Firenze
Lord Hades
Dante
Donuts
the xcx
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move Empty Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 am

Club chiefs, acting on the instruction of owner Roman Abramovich, have made it clear to Falcao that they want to activate the release clause in his Atletico Madrid contract.

Goal.com understands that the Colombian striker has responded to the interest by telling Chelsea that he wants to move to Stamford Bridge in the winter window.

Despite competing enquiries in the 26-year-old from Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, Falcao is now destined for a switch to Stamford Bridge at the turn of the year.

The European champions have made Falcao a contract offer and it is believed that personal terms have already been agreed on a deal that is likely to make the striker one of the highest paid players in Premier League history.

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo regards the Fifa Ballon d’Or contender as an upgrade on Fernando Torres, who has had a mixed start to the season despite scoring seven goals in 18 matches, each of them starts. The future of Torres’ understudy Daniel Sturridge is also in considerable doubt despite his presence in the England squad that plays Sweden on Wednesday night.

Only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have scored more than Falcao’s 10 La Liga goals this season, a record the Colombia enhanced with a hat-trick against Chelsea in Atletico’s 4-1 Super Cup win in August.

Falcao has the pedigree and star quality which Chelsea thought they had acquired with the £50m purchase of Torres in January 2010 but the Spaniard is now likely to be put up for sale to help fund the purchase of the player earmarked to be his replacement.

Atletico are desperate to keep Falcao but will have no option if a club activates the buyout clause for a player who cost €45m when he joined from Porto in 2011.

After posting an annual profit for the first time in Abramovich’s nine-year reign, Chelsea are confident that signing Falcao would not affect the club’s chances of meeting Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.

City’s chances of landing the former River Plate front man are receding, even though Roberto Mancini wants to take him to the Etihad Stadium.

Since moving from South America to Europe in 2009, Falcao has scored 121 goals in 147 matches for Porto and Atletico.

hmm
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move Empty Re: Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am

Chelsea wanna ruin another striker?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move Empty Re: Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move

Post by Dante Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 am

stopped reading after "Goal com" ..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 am

i dont think he will move in january . wont benefit atletico at all, plus chelsea wont be able to play him in the cl since he is cup tied
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am

Torres' heir :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:42 am

Dante wrote:stopped reading after "Goal com" ..
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 am

There is some truth to it tho..Falcao would be superb for Chelsea.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Falcao is a wet dream for us.

I hope it comes true.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:54 pm

What would happen to Torres? Hasnt Torres been in good form since the end of last season?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Torres has been average imo. Why does he need to be providing assists when there's Hazard, Mata and Oscar behind him?

Falcao would make Chelsea's attack better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 pm

them LOLz when they sign him and he flops
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

A swap move would be interesting hmm

Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Hopefully becomes a torres 2.0 for them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Apparently, it would cost Chelsea €60m.

Financial Fair Play. :bow:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Sturridge Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move 37329810
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Dutti wrote:A swap move would be interesting hmm

Not for Atletico it wouldnt lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Torres + the 60 million anyway lol.

Salary Dump.

I would love to see him at Atletico
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Rebelles.REUS.rex wrote:
Dante wrote:stopped reading after "Goal com" ..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Torres + the 60 million anyway lol.

Salary Dump.

I would love to see him at Atletico

If im Atletico, the wages alone are a reason not to have him for a throw in. He is that bad.

If you are forced to sell, sell and use the money on a able replacement. Not old war horse with broken leg.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Torres would be a different player back in the red, white and blue colours in my opinion.

He's nowhere near 06-09 Torres but he's still a solid player & I'm sure he would reduce his wages to play for his boyhood club again.

Stop hatin'

Btw did you see Jeremy Lin's airball yesterday? rofl

Kid has zero confidence at the moment. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 pm

He's ridiculously marketable in Spain , it's worth a shot If I'm Atletico. There could be a lovely story in there...who knows he may even take a reduced wage.
I'd do it.

The wages will be offset by his marketability and he's still a serviceable player just not a out and out centre forward.

Him and Adrian interchanging between he right and the centre might not be entirely bad.

I see the Rockets stopped letting Lin bring the ball up the floor Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

I dont think Atletico would take this 'emotional' sort of decision to bring Torres back infact i see them being ambitious instead..Even though i believe they might come out unsuccessful,i think they'll try to lure someone like Cavani to Madrid when and once Falcao is eventually sold imo. They've never been afraid of spending big and wouldnt be surprised if they do it again after his sale.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Surag wrote:I dont think Atletico would take this 'emotional' sort of decision to bring Torres back infact i see them being ambitious instead..Even though i believe they might come out unsuccessful,i think they'll try to lure someone like Cavani to Madrid when and once Falcao is eventually sold imo.

They don't have the money.

They would be smart to take the Porto approach rather than waste money on another expensive striker. They got lucky with Falcao, this type of investment isn't the sort of thing a club walking on glass should be doing.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

But then again if you feel that they should take the "smart" Porto approach from now on,bringing back Torres isnt a great way to start is it ?Although i agree with you though, they should be taking that approach.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Le Samourai wrote:He's ridiculously marketable in Spain , it's worth a shot If I'm Atletico. There could be a lovely story in there...who knows he may even take a reduced wage.
I'd do it.

The wages will be offset by his marketability and he's still a serviceable player just not a out and out centre forward.

Him and Adrian interchanging between he right and the centre might not be entirely bad.

Agree entirely.

It's a win-win for both clubs.

Chelsea fans who blame Torres for everything get a new shiny toy to play with and Atleti get the cash to pay off their debt plus a serviceable & former star striker in replacement.

I see the Rockets stopped letting Lin bring the ball up the floor Laughing

His usage rate is ridiculously low so far this season especially for the starting point guard. They're basically setting the kid up to fail at this point, he just isn't a spot up shooter.

He's averaging like 6 shots a game. Half of them are 3 pointers.

Last edited by Gil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next