changes. He'll try players in strange roles, and set up with strange shapes all with the goal of creating more well rounded players.

I may have misinterpreted what you said. From what I garner, you would like the team to sit back , absorb pressure and play on the counter (a system I'm very familiar with and not a fan of).

The way I see it, Wenger doesn't really play with a system. His players have duality so they have the choice to pick and choose their methods. He's never set up something that stoic, and there's no real guarantee he can.

I don't think it's up to him to change. He has a method he believes in and if that method is no longer in the best interest of the club then it's time to make a change.

And nothing is wrong with that.

His method has benefits and had club policy been different (not in terms of buying players , but in terms of hanging on to those he would have developed) you would likely be competing for titles year in year out, as it is you won't. Because every time he moulds a player into a role he leaves.

The team is constantly in flux.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:87 of Arteta's 88 passes were to either Mertesacker or Koscielny. :bow: :bow:
eco smile

Sounds like Denilson

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:17 am

from my analysis, this is not the players' fault at all. we should clearly knw by now that we do not have a Defensive midfielder meaning we do not have physical presence in the midfield. we clearly need a defensive midfielder. WE MISS SONG. song wasnt disciplined yes but he was bossed around like wat Arteta is being done. clearly Arteta is more of a central midfielder. my 2nd thot is we need Gibbs back. we are being harrased on the left side. our manager is at fault for all this situation we r in. we have good players but being played in the wrong position. Podolski plays well as a 2nd striker rather than a left winger. he CANT track back exposing our leftback. Arteta is not a defensive midfielder. 2 some it up the ideal team at the moment wud be

keeper

Sagna Per Kos TV
Coq
Walcot Arteta Santi
Pold
Giroud

Thats my thoughts
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Arteta misses a penalty Alonso misses his. da fuq
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:48 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Arteta misses a penalty Alonso misses his. da fuq

At least you won yours. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 pm

I wouldn't have been surprised if we didn't, what a better guy is there to score than a Cantera(in your face Mou)

Arsenal will come good trust me, Cazorla will get adequate rest because VDB usually divide the mins between all the mids for Spain, they all will get like 30 mins each unless their name is Benat or Busi(suspended for Barca's next game), Theo will be fully rested since he withdrew himself from England with an injury, Poldi will probably be benched for Germany, from your attacking third only Girourd will play a full game me think, great way to recharge their batteries.

For us its quite different, Marcelo, Khedira, Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo all out with various kinds of injuries, Ronaldo will be back but the others will likely stay out for longer, also playing Cacktrao is like playing with a brutally injured player. *pray for us* Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:I love Arteta, i really do. but he can't handle physicality. He simply can't

Diame had the better of him in the west ham game. Ruiz had a better of him today. Mikel and Ramires had the better of him in the Chelsea game, And similarly in the schalke game.

Is it a probelm with physicality? or is it simply he lacks the ability to evade pressure?

he isnt there to break up attacks, ok well he is partly, but his main responsibility is to distribute the ball for us. If his distribution is disturbed it effects our entire team badly. Very crafty move by sir alex to have rooney mark him, must have pinpointed arteta as a weak link when he watch us at the emirates against qpr
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5