Firenze
Lord Hades
Dante
Donuts
the xcx
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move

Post by Gil Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 am

Le Samourai wrote:He's ridiculously marketable in Spain , it's worth a shot If I'm Atletico. There could be a lovely story in there...who knows he may even take a reduced wage.
I'd do it.

The wages will be offset by his marketability and he's still a serviceable player just not a out and out centre forward.

Him and Adrian interchanging between he right and the centre might not be entirely bad.

Agree entirely.

It's a win-win for both clubs.

Chelsea fans who blame Torres for everything get a new shiny toy to play with and Atleti get the cash to pay off their debt plus a serviceable & former star striker in replacement.

I see the Rockets stopped letting Lin bring the ball up the floor Laughing

His usage rate is ridiculously low so far this season especially for the starting point guard. They're basically setting the kid up to fail at this point, he just isn't a spot up shooter.

He's averaging like 6 shots a game. Half of them are 3 pointers.

Last edited by Gil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move

Post by Gil Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 am

Surag wrote:But then again if you feel that they should take the "smart" Porto approach from now on,bringing back Torres isnt a great way to start is it ?Although i agree with you though, they should be taking that approach.

What are you on about? Porto bring back former players all the time.

How isn't £40m-50m + Torres a fair deal lol?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 am

Perhaps, but seeing how well Simeone has been thus far in putting players into suitable roles and putting things in place for them to flourish I think there are possibilities with Torres.

@Gil

He's a turnover risk and Harden is a better playmaker. They have no choice.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 am

Gil wrote:How isn't £40m-50m + Torres a fair deal lol?

LOL..But i really doubt such a deal would transpire in all honesty.

You are just looking at this hypothetical Torres transfer off the pitch but on the pitch is what Atleti would be really focusing on..Even though they have had their financial struggles they've managed to win 2 EL's in 3 years and with the help of quality world class strikers.I mean they've done pretty well havent they in terms of trophies.

Torres transfer would only be a hyped emotional return and i really doubt he could do half of what the likes of what Falcao,Aguero,Forlan managed to do for Atletico.In the end what matters for Atletico is they have to continue to remain competitive and Torres wouldnt guarantee you that.Not to mention his wages are sky high and even a pay cut from Torres would likely be a wage burden for them imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 am

Le Samourai wrote:Perhaps, but seeing how well Simeone has been thus far in putting players into suitable roles and putting things in place for them to flourish I think there are possibilities with Torres.

@Gil

Westbrook & KD are both turnover machines but that doesnt stop them from being top 10 players.

Why invest 25m in a spot up shooter then?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 am

Gil wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Perhaps, but seeing how well Simeone has been thus far in putting players into suitable roles and putting things in place for them to flourish I think there are possibilities with Torres.

@Gil

Westbrook & KD are both turnover machines but that doesnt stop them from being top 10 players.

Why invest 25m in a spot up shooter then?

Chinese Shirt Sales?

They didn't know they were bringing in Harden. Harden needs the ball. They invested 80 milliom in him. He's better than Lin at playmaking. He's better than Lin at scoring. He turns it over less.

There is no real option here.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 am

Hating? Gil, what is there to hate on man?

I just dont understand why the obvious cant be accepted...he is finished. He has actually been in "bad form" now long than he was ever in good form.

Soild player? I dont think moving back home is going to magically make him fast again, or improve a first touch he never had in the first place. Besides...solid? Arent atletico trying to finish 3rd? Mallorca have a couple solid players...Atletico might want to aim higher.

Yeah, I saw Lin lol

What can I say. He is a back up in a starters role, doing what back ups do in that role. Struggle. I am more upset that White and Monte have been sent down to the D-League...what is McHale doing ffs.

Le Sam. marketable? Servicable?

Two words which would make me cringe if im an Atletico fan. In the first time in ages, longer than even I can remember..they are actually serious about winning. They havent had a team this good since we had Romario for god sakes lol And your saying Marketable and servicable...they need to be about winning. Replacing Falcao with what would be now, a look back at what used to be...basically nostalgia...wont win them anything.

How Gil can say its a win win is beyond me lol

Atletico arent winning nothing in any sort of deal which loses them Falcao..and bringing in Torres is basically salt in the wounds.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 am

Spot on..

Torres is finished and having a worse player than Negredo will not take them anywhere. Way to ruin a good team.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 am

lol Lin is overrated....got a little spark when melo and stoudamire were gone....then ppl just hype him up/get on his dick
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 am

vizkosity wrote:lol Lin is overrated....got a little spark when melo and stoudamire were gone....then ppl just hype him up/get on his dick

And what is even more weird is that i don't think J. Lin thinks he is that good. the hype around him was just to get more asians fans.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 am

goal.com... nice find!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 am

Football talk, folks. Save the basketball talk for the basketball thread.

Lex wrote:Sturridge Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move - Page 2 37329810
Has he signed an extension/new deal yet? If not we'll probably be in for him again in January...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 am

Nope, still on the original contract he signed when he moved to Chelsea, which expires next year. Expect him to go for peanuts in January
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. And Atletico would have to be complete retards to take Torres in any kind of deal
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum