Forza
Milantildeath
Dante
Kaladin
KR10
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Winter Transfer Market: Priorities - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter Transfer Market: Priorities

Post by forza.milan Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 am

ACMRox wrote:
forza.milan wrote: True quality costs money.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Maldini, Silva, SES, all came for either free or dirt cheap. But even if I agreed with you, we simply don't have the spending power any more to buy ready made stars. For January at least, short term, ready to go replacements are needed, plus cheap purchases that can quickly grow and take up the mantle of some of the vacancies I mentioned above.

We can't buy Ibras, Shevas, or Nestas, at least not in January.

El Shaarawy cost €16m + the full ownership of Merkel, who was rated at close to €5m in the deal. Maldini was developed at Milanello and Thiago Silva needed two seasons to come into his own and under the tutoring of Nesta, even if Thiago did cost over €10m.

What I mean by true quality costing money is that we have holes in our squad, this is undeniable, and at the moment there seems no long term solution, either in the first squad or the Primavera for these gaps and so the market must be utilised. I would love to see a Thiago Silva type buy, a young, promising player coming from a league lesser than the Serie A and then being given faith and time and developing into a world class player. That is a viable method of running a club and is exactly what direciton this club needs to head in now that resources are scarce.

Cheap, short term solutions leave us with a massive squad filled with Mesbahs and Traores, it reeks of a lack of planning and a clear idea for the future of the club.

forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Winter Transfer Market: Priorities - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter Transfer Market: Priorities

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 am

forza.milan wrote:

Cheap, short term solutions leave us with a massive squad filled with Mesbahs and Traores, it reeks of a lack of planning and a clear idea for the future of the club.

I agree. But if we want to get anything at all from this season, we're gonna have to buy some band aids in January and save the hospital trip until the Summer. We simply cannot rebuild our team in the middle of a season.

As for SES, my apologies for the wrong figure. I had thought it was 10 M +Merkel but I was clearly wrong.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 am

Confirmed: Nigel De Jong will most likely be sidelined for 5-6 months due to a rupture of his Achilles tendon

Allegri also confirmed this in an interview
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Confirmed: Nigel De Jong will most likely be sidelined for 5-6 months due to a rupture of his Achilles tendon

Allegri also confirmed this in an interview
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just when our team was starting to develop some rhythm and the results started coming.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 am

Muntari will be his replacement
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 am

I would like to see more of Strasser, hell he could be our Essien in disguise banana
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 am

we might see more of strasser. Galliani said is 100% staying.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am

Strasser will surely have more playing time since De Jong in out for the end of the season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am

De Jong is just a devastating loss as much more than the usual Milan fan would estimate. His simple but effective distribution (over 91%), his excellent screening and anchoring of the midfield and undeniably vital partnership with RMontolivo will truly be missed as I can't begin to describe what a loss this is. Yes we are packed with defensive minded mid fielders yet none bar Ambrosini on a good day will come close to replicating the form of De Jong for us. Knowing Allegri and Galliani they will just play Flamini or worse Sulley Muntari instead of a replacement which would infuriate me.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 pm

That is the unfortunate fact Arq. I doubt a replacement will be coming and we will have to settle with Flamini or Muntari which is a very sad thing to look forward too. Sad
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Muntari will be his replacement

Though Muntari has been doing well with us, It was never on the base of the midfield. I seriously doubt whether he has the discipline to pull it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm

I was just saying what was said by Galliani and Allegri. Personally I'd prefer Nocerino as the Regista. Then we could move Urby to the left.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm

umm how about constant??? since abate is back and de sciglio is bossing on which ever flank he is on i think constant wont get much playing time unless he moves to another position.. this position might suite him
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Maybe it is Cristante's time to shine

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 pm

KR10 wrote:Maybe it is Cristante's time to shine

I'd love nothing more than to see this happen, unfortunately it will not. I see the "realistic" prospects being Ambrosini, Muntari, and Flamini..
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Also, I really don't get the hate for Muntari on here. He was heavily sought after when he was at Udinese. The best player for Portsmouth. He was a huge player for Inter when they won everything. He had one bad half of a season with Inter largely because Benitez in a complete idiot. Then, he plays really well with us and gets hurt off the field. Suddenly he is a complete outcast and a "shit" player? I like Muntari, I might be the only one on here who actually thinks his return is a great thing.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:27 pm

AC Milan enquire about Stekelenburg

The Rossoneri have asked Roma about the possibility of signining Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who will likely leave the Olimpico in January.

Source: Tuttosport
Saturday, December 22, 2012 07:04
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Epoto wrote:AC Milan enquire about Stekelenburg

The Rossoneri have asked Roma about the possibility of signining Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who will likely leave the Olimpico in January.

Source: Tuttosport
Saturday, December 22, 2012 07:04

hed definitely be better than our goalies.. btw i was impressed by ur goalie.. amazing pereformance..
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Stekelenburg would be a great signing, but I'd rather have Mattia Perin. In January we need CENTRAL DEFENDERS!!!!!!!! A new winger or striker would be greatly appreciated as well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 am

so who do u think would replace robinho and pato? they should be massive deals. so i expect a good striker.. although i knw m up for disappointment. galliani did say there would be a signing on each department
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 am

We need to bring in another CB and another DM while getting rid of 9 players since we are supposed to have our squad reduced to 25.

Departures - Mesbah, Ambro(end of the season), Pato(no choice really) ,Robinho(same as pato) ,Traore ,Flamini ,Boateng and any 2 of our CBs since none are near good enough.

Arrivals - a CB although i really have no clue which one...considering what we need is a established player and no one will part with one for cheap. Maybe convince Nesta to come back until the season ends along with bringing another CB in on loan

Honestly guys i can see no progress for us until we get rid of alot of the players in the team currently so we can have a more clear image of what exactly we possess and what we would need.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:14 am

If we can get Vlad Chirches, Luca Cigarini, and Andriy Yarmolenko we would have a much better team already. As for the striking department, I have an eternal love for Leandro Damiao.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am

strikers are important but I think you definitely need a CB quickly. El Shaarawy can carry the attack temporarily but your back four is disgusting to look at .
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:03 am

zarola wrote:strikers are important but I think you definitely need a CB quickly. El Shaarawy can carry the attack temporarily but your back four is disgusting to look at .

With the exception of De Sciglio
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:35 am

Galliani asked about Honda: "Someone will come in January but I've no idea what's the nationality of those that will arrive."

Rami is already wrapped up

And i'm guessing Honda will come too
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 am

My only concern, is that the rotation that Allegri will deploy will go something like this if we get these 2 signings

Honda>>>>Kaka>>>>Birsa>>>>Robinho at AM>>>Montolivo at AM>>>>>Change formation because f*ck life>>>>>>>>>Saponara (lol if this happens)

Rami and Mexes>>>>>>>>Zapata>>>>Silvestre>>>Bonera>>>>>Zaccardo>>>MDS @ CB>>>>>>NDJ @ CB>>>>>Vergara

Vergara i will let go, because he's 18, but Saponara is 22 ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next