+2
Gemini
Red Alert
6 posters

Go down

Rafael Benitez Empty Rafael Benitez

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:28 am

Where does he stand as a manager today?

He seems to be overrated or underrated on this forum. How's he fit in with the likes of Pep, Mou and other managers?

This isn't really about the situation at Chelsea but his whole managerial career. His whole career to some have all been a "fluke" or due to "luck" and others are in the belief that he is some sort of managing God.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez Empty Re: Rafael Benitez

Post by Gemini Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 am

For me he's below Mou above Pep and depends who the other managers are but he did really well at Valencia & Liverpool so I rate him high.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Dont think we should compare him to other coaches, because we will end up not talking about Rafa the coach but start talking about other coaches are what they have done good, bad, whatever.

I am sure some Barca fan is tempted to tell Gemini, he aint better than Pep. Then Gemini will say why he is, then the fan will talk about what Pep has done. Then someone else will talk about Barca ref decisions and.........yeah.

Let us not compare to other coaches if possible. I think thats a good idea if you want to get a discussion going we havent had before.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 pm

I think his accomplishments and achievements speak for themselves to be honest. Winning the Spanish League twice with Valencia and the Ch League with Liverpool were serious accomplishments.
On a match by match basis I think tactically there are very few to compare to him. He can set up a team to beat a better team and he has done so numerous times.
His time at Liverpool was beset by problems especially with ownership.
However I do think he is a negative coach and have my doubts he will succeed at Chelsea in the League. However a cup would not be out of the question.
I think he is just keeping the seat warm for Pep in the hope that he chooses Chelsea next summer.
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:14 am

I think the last one and a half season before he was sacked by Inter caused huge damage to his career. On top of that, he was away from football for two years. So, it seems reasonable to have doubts over his abilities as a manager.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:44 am

Didn't he openly bash Chelsea fans a couple years back? Seems like the only reason to get him was to try and get Torres's head back on his shoulders.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down